Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagDad84
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
    Zach wants to be gone....let him be gone!
    That is what I do not understand about this thread.

If Zach is really and truly done with school, he has already made his decision regardless of if he is drafted, where he is drafted, where he will play or what he will be paid. Once you are truly done, everything else does not matter. You have made your decision to cast your lot in with the professional leagues, be that NBA, G-League, Europe or whatever.

I really do not think he really cares if this board thinks he made a good decision or a bad decision, whether he would have been better off staying another year or entering this years draft. Despite their protests, nobody on this board knows how much Zach would have improved had he stayed another year and if he would have improved his draft position by staying. How many of these same posters would have said the same thing about Kelly Olynyk after his sophomore year, yet a year in the Olynyk Clinic did wonders for Kelly. You can guess, you can postulate, you can speculate but nobody knows for sure. Your opinion is worth no more and no less than anybody else.

If ZN is truly done, thank you young man for your service. Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and being a lifelong member of the Zag community, we will be rooting for you the rest of your career. Any derogatory comments, demeaning evaluations, are no longer required, what is done is done and the draft gods will determine ZN's fate.

ZagDad

Comment

• zagmeister
      Bulldog Fan
      • May 2019

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
      You've only post 3 times Zagmeister. Jazz is a very insightful member of this board. Vandal like to insult and disrupt. It's just how he is. Jazz probably is correct on Norvell. He's taking a big change leaving school. Beloved by most here, I'd guess he's got little chance of being a lottery or even a top 50 pick. Like Van Fleet, our Norvell likely won't get drafted at least in a convincing number. But it's quite true that Norvell may defeat the odds like Van Fleet has and make it to the NBA. Only time will tell.
      In the meantime, there's really no reason to get hostile or even critical on this topic. If you continue to post Zagmeister, you'll see that most of the issues are much ado about nothing. Last Summer in the off season we had no major blowups and the board had little conflict. Let's hope we keep it to a peaceful simmer.
      Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
      For me, Vandal keeping Jazz in check holds more truth than half the stuff Jazz posts. While I do enjoy a lot of Jazz’s insights, he takes his version of the truth way too far sometimes. On the thread about Norvell declaring for the draft Jazz said Zach checked out halfway through the season. For that to be true Norvell would have to not care about winning the games. Which also meant he didn’t give a sh!t about his teammates or the coaches. Vandal rightfully stepped in once again and called out Jazz’s post.
      If someone here can attack a player in such a way why not throw it back at them?
      You are correct ABE that I have only posted 3 times, but I have been reading this Board for MANY years; almost every day for thousands and thousands of days. I only recently signed up so I could block posters who I feel are out of line; and maybe offer a few posts.

You are also correct that Jazz can be an insightful member of this Board, but for me his insights are far outweighed by his many negative remarks, such as those about Norvell. Those remarks may have had a sliver of truth in them, but why focus on the negative, over and over again? I can fathom no reason whatsoever that any of us Zag fans are justified in belittling a team player... IMHO it's prolifically petty, not at all amusing, and certainly is not something I want to read. I truly enjoy the thoughtful remarks of those Board members who are and insightful AND constructive; thankfully most Board posters are awesome.

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
        That is what I do not understand about this thread.

If Zach is really and truly done with school, he has already made his decision regardless of if he is drafted, where he is drafted, where he will play or what he will be paid. Once you are truly done, everything else does not matter. You have made your decision to cast your lot in with the professional leagues, be that NBA, G-League, Europe or whatever.

I really do not think he really cares if this board thinks he made a good decision or a bad decision, whether he would have been better off staying another year or entering this years draft. Despite their protests, nobody on this board knows how much Zach would have improved had he stayed another year and if he would have improved his draft position by staying. How many of these same posters would have said the same thing about Kelly Olynyk after his sophomore year, yet a year in the Olynyk Clinic did wonders for Kelly. You can guess, you can postulate, you can speculate but nobody knows for sure. Your opinion is worth no more and no less than anybody else.

If ZN is truly done, thank you young man for your service. Wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and being a lifelong member of the Zag community, we will be rooting for you the rest of your career. Any derogatory comments, demeaning evaluations, are no longer required, what is done is done and the draft gods will determine ZN's fate.

ZagDad
        And ZagDad’s got it. We can now close this thread . The denouement has arrived!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Pointing out the new rules allow a player in ZN’s position to still return to school if they decide to do so does not mean anyone is arguing he should or should not go pro. I was just surprised to learn it remains an option for undrafted players who attend the combine.

Whatever ZN wants to do is what I will applaud him for and cheer for.
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• ZagaZags
            Banned
            • May 2010

Spoiler Alert.

