Thread: Please, no more Zion!!!

Default Please, no more Zion!!!

It's not even 9 AM here in Texas, and I've had enough Zion to last me the rest of the year.

He's an incredibly talented young player, but he has yet to play against grown men, many of whom will be itching to teach the kid a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    It's not even 9 AM here in Texas, and I've had enough Zion to last me the rest of the year.

He's an incredibly talented young player, but he has yet to play against grown men, many of whom will be itching to teach the kid a lesson.

With ya. Even more annoying, almost every episode is narrated by Jay Bilas, who acts like this is the FIRST time the world is coming to know Zion. The Duke franchise on ESPN is gone beyond humorous; it's downright scandalous. Did you see the piece where Koach said Z was a gift from heaven. Geez. Duke's track record with NBA success is pretty lame. I guess Koach is doubling down. Will Avery, where are you? Grayson, traded again?

I feel sorry for him....he is only 18....ESPN should leave him alone....I have helped raise a few boys an believe me you do not want to know what their innermost teenage thoughts are... he looks and talks and behaves like a wonderful young man...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I feel sorry for him....he is only 18....ESPN should leave him alone....I have helped raise a few boys an believe me you do not want to know what their innermost teenage thoughts are... he looks and talks and behaves like a wonderful young man...
    This. The poor kid never asked for the hype... ESPN deemed him a deity. He looked embarrassed at the lottery. My gut says he will be glad to have this over with tonight. If he comes out of the gate lackluster and average (like most rookies)... the hype will disappear.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    He's being objectified by adults who know better but the money is too big to pass on........Yes, seems a wonderful kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    He's being objectified by adults who know better but the money is too big to pass on........Yes, seems a wonderful kid.
    Think this describes your post....

or is it...

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Think this describes your post....

or is it...

Hey, are you going? Take the LIRR to Brooklyn........

Hey, are you going? Take the LIRR to Brooklyn........
    Would love to... but alas... trying to start a business and have a meeting right after work. I'm just hoping to get home in time for the draft.

with you TZF
    on espnu, it's been non stop replays of Duke games form last season for seemingly weeks now, wall to wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    with you TZF
    on espnu, it's been non stop replays of Duke games form last season for seemingly weeks now, wall to wall.
    To their credit, they showed the Duke-Zag game from Maui. Believe it or not, the Zags won that game, despite ESPN's best attempts to edit the video! lol

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I would imagine the Pelicans first game will be on national TV, and I will laugh out loud when Zion gets schooled by someone older and stronger.

This photo just made Georgian center Goga Bitadze everyone's favorite NBA Draft prospect

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...ZsP?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I would imagine the Pelicans first game will be on national TV, and I will laugh out loud when Zion gets schooled by someone older and stronger.
    In addition to doubting it will happen (at least doubting that there are many players who are stronger or that it will happen at a higher rate than good players are typically "schooled") - I really don't understand the motivation for this kind of sentiment.

If you root against Duke (I do!) if you dislike the 1-and-done model (I do!) if you resent the ESPN hype and media circus around Zion (I do!) :

What makes you dislike or root against Zion? He sounds like a classy kid and a great team mate. He had great and gracious things to say about the Zags following their loss in the Maui title game. He also spoke highly of Tacko Fall and other opponents following some Duke near losses. I can't say I always heard the same from Coach K or RJ Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This photo just made Georgian center Goga Bitadze everyone's favorite NBA Draft prospect

That is incredibly weak.

Very impressive, adults!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I like Zion and look forward to watching him in the NBA
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I like Zion and look forward to watching him in the NBA
    I'm with you, I think Zion is a very entertaining basketball player and seems like a great kid as well. I think he is going to be a star in the NBA personally.

Bilas on PTI today affirmed Koach’s comment that Zion is heaven sent. Nausea set in. Then he gushed over Barrett and Reddish and mentioned a few more players, all from the ACC. It’s a scandal we can nothing about but wring our hands and change the channel.

I’m busting with pride. Arigato

I’m busting with pride. Arigato
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

Give me the Dough without the show....thats just me...at 18 can't be easy. Zion seems genuine and wish him luck...the media creates narratives on the way up and down.

I remember how I felt when LeBron came into the Association out of high school. The hype was oppressive and I expected him to come in as an entitled, spoiled man child. I admit to rooting against him if only because I was sick of him (and his mom) being so over-exposed. In fact, James has been a great player, good person (as far as I know) and lived up to his potential.

I hope Zion does the same, even as I am weary of seeing him get all the attention (which he didn't ask for).

Did you all notice when Rui got drafted they show a highlight of him banging with and scoring over Zion? Same for Brandon on that block in Maui.

Go Zags