Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Summer League

Since Eric Mika was mentioned I'll add that Jock Landale is playing with the Bucks. Had 25 and 10 in his first game and did well his 2nd game too. Hitting 3's.
    HEY, all these ZAGS playing summer NBA ball !! I thought I was through with them after last season. Apparently NOT
    ZAGS EVERYWHERE...cool.

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    I really hope the KCP and Danny Green signings don’t bode poorly for Zach. He has played so well this summer!
    Watch for chemistry failures in lots of the new rosters with prima donnas, including the Lakers.
    Parlez-vous français?

Zags' summer league teams playing today:

Now on: Perkins' Charlotte team vs. San Antonio, ESPN2

Box Score

Charlotte trails San Antonio 45-53 just after the start of the second half. Josh with 8 points on 2-3 three-point shooting, with 4 assists and a steal.

7:00 PM - Jonathan Williams Houston Rockets team vs. Portland Trail Blazers, NBA TV

8:30 PM - Brandon Clark's Memphis Grizzlies vs. LA Clippers, ESPN2

Josh ends up with respectable 14 points, 5 assists, 2 steals and 1 turnover.
    Parlez-vous français?

Looking for info on Brandon, I found this tidbit: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/...-contract.html
    As our chart of rookie scale salaries shows, Clarke’s first NBA deal figures to be worth approximately $2.48MM in year one and $12.15MM if he plays out the full four seasons.
    The full table of rookie salaries is here: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/07/...und-picks.html

Pretty amazing right out of college ...

The money is incredible. Id be interested to see where its coming from. It is distorting the game too. Don't know when it will end. Any thoughts????

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    The money is incredible. Id be interested to see where its coming from. It is distorting the game too. Don't know when it will end. Any thoughts????
    advertising dollars, mostly... but in the end it's from people loving the NBA like we love zags basketball-- meaning eyeballs on media, or money for tickets, shirts, hats, etc. it's not complicated and it isn't like CBB doesn't have the same thing going on, in terms of the crazy $$-- it's just divided between 350+ schools and there are no public ledgers showing individuals making ridiculous sums besides coaches, which we just all kinda accept right now.

sports are big money and getting bigger (or at least better at monetizing).

curious what you mean by "distorting the game", tho. seems like between revenue sharing and the salary cap (whose implementations are far from perfect), $$ discrepancies mess with the market and competitive balance way less in the NBA than in most other sports leagues.

Clarke putting on a show. Definitely belongs!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brandon Clarke's Memphis Grizzlies now playing vs. the LA Clippers on ESPN2.

Box Score

Brandon already with 6 points 6:48 in the first quarter.

This should be fun!

Good Point about revenue sharing and salary cap but the salaries are so huge that three or four individual players can get together and make a deal to take a salary cut and play together to the detriment of the league. We saw this in Miami a while ago. Golden State? Dont think the NBA can do anything about this and it will happen again. When you come from poverty if your net worth is 60 or 100 million or more is irrelevant. Its so much money, that it will always be there (assuming financial advisers) which is standard practice for large salary players. This goes way back. Joe Frazier syndicated himself in the early 70's and lived off this money for a long long time. Am I wrong???

Just drained a nice 3

I guess one has to pull for a player and not a team. If Memphis wanted to win Clarke would play more .

Clarke filling the stat line. Has 2 blocks in the half.

Clarke just spectacular on both end of the court.....playing with confidence....

Does this mean we have to root for Grayson Allen?

Monday games coming up:

2:30 PM Hachimura's Wizards vs Brooklyn - NBA TV
    8:00 PM Perkins' Charlotte vs. China - ESPNU
    8:30 PM Norvell's LA Lakers vs.Golden State Warriors - NBA TV

Josh - 22 min. 4/7 from 3 with 5 assists. Total 14 Pts. Did very well!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Josh - 22 min. 4/7 from 3 with 5 assists. Total 14 Pts. Did very well!
    Josh will always be one of my favorites but Ronny Turiaf will always be my #1.

And another, full game highlights.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...c6&action=view

The East Coasters who are asleep when the Zags play are going to wonder where in the world this Brandon Clarke guy came from. I expect to see him regularly on Sporscenter’s Top Plays— on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    The East Coasters who are asleep when the Zags play are going to wonder where in the world this Brandon Clarke guy came from. I expect to see him regularly on Sporscenter’s Top Plays— on both sides of the ball.

Summer league is a neat chance to see past Zag opponents get into little rematches.

Clarke was facing off against FSU's best player from the last 2 years (Kabengele).

Jw3 and the Rockets includes Chris Chiozza, the lightning fast Florida guard who helped lead his team in the double overtime marathon against the Zags in the PK80 where Jw3 dropped 39 points and we were 1 Silas Melson missed free throw (84% from the line) from the win.

Clarke was widely considered a Lottery Pick until his 'short' 6'8" wingspan was measured at combine.

Sure, his wingspan was 4" shorter than the other bigs, yet his vertical is/was 7-9" higher than those very same bigs.

Do the math scouts.

Also, here is a really interesting breakdown of his defensive prowess and bball IQ last night, his positioning and decision making (offense and defense) are superb.

https://twitter.com/SKPearlman/statu...96383800868864

BC will be an impact player immediately. OTOH, Rui really needs to be more assertive. He defers too much. This summer lg team is built around him, but he seems comfortable just fitting in......