X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Wow, I understand its a long shot but a caliber of player like Grimes to come in and set up the monster that our front court will be, that would be a godsend.

Comment

• Kiddwell
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      Same. I was hearing this a few weeks ago and kept waiting for it to die down, instead of dying down it's picking up steam. Still may not happen.
      The Whelping Box has become great fun again, Caldwell. Thanks.

:]
      Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• scrooner
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I haven't really seen Grimes play, but I've got to say that his numbers aren't super exciting....

Comment

• caldwellzag
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
          The Whelping Box has become great fun again, Caldwell. Thanks.

Hopefully it's fun!! I can't do the not fun that was going on prior.

Comment

• hooter73
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
            I haven't really seen Grimes play, but I've got to say that his numbers aren't super exciting....

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...38#post1466438
            Hes exactly the type of guard we need for a year. High level D1 experience in starting the offense, can create for others, finishes at the rim, defensive motor...

Kansas guard Quentin Grimes' highlights from the 2018-19 basketball season. Check out his full season highlights with the Jayhawks this year.SUBSCRIBE: https...

Comment

• cggonzaga
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
              Hes exactly the type of guard we need for a year. High level D1 experience in starting the offense, can create for others, finishes at the rim, defensive motor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdHdr8s78Xg
              To add on, former 5 star, started as freshman at Kansas. The numbers are pretty good for a freshman at Kansas.

Comment

• raise the zag
                Zag for Life
                • May 2011

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                To add on, former 5 star, started as freshman at Kansas. The numbers are pretty good for a freshman at Kansas.
                Grimes wants to return to his born & bred, home state -- Texas.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
                  Grimes wants to return to his born & bred, home state -- Texas.
                  That's his top choice, but also wants to run the PG for a national championship contending team too. If he leaves Texas expect it to be to Spokane.

Comment

• raise the zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • May 2011

That's his top choice, but also wants to run the PG for a national championship contending team too. If he leaves Texas expect it to be to Spokane.
                    Certainly hope that's the case.

Big fan of Grimes. More combo guard than pure PG, yet that's what he played at KU and wants to be a PG.

Kansas was my favorite team as a kid. Still follow them.

But insiders close to him expecting Houston as his landing spot, followed closely by A&M.

He'd do well here, one hit wonder and we'd be just fine with it.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Root Beers!

We have a grad transfer from Texas A&M, a goodie. If Admon thinks Zagville's a great place to "show his stuff" for a year, why not Grimes? Two Texans, in the back court!

<Admon, text this guy!>
                      Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• exclusivelee
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

We have a grad transfer from Texas A&M, a goodie. If Admon thinks Zagville's a great place to "show his stuff" for a year, why not Grimes? Two Texans, in the back court!

Im sure Grimes would have to redshirt the 2019-20 season if he transferred to Gonzaga. Doubt he would get a waiver to play in Spokane

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

<Admon, text this guy!>
                          Plus Timme

The stars at night
                          are big and bright
                          Deep in the heart of Zagland.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post
                            Im sure Grimes would have to redshirt the 2019-20 season if he transferred to Gonzaga. Doubt he would get a waiver to play in Spokane
                            From what I am hearing is July is going to be a big month from the NCAA.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

From what I am hearing is July is going to be a big month from the NCAA.
                              As in big month of announcing penalties to teams whose sleazy recruiting practices were focus of FBI investigation and simultaneous announcement that any and all players currently on those teams can transfer and will be immediately eligible...unless of course they were players who accepted $ to play for said programs??!!!

This is the only news from NCAA I wanna hear in July.

IF above such news comes from NCAA this July, hats off to Few and staff for their courage and foresight to hold off on signing just anyone to address PG need. I don’t wanna play poker against Mark Few!
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Bogozags
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                As in big month of announcing penalties to teams whose sleazy recruiting practices were focus of FBI investigation and simultaneous announcement that any and all players currently on those teams can transfer and will be immediately eligible...unless of course they were players who accepted $ to play for said programs??!!!

This is the only news from NCAA I wanna hear in July.

IF above such news comes from NCAA this July, hats off to Few and staff for their courage and foresight to hold off on signing just anyone to address PG need. I don’t wanna play poker against Mark Few!
                                Yes, it would seem as though he is holding his cards close to his vest...

By the way, are you in the middle of that heavy thunder storm?

Comment

Working...
                                X