Results 1 to 25 of 170

Thread: Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

    He worked out for the Detroit Pistons yesterday.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,570

    Cool If that works out...

    ...it'll be great for Zach & GU's rep. Hope so! Three Zags taken in the NBA draft. Had Killian been healthy, it might very well be four Zags taken, and three in the first round. (Link, bbz?)


    Zach!

    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Spokane County, WA
    Posts
    169

    Default

    https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/sta...593923584?s=09

    Here's the source of that prediction.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Hoping for the best.

    Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

    But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

    Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

    I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

    Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

    His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

    But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

    All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

    But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Hoping for the best.

    Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

    But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

    Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

    I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

    Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

    His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

    But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

    All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

    But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,906

    Default

    Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.
    I agree. He needs a ton of work for his career to be secure at the next level, but his three point shooting will land him a niche role until he can get the rest of his game up to snuff.
    I miss Mike Hart

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Zach #18 BPA (according to ESPN) with 9 picks left. I'd say his odds are 40/60 to get drafted tonight. It's probably better to go undrafted at this point, IMO. The second round is for vanity.
    It's now in his best interest to not be drafted...sign as a free agent with a team you think is the best fit/situation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    332

    Default

    You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    You know who needs bodies......sitting right there at 58, Golden State.
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Undrafted, go join the Lakers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Things can be dynamic on draft night. Hopefully the communication to ZN that teams were interested was true and not just agents/whoever in his ear - in which case he could catch on with one of the interested teams after going undrafted.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Took a SG but not the one we wanted.
    Man he really got some bad information. Feel bad for him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •