Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Summer League

As I have posted before, Clarke is the most exciting GU player I have ever had the pleasure to watch. Really glad to see him lighting it up on a different stage. Maybe I'll start watching more NBA now.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    As I have posted before, Clarke is the most exciting GU player I have ever had the pleasure to watch. Really glad to see him lighting it up on a different stage. Maybe I'll start watching more NBA now.
    I feel ya. Memphis is my new favorite team. I pick a new one every year depending on which Zag is where.

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    The money is incredible. Id be interested to see where its coming from. It is distorting the game too. Don't know when it will end. Any thoughts????
    It is not going to end....unlike American Football and Baseball....basketball is a global sport and the market for advertisers is in the billions and in the right demographic of 15-45 males......if you can get a 20yo to buy Budwiser or a Chevy or Nike he is likely to keep buying those products for decades....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    BC will be an impact player immediately. OTOH, Rui really needs to be more assertive. He defers too much. This summer lg team is built around him, but he seems comfortable just fitting in......
    Agree with you. I think it might just be the first game jitters. Will see how he comes out the next game, and needs to hit those short jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    I am still upset that the Sixers passed up on Clarke and had Matisse Thybulle instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I am still upset that the Sixers passed up on Clarke and had Matisse Thybulle instead.
    He is a great (and sentimental) story and seemingly a great guy, and I would have loved to have Thybulle here as a Zag, but I would have easily taken Clarke over him. You know what you are getting out of Clarke, but Thybulle's success came while playing out of the top of that zone they play. It just seems to me that you don't quite know what you are getting there... and I have questions about Thybulle on the offensive end, which is an even bigger deal at a back court position than it is for a post player, in my opinion.

Clarke's efficiency numbers and athleticism are on par with Zion, and Clarke seems to me to be less risky for injury and weight issues during his career. I know that Zion is a load down low, and that adds some extra value, but I think the Grizzlies got an absolute steal in Clarke.

Good point. BB is definitely a world sport. How globalized is the NBA?. What is the World viewership as opposed to Domestic? Never thought about this. Wish I was young 6'5" and BB gifted. Never made it past 5'10" but did make it to Law School, MBA School and all that.

The Lakers signed another wing Avery Bradley.

Rui's Washington Wizards vs. Brooklyn Nets coming up in a few minutes on NBA TV.
    [
    Box Score
    Last edited by ZagNative; 07-08-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Rui's Washington Wizards vs. Brooklyn Nets coming up in a few minutes on NBA TV.
    [
    Box Score
    Rui looking more confident in the late 2Q, nice finish through contact and FT line jumper.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

19 points 7 rebounds

Here was one fan forum thread on BC's 1st game:

https://boards.grizzliesonline.com/t...ippers-7-7-19/
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Here was one fan forum thread on BC's 1st game:

https://boards.grizzliesonline.com/t...ippers-7-7-19/
    Good stuff. Thanks! Brandon is going to be a star. He is so relaxed, yet so explosive.

Josh Perkins is playing for the Charlotte Hornets vs. China on ESPNU. Pretty boring game so far. Box Score. China leading 41-34 at 1:32 in the second quarter.

Zach Norvell is playing for the LA Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors. Box Score. Zach with 5 points so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Josh Perkins is playing for the Charlotte Hornets vs. China on ESPNU. Pretty boring game so far. Box Score. China leading 41-34 at 1:32 in the second quarter.

Zach Norvell is playing for the LA Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors. Box Score. Zach with 5 points so far.
    1 for 4 from 3 in 15 minutes so far. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    1 for 4 from 3 in 15 minutes so far. Just sayin
    Nobody's covering themselves with glory tonight ...

Zach Norvell is putting up a stinker tonight.

https://www.espn.com/nba-summer-leag...mmer-las-vegas

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post

I remember those.

I remember those.
    Maybe the NBA was a pipe dream.

Every volume shooter has those games......, take a look at RJ Barrett's games for the Knicks....I don't know if Zack will play in the NBA but he will play for plenty of money in the next 10 years or more...

Norvell coming off a SI jt contusion, which is painful for a week or so.

Patients often state, "feels like a lightning strike in my butt every time I take a step."

These type of injuries can be acutely painful, yet often subside within a week or two, yet Norvell only took one day off and appears to play through it.

He may or may not be symptomatic, yet could also be effecting his jumpshot right now.

Ever had sciatica? While SI issues are more isolated, it can be just as painful. Imagine taking a jump shot with that type of discomfort.

Maybe the NBA was a pipe dream.
    Lotta that going around.

Lotta that going around.
    Why did you wait around to post about Norvell until he had a bad game but made no mention of his games that he played well? Why can't you just root for the guy instead of promoting some narrative that he made the wrong decision? If he's happy with his decision and was just tired of going to school, then he made the correct decision. People sitting behind a message board especially for a team we all enjoy watching, should do nothing but root the kid on.

Zach made his decision and his success in the league is only a good thing for Gonzaga

Best of luck in his continued chasing of his dream.

As for the other......Its typical jazz.......all things Zag negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Why did you wait around to post about Norvell until he had a bad game but made no mention of his games that he played well? Why can't you just root for the guy instead of promoting some narrative that he made the wrong decision? If he's happy with his decision and was just tired of going to school, then he made the correct decision. People sitting behind a message board especially for a team we all enjoy watching, should do nothing but root the kid on.
    Exactly
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.