Zach Norvell isn't coming back.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
              Pointing out the new rules allow a player in ZN’s position to still return to school if they decide to do so does not mean anyone is arguing he should or should not go pro. I was just surprised to learn it remains an option for undrafted players who attend the combine.

Whatever ZN wants to do is what I will applaud him for and cheer for.
              I thought that rule change had to be wrong at first. But as I thought about it, it makes sense. It seems like it would protect a player who thinks he has a really good chance of being drafted and gets enough feedback from the NBA that he thinks he is going to be drafted. Getting invited to the combine seems like the part that thins the herd and shows who the real contenders for draft day are.

If you are delusional enough to stay in the draft after not getting invited to the combine, it is not the system that let you down. it is yourself and your closest advisors. It makes sense that this category of players wouldn't get to come back, because it would be tough on college programs to plan for the future if all of your players potentially can enter the draft and come back.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

I just don't understand the belittling of Zach on this thread. The whole "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitudes. Wishing someone luck while in the same sentence saying we can replace you comes off a bit disingenuous at best.

The interviews I have seen of him have shown him offering nothing but praise and love for Spokane and Gonzaga. He is just ready to move on to the next phase in his life. Not sure why people just make the assumption he just wanted to get outta Dodge regardless of what happens in the draft. But to each his own... not going to say much else on the subject. Best of luck to Zach... nothing more... nothing less.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  I just don't understand the belittling of Zach on this thread. The whole "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitudes. Wishing someone luck while in the same sentence saying we can replace you comes off a bit disingenuous at best.

The interviews I have seen of him have shown him offering nothing but praise and love for Spokane and Gonzaga. He is just ready to move on to the next phase in his life. Not sure why people just make the assumption he just wanted to get outta Dodge regardless of what happens in the draft. But to each his own... not going to say much else on the subject. Best of luck to Zach... nothing more... nothing less.
                  Thank you! The negativity Jazz and others peddle on this board really gets discouraging.

Comment

• katman50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                    Thank you! The negativity Jazz and others peddle on this board really gets discouraging.
                    It gets old. It's nice having the "block" option on this board. Go Zags!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

[...]

I wanted to reiterate the bolded portion.

He saw the roster this year turn over significantly with the departure of his long-time teammates Josh, Rui, Brandon, and Jones (and almost Tillie, also). His best opportunities at a Nation Championship are behind him, in my opinion. He is getting good feedback on the draft and seems to have a realistic chance of being drafted. His ability to improve this year and vault himself into Round 1 discussion next year is highly speculative. I would love to see him back, but only if he wants to be back. He did have the opportunity to show some leadership and playmaking, but maybe he just wants to be a shooting guard and doesn't want that responsibility and the scrutiny that comes with that. Maybe he wants to start making money and quit staying up all night cramming for tests or writing term papers. Whatever it is, I wish him well.

Comment

• Zaglaw
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

+1 Thank you, LIZF!

Comment

• ZigZagSoCal
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Thank you! I have questioned the loyalty of some members and wonder if they too are ‘one and dones’ themselves.
                          "There is a time when panic is the appropriate response." Eugene Kleiner

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I think my position is pretty well known here. In case there is any doubt, this picture should dispel how I feel about Zach.

Zach made my grandson feel like a king, couldn't have been nicer to us. The worst you'll get out of me is my opinion that he needs to improve his ball handling. He's got a very high basketball IQ, and he has a knack for making a play when it's needed most.

Comment

• gonstu
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I took my sons (11y.o.) to the @ LMU game this past season. We hung around afterwards to greet players and try to get pics. My boys were a little timid - hemming and hawing, each trying to get the other to be the one to approach Zach to ask for a picture. Zach must have noticed this and went out of his way to walk straight over to my boys, leaned down to them and asked, "Can I get my picture with you guys?" A small gesture but one that was so authentic and kind - I was truly impressed and grateful. I can't remember how Zach played that night, but vividly remember this moment. I'll be rooting for Snacks wherever he goes!

Comment

• Birddog
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                                I took my sons (11y.o.) to the @ LMU game this past season. We hung around afterwards to greet players and try to get pics. My boys were a little timid - hemming and hawing, each trying to get the other to be the one to approach Zach to ask for a picture. Zach must have noticed this and went out of his way to walk straight over to my boys, leaned down to them and asked, "Can I get my picture with you guys?" A small gesture but one that was so authentic and kind - I was truly impressed and grateful. I can't remember how Zach played that night, but vividly remember this moment. I'll be rooting for Snacks wherever he goes!
                                That story says a lot about Zach, thanks for sharing.
                                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                                X