Thread: Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Hybrid View

Default Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

He worked out for the Detroit Pistons yesterday.

Cool If that works out...

...it'll be great for Zach & GU's rep. Hope so! Three Zags taken in the NBA draft. Had Killian been healthy, it might very well be four Zags taken, and three in the first round. (Link, bbz?)

Zach!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/sta...593923584?s=09

Here's the source of that prediction.

Hoping for the best.

Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Hoping for the best.

Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.

Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.
    I agree. He needs a ton of work for his career to be secure at the next level, but his three point shooting will land him a niche role until he can get the rest of his game up to snuff.
    I miss Mike Hart

Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.
    It's now in his best interest to not be drafted...sign as a free agent with a team you think is the best fit/situation.

You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.

Undrafted, go join the Lakers.

Things can be dynamic on draft night. Hopefully the communication to ZN that teams were interested was true and not just agents/whoever in his ear - in which case he could catch on with one of the interested teams after going undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.
    Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him