Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Note

Name to watch Grimmes.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Name to watch Grimmes.
    But what about next year?! He has to sit out right? Give us more!

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    July is coming soon...

July is coming soon...
    Who? Help a brother out......

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    He is trying to get a waiver to play next year.

Name to watch Grimmes.
    You talking Quentin Grimes? Wouldn’t that take us out of the Suggs’ sweepstakes?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    He is trying to get a waiver to play next year.

If he gets the waiver this would be huge! Going to be tough getting him out of Texas I would imagine.

Name to watch Grimmes.
    According to Cory Evans from Rivals:

"This seems to be a two-horse race between Houston and Texas A&M. The former five-star guard and Kansas Jayhawk made his transfer official last month after withdrawing his name from the NBA Draft. From there, Grimes took unofficial visits to both programs, but since then there has been very little news coming from his camp.

Houston may be the slight favorite at this point. The draw of playing in his hometown and suiting up for one of the better programs nationally is certainly playing in the Cougars' favor. However, the Aggies can offer Grimes the chance to compete in the SEC, enjoy unlimited resources and the opportunity to have the ball in his hands early on during Buzz Williams’ first few seasons in College Station.

Look for a commitment in the coming days, and there is also a chance that Grimes could receive a waiver to play right away."

https://sports.yahoo.com/twitter-tue...3.html?src=rss
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    You talking Quentin Grimes? Wouldn’t that take us out of the Suggs’ sweepstakes?
    No it won’t impact Suggs because I don’t believe we will take Grimes if we do not have a strong comfort that he will be immediately eligible. In other words, he would play immediately and then enter the draft. I don’t think this staff will do anything to hinder the Suggs recruitment. I personally would love for Grimes and Suggs to play together but Grimes wants to be a pg.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Who? Help a brother out......

Quentin Grimes. Former McDonalds All american who played 1 year at Kansas. Kid is a fantastic player and a future good pro. He would be an incredible add if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    According to Cory Evans from Rivals:

"This seems to be a two-horse race between Houston and Texas A&M. The former five-star guard and Kansas Jayhawk made his transfer official last month after withdrawing his name from the NBA Draft. From there, Grimes took unofficial visits to both programs, but since then there has been very little news coming from his camp.

Houston may be the slight favorite at this point. The draw of playing in his hometown and suiting up for one of the better programs nationally is certainly playing in the Cougars' favor. However, the Aggies can offer Grimes the chance to compete in the SEC, enjoy unlimited resources and the opportunity to have the ball in his hands early on during Buzz Williams’ first few seasons in College Station.

Look for a commitment in the coming days, and there is also a chance that Grimes could receive a waiver to play right away."

https://sports.yahoo.com/twitter-tue...3.html?src=rss
    I do not disagree with Corey Evans about a&m and Houston. I just said watch the name as he's a legit option if we could get him out of Texas. It will be hard but we definitely are on him. July is going to be important for all Kansas and Arizona players

For him to be eligible next season, the NCAA would have to grant him a waiver to play. Now, if the NCAA knows that KU will be penalized in its investigation, then the NCAA might give him a waiver but normally these investigations/allegations take months to decided and more than likely, nothing will happen this coming season for any of those schools...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    For him to be eligible next season, the NCAA would have to grant him a waiver to play. Now, if the NCAA knows that KU will be penalized in its investigation, then the NCAA might give him a waiver but normally these investigations/allegations take months to decided and more than likely, nothing will happen this coming season for any of those schools...IMO
    The rumor is punishments coming down in July.

Look at Corey Evans article again really close and it says nothing's come from is camps since the visits. There is reason for that. Definitely not saying we're the leader in this race but our horses in the race.

The rumor is punishments coming down in July.

Look at Corey Evans article again really close and it says nothing's come from is camps since the visits. There is reason for that. Definitely not saying we're the leader in this race but our horses in the race.
    That would be an extremely and nearly historically quick move by the NCAA...I still have difficulty believing that any NCAA ruling would include Probation, which if I understand the rule, would release players from their commitment...

That would be an extremely and nearly historically quick move by the NCAA...I still have difficulty believing that any NCAA ruling would include Probation, which if I understand the rule, would release players from their commitment...
    I could be wrong but that's just what I'm hearing.

Has there ever been a situation where the FBI has gone after coaches like this and done most of the work for the NCAA? I would say that's now things have gone historically, which would make this different. It's a bad look for the NCAA to keep letting this go on.

I could be wrong but that's just what I'm hearing.
    Hey, I'm with you...let's get it done and be able to start the season FRESH!

(Am still gonna be surprised)

Hey, I'm with you...let's get it done and be able to start the season FRESH!

(Am still gonna be surprised)
    Same. I was hearing this a few weeks ago and kept waiting for it to die down, instead of dying down it's picking up steam. Still may not happen.

Same. I was hearing this a few weeks ago and kept waiting for it to die down, instead of dying down it's picking up steam. Still may not happen.
    Hey Caldwell:

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Hey Caldwell:

Thanks man.
    You're welcome!

Wow, I understand its a long shot but a caliber of player like Grimes to come in and set up the monster that our front court will be, that would be a godsend.

Cool

The Whelping Box has become great fun again, Caldwell. Thanks.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I haven't really seen Grimes play, but I've got to say that his numbers aren't super exciting....

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...38#post1466438

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    The Whelping Box has become great fun again, Caldwell. Thanks.

:]
    Hopefully it's fun!! I can't do the not fun that was going on prior.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I haven't really seen Grimes play, but I've got to say that his numbers aren't super exciting....

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...38#post1466438
    Hes exactly the type of guard we need for a year. High level D1 experience in starting the offense, can create for others, finishes at the rim, defensive motor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdHdr8s78Xg