Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballbeachbum
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2008

fun off season Saturday conversation

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I say again, Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.

Comment

• amaronizag
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Jul 2013

I'm hoping Norvell is a good fit wherever he gets drafted and gets a decent run in the NBA. Time will tell how he improves and pans out. Exciting times for the Zags. Everyone that gets his name called in the draft is a bonus for GU recruiting.

Comment

• vandalzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          I say again, Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.
          Do you have a point or is it your normal attention seeking post?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post

Read the whole thread, Mr Bile.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Jazz’s post here is in reply to Goshazgit’s optimistic post suggesting Van Vleet, who went from undrafted to key player for 2019 NBA champs, is a possible career path for Norvell....as in, if ZN doesn’t get drafted it doesn’t mean he won’t make it in the NBA. Jazz makes valid point that the undrafted Van Vleet was actually a much more accomplished NCAA player than Norvell. Pretty valid point imo.
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Vandal don’t read too much.

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                Jazz’s post here is in reply to Goshazgit’s optimistic post suggesting Van Vleet, who went from undrafted to key player for 2019 NBA champs, is a possible career path for Norvell....as in, if ZN doesn’t get drafted it doesn’t mean he won’t make it in the NBA. Jazz makes valid point that the undrafted Van Vleet was actually a much more accomplished NCAA player than Norvell. Pretty valid point imo.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

The Devils in Snax’s ear!!! Love the kid Anyway,)

Comment

• vandalzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    Vandal don’t read too much.
                    You posted the same thing twice, without the making any direct connection to the original quote who said the Van Fleet was an example of somebody getting an opportunity and making the best of it. Obviously Van Fleet's College accomplishments meant nothing to the NBA since he did not get drafted. So why do you post the same thing twice? Goshzagit referred to the situation not comparing college resumes. But that would not fit your snarky narrative would it.
                    I know you are upset that Zach left early and you will not be able to target him with your zippy nicknames, but you must know he did not mean any personal harm to you with his decision to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. Any Zag fan should be jumping up and down rooting for his success in the NBA, because Zach being drafted and playing in the league only enhances the staffs ability to recruit high level talent.
                    On another note have you picked out who will be the target of your special brand of fan support next year?Any hints at your super cool nicknames for next year?

Comment

• zagmeister
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • May 2019

Originally Posted by jazzdelmar: Vandal don’t read too much.

You posted the same thing twice, without the making any direct connection to the original quote who said that Van Fleet was an example of somebody getting an opportunity and making the best of it. Obviously Van Fleet's College accomplishments meant nothing to the NBA since he did not get drafted. So why do you post the same thing twice? Goshzagit referred to the situation not comparing college resumes. But that would not fit your snarky narrative would it?
                      I know you are upset that Zach left early and you will not be able to target him with your zippy nicknames, but you must know he did not mean any personal harm to you with his decision to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. Any Zag fan should be jumping up and down rooting for his success in the NBA, because Zach being drafted and playing in the league only enhances the staffs ability to recruit high level talent.
                      On another note have you picked out who will be the target of your special brand of fan support next year?Any hints at your super cool nicknames for next year?
                      +10,000 --- I, too, am super tired of such arrogance. Constructive observations about basketball are worthwhile, but IMHO his attacks and childish taunts are totally unwarranted on this board.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

You've only post 3 times Zagmeister. Jazz is a very insightful member of this board. Vandal like to insult and disrupt. It's just how he is. Jazz probably is correct on Norvell. He's taking a big change leaving school. Beloved by most here, I'd guess he's got little chance of being a lottery or even a top 50 pick. Like Van Fleet, our Norvell likely won't get drafted at least in a convincing number. But it's quite true that Norvell may defeat the odds like Van Fleet has and make it to the NBA. Only time will tell.
                        In the meantime, there's really no reason to get hostile or even critical on this topic. If you continue to post Zagmeister, you
                        ll see that most of the issues are much ado about nothing. Last Summer in the off season we had no major blowups and the board had little conflict. Let's hope we keep it to a peaceful simmer.

When are the camps again Zag Buddy or ZagNative??

Comment

• KStyles
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Fred VanVleet wasn't drafted by choice.

Right now, it makes far more sense for a player to go undrafted than to be selected in the back half of the NBA draft's second round—what some agents have started calling the "dead zone."

"There were some offers, and teams called on draft night," the former Wichita State point guard Fred VanVleet said about deciding against this option while at Summer League with the Raptors. "I had a good sense before the draft of where I was going to be or what was going to happen. Pretty much, though, the second half of the draft, most of those guys are draft-and-stash guys, and they tell you, 'We're going to put you in the D-League for three to four years' or 'We're going to put you overseas.' Getting my name called was important, but it wasn't important enough for someone to own me with no chance of making the team and no chance of having options."

Comment

• MDABE80
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Good article. Worth a read.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                              You've only post 3 times Zagmeister. Jazz is a very insightful member of this board. Vandal like to insult and disrupt. It's just how he is. Jazz probably is correct on Norvell. He's taking a big change leaving school. Beloved by most here, I'd guess he's got little chance of being a lottery or even a top 50 pick. Like Van Fleet, our Norvell likely won't get drafted at least in a convincing number. But it's quite true that Norvell may defeat the odds like Van Fleet has and make it to the NBA. Only time will tell.
                              In the meantime, there's really no reason to get hostile or even critical on this topic. If you continue to post Zagmeister, you
                              ll see that most of the issues are much ado about nothing. Last Summer in the off season we had no major blowups and the board had little conflict. Let's hope we keep it to a peaceful simmer.

When are the camps again Zag Buddy or ZagNative??
                              For me, Vandal keeping Jazz in check holds more truth than half the stuff Jazz posts. While I do enjoy a lot of Jazz’s insights, he takes his version of the truth way too far sometimes. On the thread about Norvell declaring for the draft Jazz said Zach checked out halfway through the season. For that to be true Norvell would have to not care about winning the games. Which also meant he didn’t give a sh!t about his teammates or the coaches. Vandal rightfully stepped in once again and called out Jazz’s post.

If someone here can attack a player in such a way why not throw it back at them?
                              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• bartruff1
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                                Good article. Worth a read.
                                Puff Piece …. he offers a opinion without any statistical analysis to support it.....yes...players who are not drafted in the top 30 are not likely to play in the NBA.....he admits that the choice to go drafted or undrafted is made on a case by case basis.....you cannot conclude that there is a advantage to refuse a draft.... I suppose if you are a writer...you have to write something that will attract readers.

I will only add that Williams Goss is pretty bright and he chose to sign with Utah.....and become a so called "draft and stash" player.

Comment

Working...
                                X