• Show
Clear All
  • 509er
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by meadgrad02 View Post
    Totally ridiculous. Awful.

That game deserves the students.
    I was 99% sure it was going to go down like this.

1. I doubt NC would have agreed to play in front of the students. They already play a ton of tough toad games in the ACC.

2. GU will make a ton of cash.

Comment

• Norwester
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by 509er View Post

2. GU will make a ton of cash.
      How so?

Comment

• slickguser
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
        each home game is when students are away,
        sounds fair to me ...
        I agree. While is does seem unfair to both student bodies, this year and last, at least it is reciprocal.

Comment

• jbslicer
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Norwester View Post
          The game at UNC last year (12/15) was after their finals and when their students were on break.
          There were two student sections for the game. One was behind the GU bench and other was behind the UNC second half basket.
          ESPN drives the bus.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
            There were two student sections for the game. One was behind the GU bench and other was behind the UNC second half basket.
            ESPN drives the bus.
            correct we had seats adjacent to the student section behind basket and they were crazy
            The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• ConnZag3
              Kennel Club Material
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
              12/7, isn't that the date for the game at Texas A&M?

TX and TAMU are playing on 12/8.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- I seriously doubt that gu caved into any unc request, its just a matter of availability of dates and travel considerations
                - plus fair is fair, since their student body was on Christmas break as well.

- gu student/fans get to see many games, I'm not going to lose sleep over them missing a marquee game a couple 2-3 times over 4 years.
                - the flip side is gu alum (myself) and gu fans (me again) have the opportunity to see a game. we count for something to the university as well.

- I was glad to see no comments thus far about how with no kennel club it will hurt our chances of winning. that is not to say the kennel club isn't a boost to the team, we can all acknowledge the advantages of a loud supporting crowd. but I checked the teams win loss record for the past 10 seasons, home games from December 15 to January 15 (approximate yearly Christmas break), and that is 43-1.
                - the sole loss was to byu in 2015-16 season, a one point loss.

Comment

• soccerdud
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jul 2009

How so?
                  well, they'll be selling more tickets to the public, rather than giving them to students. and it seems logical to assume that those people will spend significantly more on concessions and souvenirs than the students would have.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ConnZag3 View Post
                    Thanks!

Comment

• spike_jr
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                      - I seriously doubt that gu caved into any unc request, its just a matter of availability of dates and travel considerations
                      - plus fair is fair, since their student body was on Christmas break as well.

- gu student/fans get to see many games, I'm not going to lose sleep over them missing a marquee game a couple 2-3 times over 4 years.
                      - the flip side is gu alum (myself) and gu fans (me again) have the opportunity to see a game. we count for something to the university as well.

- I was glad to see no comments thus far about how with no kennel club it will hurt our chances of winning. that is not to say the kennel club isn't a boost to the team, we can all acknowledge the advantages of a loud supporting crowd. but I checked the teams win loss record for the past 10 seasons, home games from December 15 to January 15 (approximate yearly Christmas break), and that is 43-1.
                      - the sole loss was to byu in 2015-16 season, a one point loss.
                      And now check who those visiting teams were. I will be willing to bet there were a whole lot of San Jose/TX Southern/WCC types and not too many UNC types. The kennel club would definitely provide an advantage.

I'm more disappointed that it isn't another Saturday game like we had at their place rather than a Wednesday evening/night game (although a later start time may also give GU a little advantage).

Comment

• Norwester
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
                        well, they'll be selling more tickets to the public, rather than giving them to students. and it seems logical to assume that those people will spend significantly more on concessions and souvenirs than the students would have.
                        I expect the Kennel Club to use extraordinary measures to have as many of their members in place as possible. Same with the cheerleaders and the band. There is plenty of time to plan and be creative.

I still don't see how this is going to be incredibly profitable to the athletic department, and knowing how much our players and coaches appreciate the difference the Kennel Club makes me all the more confident that this was the best possible outcome given both sides' scheduling constraints.

Comment

• 509er
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Mar 2017

How so?
                          Selling tickets that normally go to students. I’m not sure if they use supply and demand for pricing these but if they do they’ll make a bundle. I’m sure they could get at least $150/ticket if they go that route.

Comment

• tummydoc
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

They dont use supply side economics. The UNC tickets will be priced same as Montana or EWU. $25 nosebleed, $40 in student section, 65 if first 3 rows. But seats will be limited.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                              They dont use supply side economics. The UNC tickets will be priced same as Montana or EWU. $25 nosebleed, $40 in student section, 65 if first 3 rows. But seats will be limited.
                              If you can get them from the ticket office. I'm sure the greatest availability will be on reseller sites where season ticket holders will be looking to recoup their season ticket costs.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X