Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Most of my spring breaks were spent at North Fort, for our annual 4 day Spring Camp. You could say I was like Cruiser...I joined ROTC to dodge the draft, which ended my freshman year IIRC.
    Doing “the Fort Lewis boogie, what a crazy song?”

Comment

• DADoZAG
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      The point, I think, is that Zach is in a far better place than most Joe Colleges.
      ...and the Grinch shows his heart...

...again. Good to see all of you, Jazz. You're much prettier this way, so much more a ZAG...

something many of us would have loved to be in GoZAGS definition, if not for what was left to pay after the scholarship...

That was then ('75), this is now, and the ZAGS are where so many couldn't see them being 15 years ago...

...but some of us did.

Go ZAGS!
      Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• sheps001
        Kennel Club Material
        • Dec 2011

Thanks for posting. Great Character guy and he comes from Chicago where I grew up

Comment

• zagfan1970
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2011

Norvell a Laker? Lakers looking to buy 2nd round picks and they NEED shooters.......hmmmmm. They are looking to clear cap space and desire inexpensive talent. ⏰ us Lakers have been Zag South...Morrison, Turiaf, Sacre, JWIII.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Looking like Zach received some bad info.

Comment

• zagssuperfan
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jun 2013

How cool would it be if after a certain point he told teams not to draft him so he could come back? I can dream...

Comment

• Alum08
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2014

Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Alum08 View Post
                  Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.
                  It's now in his best interest to not be drafted...sign as a free agent with a team you think is the best fit/situation.

Comment

• SwainZag
                    Kennel Club
                    • Mar 2009

You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.

Comment

• Alum08
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by SwainZag View Post
                      You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.
                      Took a SG but not the one we wanted.

Comment

• ZagNut08
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Undrafted, go join the Lakers.

Comment

• whatazag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Things can be dynamic on draft night. Hopefully the communication to ZN that teams were interested was true and not just agents/whoever in his ear - in which case he could catch on with one of the interested teams after going undrafted.

Comment

• basketballzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Alum08 View Post
                            Took a SG but not the one we wanted.
                            Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him

Comment

• Markburn1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                              Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him
                              Not sure that is true. I think he desperately wanted his potential draft status to be in the range he thought it would be and didn't listen to the good information offered to him. I also think some of his thinking was unrelated to basketball.

This is not the end of the world for him. There are so many more avenues to take in the professional basketball world now than there ever were. I don't think his NBA dreams are dead. Realistically they are on life support but there are plenty of against the odds stories in recent years.

The guy had brass balls as a Zag. Take that and a couple breaks and we just might see him in the league yet. If not, the South of Spain can be heaven for some.

You go, Zach.

Comment

• KStyles
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                Wow, unless I’m missing something then based on article from SI ZN can in fact still return to Gonzaga for one more year:
                                http://https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/nba-draft-ncaa-agent-rules-changes-explained?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=social&utm_ campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20190616
                                Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                Pointing out the new rules allow a player in ZN’s position to still return to school if they decide to do so does not mean anyone is arguing he should or should not go pro. I was just surprised to learn it remains an option for undrafted players who attend the combine.

Whatever ZN wants to do is what I will applaud him for and cheer for.

I don't know who Emily Caron is, but she had some misinformation or misunderstanding.

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                                That rule is contingent upon the NBA adding a rule making undrafted NCAA players ineligible for the NBA until the end of the following NCAA season (to prevent guys from returning to college and then getting called up to the NBA in the middle of the college season). I don't believe the NBA has added that rule yet.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibilit...getting-degree

Comment

Working...
                                X