Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Most of my spring breaks were spent at North Fort, for our annual 4 day Spring Camp. You could say I was like Cruiser...I joined ROTC to dodge the draft, which ended my freshman year IIRC.
    Doing “the Fort Lewis boogie, what a crazy song?”

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The point, I think, is that Zach is in a far better place than most Joe Colleges.
    ...and the Grinch shows his heart...

...again. Good to see all of you, Jazz. You're much prettier this way, so much more a ZAG...

something many of us would have loved to be in GoZAGS definition, if not for what was left to pay after the scholarship...

That was then ('75), this is now, and the ZAGS are where so many couldn't see them being 15 years ago...

...but some of us did.

Go ZAGS!

Thanks for posting. Great Character guy and he comes from Chicago where I grew up

Norvell a Laker? Lakers looking to buy 2nd round picks and they NEED shooters.......hmmmmm. They are looking to clear cap space and desire inexpensive talent. ⏰ us Lakers have been Zag South...Morrison, Turiaf, Sacre, JWIII.

Looking like Zach received some bad info.

How cool would it be if after a certain point he told teams not to draft him so he could come back? I can dream...

Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.
    It's now in his best interest to not be drafted...sign as a free agent with a team you think is the best fit/situation.

You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.

Undrafted, go join the Lakers.

Things can be dynamic on draft night. Hopefully the communication to ZN that teams were interested was true and not just agents/whoever in his ear - in which case he could catch on with one of the interested teams after going undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.
    Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him
    Not sure that is true. I think he desperately wanted his potential draft status to be in the range he thought it would be and didn't listen to the good information offered to him. I also think some of his thinking was unrelated to basketball.

This is not the end of the world for him. There are so many more avenues to take in the professional basketball world now than there ever were. I don't think his NBA dreams are dead. Realistically they are on life support but there are plenty of against the odds stories in recent years.

The guy had brass balls as a Zag. Take that and a couple breaks and we just might see him in the league yet. If not, the South of Spain can be heaven for some.

You go, Zach.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Wow, unless I’m missing something then based on article from SI ZN can in fact still return to Gonzaga for one more year:
    http://https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/nba-draft-ncaa-agent-rules-changes-explained?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=social&utm_ campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20190616
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Pointing out the new rules allow a player in ZN’s position to still return to school if they decide to do so does not mean anyone is arguing he should or should not go pro. I was just surprised to learn it remains an option for undrafted players who attend the combine.

Whatever ZN wants to do is what I will applaud him for and cheer for.

I don't know who Emily Caron is, but she had some misinformation or misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    That rule is contingent upon the NBA adding a rule making undrafted NCAA players ineligible for the NBA until the end of the following NCAA season (to prevent guys from returning to college and then getting called up to the NBA in the middle of the college season). I don't believe the NBA has added that rule yet.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibilit...getting-degree

Norvell had one of the lowest max verticals of any guard prospect ALL TIME at the combine. 30" max, not standing vertical.

Many posters on this board have a higher max vertical than Zach or did at the same age. Mine was around 33" in HS, and I was an avarage to decent athlete at the time. Max vertical is with a full step and/or two steps.

The measurables did him no favors. And his workouts weren't great, as his turnovers were an issue when they tested his PG abilities. One area he could have worked on and one area the NBA wanted him to prove. His shooting was pretty darn good by all accounts.

As I posted early in this thread, I felt he'd go UDFA route.

The "20-40 range" was bogus from the beginning, and mentioned this was bad info as well.

Zach has incredible and undeniable confidence and will likely try to emulate JIII.

G League, trying to get training camp invites with right team, summer league, etc. Tough go

Zack will play basketball for good money for more than 10 years if he wants to and he is healthy..... at the end of that period he should be set for life financially ….he can finish college any time he wants to....this is the beginning of his career....I believe he has made the right choice .

I am a lot more concerned about Tillie....

Zach to the Lakers. A great fit for him. They need to stack their roster with cheap players who can shoot. An ideal situation. Good luck ZN!!!!

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
    Follow Follow @ShamsCharania
    More
    Undrafted Gonzaga guard Zach Norvell has agreed to a two-way NBA contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Here is another "ouch": Jeff Eisenberg for Yahoo Sports, posted an article entitled "NBA Draft: The five best college players who went unselected." He listed his five choices (no Zags), and then provided a list of "Honorable Mention" players, including one of our favorite players: "Mike Daum, F, South Dakota State; ... Caleb Martin, G, Nevada; ... Tyus Battle, G, Syracuse; Phil Booth, G, Villanova; ... [and] Josh Perkins, G, Gonzaga."
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Here is another "ouch": Jeff Eisenberg for Yahoo Sports, posted an article entitled "NBA Draft: The five best college players who went unselected." He listed his five choices (no Zags), and then provided a list of "Honorable Mention" players, including one of our favorite players: "Mike Daum, F, South Dakota State; ... Caleb Martin, G, Nevada; ... Tyus Battle, G, Syracuse; Phil Booth, G, Villanova; ... [and] Josh Perkins, G, Gonzaga."
    Two big names on his list: Ethan Happ and Shomarie Ponds.....there are just not enough spots in the NBA these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Two big names on his list: Ethan Happ and Shomarie Ponds.....there are just not enough spots in the NBA these days.....
    I can't imagine that next year's draft will be as deep as this one. That kid from Belmont definitely capitalized on his performance in the Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
    Follow Follow @ShamsCharania
    More
    Undrafted Gonzaga guard Zach Norvell has agreed to a two-way NBA contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    Good for Zach. Since the Lakers traded away most of their bodies there's a good chance he will get called up this year.

Hell probably earn $100k to $200k this year, not too shabby.

What Is The Earning Power Of A Two-Way Contract For 2018–19?

https://2ways10days.com/what-is-the-...9-a7fb2bdd2459

Snax reunites with former high school teammate

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...raft-las-vegas