Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

Default Zach Norvell is hearing he will drafted somewhere between 20-40 in the NBA Draft

He worked out for the Detroit Pistons yesterday.

Cool If that works out...

...it'll be great for Zach & GU's rep. Hope so! Three Zags taken in the NBA draft. Had Killian been healthy, it might very well be four Zags taken, and three in the first round. (Link, bbz?)

Zach!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/sta...593923584?s=09

Here's the source of that prediction.

Hoping for the best.

Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Hoping for the best.

Its great press for GU and Norvell the higher he is drafted.

But realistically, he isnt being projected by any insider/expert/analyst in that range.

Norvell said the exact same thing following the combine, "late 1st, early 2nd", but just dont see it happening.

I could see Zach being drafted as high as 50's, yet more likely late 2nd to UDFA.

Zach's athletic testing did him no favors in the world of GM's. He is the kind of player/prospect liked by scouts more than GM's.

His workouts have been solid but not spectacular. His shooting has been excellent yet turnovers have been a problem when testing his lead guard abilities. That is the word on the street. And quite frankly, Zach is explosive and strong yet not very athletic or quick.

But again, look at Fred Van Fleet for Toronto. Undrafted. And the hero 6th man and MVP of their Championship game.

All it takes is an opportunity. Zach will stick with a team. His moxy, size, fearless confidence and mindset will him a spot.

But he isnt a 1st round pick right now.
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.

Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I love Zach, but he needs to improve his ball handling to make it in the NBA. Given the 3 point emphasis in the NBA, he’ll be an asset wherever he goes.
    I agree. He needs a ton of work for his career to be secure at the next level, but his three point shooting will land him a niche role until he can get the rest of his game up to snuff.
    I miss Mike Hart

Zach is so much more than a 3pt shooter. His ability to get to the hoop and finish (or draw fouls) is way under rated by many on this board. So are his deflections, defense and rebounding. The kids got game.

The kid has NBA size ….NBA shooting skills....and a NBA "let it fly" attitude....plus he will likely play the same position he played in college... I am hopeful....

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Zach is so much more than a 3pt shooter. His ability to get to the hoop and finish (or draw fouls) is way under rated by many on this board. So are his deflections, defense and rebounding. The kids got game.
    I'm down with this. Decision making on O the question mark imo, growth which can come with maturity, coaching, opportunity, the right mind set and situation, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    We seeing different things.

He can finish with clear path, but who can't?

How often did you see him at the free throw line? That is the mark of a true finisher.

I saw too many unforced turnovers off the bounce myself.
    I miss Mike Hart

You’re killing the narrative, Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post

How often did you see him at the free throw line? That is the mark of a true finisher.

Rui got to the line most, followed by Brandon, then Zach. Zach was at the line more than anyone else who played the 1,2, or 3 for GU (over 3X as often as Corey). No argument about the handles MickMick.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post

actually this is my narrative said another way, his decision making on when to go, when to shoot, when to pass and move, etc.

more decision making than handle to me tho; the forcing it part you mention is my point too

thought his combine numbers revealed some challenges too for him

fun off season Saturday conversation

I say again, Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.

I'm hoping Norvell is a good fit wherever he gets drafted and gets a decent run in the NBA. Time will tell how he improves and pans out. Exciting times for the Zags. Everyone that gets his name called in the draft is a bonus for GU recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I say again, Van Vleet has a terrific handle, plays solid D and is a sound shooter who was the Shockers lead guard during its multiple year run in the top 10.
    Do you have a point or is it your normal attention seeking post?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post

Read the whole thread, Mr Bile.

Jazz’s post here is in reply to Goshazgit’s optimistic post suggesting Van Vleet, who went from undrafted to key player for 2019 NBA champs, is a possible career path for Norvell....as in, if ZN doesn’t get drafted it doesn’t mean he won’t make it in the NBA. Jazz makes valid point that the undrafted Van Vleet was actually a much more accomplished NCAA player than Norvell. Pretty valid point imo.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Vandal don’t read too much.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Jazz’s post here is in reply to Goshazgit’s optimistic post suggesting Van Vleet, who went from undrafted to key player for 2019 NBA champs, is a possible career path for Norvell....as in, if ZN doesn’t get drafted it doesn’t mean he won’t make it in the NBA. Jazz makes valid point that the undrafted Van Vleet was actually a much more accomplished NCAA player than Norvell. Pretty valid point imo.

The Devils in Snax’s ear!!! Love the kid Anyway,)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Vandal don’t read too much.
    You posted the same thing twice, without the making any direct connection to the original quote who said the Van Fleet was an example of somebody getting an opportunity and making the best of it. Obviously Van Fleet's College accomplishments meant nothing to the NBA since he did not get drafted. So why do you post the same thing twice? Goshzagit referred to the situation not comparing college resumes. But that would not fit your snarky narrative would it.
    I know you are upset that Zach left early and you will not be able to target him with your zippy nicknames, but you must know he did not mean any personal harm to you with his decision to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. Any Zag fan should be jumping up and down rooting for his success in the NBA, because Zach being drafted and playing in the league only enhances the staffs ability to recruit high level talent.
    On another note have you picked out who will be the target of your special brand of fan support next year?Any hints at your super cool nicknames for next year?

Originally Posted by jazzdelmar: Vandal don’t read too much.

You posted the same thing twice, without the making any direct connection to the original quote who said that Van Fleet was an example of somebody getting an opportunity and making the best of it. Obviously Van Fleet's College accomplishments meant nothing to the NBA since he did not get drafted. So why do you post the same thing twice? Goshzagit referred to the situation not comparing college resumes. But that would not fit your snarky narrative would it?
    I know you are upset that Zach left early and you will not be able to target him with your zippy nicknames, but you must know he did not mean any personal harm to you with his decision to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. Any Zag fan should be jumping up and down rooting for his success in the NBA, because Zach being drafted and playing in the league only enhances the staffs ability to recruit high level talent.
    On another note have you picked out who will be the target of your special brand of fan support next year?Any hints at your super cool nicknames for next year?
    +10,000 --- I, too, am super tired of such arrogance. Constructive observations about basketball are worthwhile, but IMHO his attacks and childish taunts are totally unwarranted on this board.