Thread: Big East adding UCONN

Default Big East adding UCONN

Looks like Big East is doubling down on its traditional territory while UCONN is trying to reclaim faded glory.

https://es.pn/2L8ukrn

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Interesting move by both that makes sense for both... but will UConn be the only public school in the Big East? I wonder if the Big East will add anyone else. It’s too bad that Syracuse is so happily ensconced in the ACC.

UCONN is in a tough spot financially. UCONN can’t afford FBS football unless they can get into a league with a better TV contract. They can’t get into a league with a better TV contract without FBS football. No football league wants UCONN without their basketball programs. Those AAC travel expenses must be staggering for a school that is so far away from some of the other league members.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Interesting move by both that makes sense for both... but will UConn be the only public school in the Big East? I wonder if the Big East will add anyone else. It’s too bad that Syracuse is so happily ensconced in the ACC.
    I believe Butler is a public school...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I believe Butler is a public school...
    Butler is private, but they're the only non-Catholic school currently in the big east.

It's why I didn't understand Wichita State's move to the American. It has done nothing to help Marshall's program. It has been known for years & years prior to WSU's move that the high level programs wanted out. I wouldn't be surprised if Cincinnati is next. Especially with all the money they spent revamping their on campus arena.