Thread: Six schools under investigation. More to follow.

Default Six schools under investigation. More to follow.

Apologies if this has been posted previously. Arizona will probably not go unscathed.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...caa-violations

Maybe we told DT, hey, there’s one guy we gotta wait to reach out to before we hand you the keys.

Nico Mannion. If it really is early July that Arizona gets hammered with a postseason ban, that’s not long to wait.

The reward would be huge. I guarantee he has a one and done mindset, and Nico followed by Jalen would be incredible.

There’s not another top 10 team in the country with an opening at PG. and we’re on the west coast.

glad to see the wheels of justice moving
    its not fair for teams who do not payoff recruits must compete against teams that do, and call it legal or fair.
    if you are a person who thinks this type of bribery is human nature, universal, etc. then the proper way to restructure NCAA recruiting would let all the schools compete in offering money to recruits.
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 06-13-2019 at 07:26 PM.

"Those top coaches that were mentioned in the trials where the information shows what was being said was a violation of NCAA rules, yes. They will be all part of these notices of allegations," Wilcox told CBS Sports.
    I would think this quote alone from NCAA VP of Regulatory Affairs, Stan Wilcox, would be enough to get incoming recruits to ask out of their commitment and be released to go elsewhere....unless of course they’ve already been paid to go there and think it would be, paradoxically, dishonest to do so.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    glad to see the wheels of justice moving
    its not fair for teams who do not payoff recruits must compete against teams that do, and call it legal or fair.
    if you are a person for whom this type of bribery is human nature, universal, etc. then the proper way to restructure NCAA recruiting would let all the schools compete in offering money to recruits.
    Thanks for finding and posting this; however, I wouldn't get your hopes up that the NCAA is going to do the "right thing" here "IF" they find wrong doing.

Almost all of the schools mentioned are upper tier P5 schools and IMO it's unlikely that the NCAA is going to punish any of these schools in a manner befitting past violations...Pacific was hit hard and SMC was also hit for their violation but these schools make big time money for their conferences.

I'll bet each of the schools, again "IF" there is a chance the NCAA finds violations, will reduce scholarships as well as remove themselves from the Dance this coming year. The NCAA will say ok, just don't do it again and will walk away and forget about the incident altogether...The NCAA and TV Networks want to put this to bed as soon as possible.

"IF" these schools are found to have committed Level 1 violations, then they could be put on probation, lose scholarships, forfeit TV time and possibly more BUT then each of the players could transfer to any other school and be immediately eligible...THIS is what the schools don't want to happen and the NCAA knows this could significantly hurt each of these programs and reduce conference TV income for years to come.

We all saw what happened to UNC for having 20+ years of academic violations, which is why I don't see anything major happening to any of these schools "IF" they were found to have committed Level 1 violations...Just too much financial pressure from TV & Alum involved for the NCAA to "Do the Right Thing..." IMO...

I agree with the above poster. To many big boys, to much money involved. I doubt they will even get a one year tournament ban. Like I said, to much money involved. North Carolina case should have shown everyone, the big boys are above the ncaa law. Look at what they did to BYU for $5000, and I seriously doubt they do anything to Arizona for their supposed $150,000 donation to Ayton.

I am under the impression that the NCAA investigations would start when the FBI/US Attorney criminal trials were over ?....

This is the proper venue to investigate these alleged violations imo….. the NCAA can and should punish the schools/coaches for braking the rules …

the North Carolina case shook my confidence in the NCAA but there is no evidence that they take Conference affiliation into account when investigating or assigning penalties ….according to the study by Temple University... so we shall see..

Much ado........ Look for a quick inquiry and a late August Friday announcement that there’s nothing there, time to move on. The NCAA is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Much ado........ Look for a quick inquiry and a late August Friday announcement that there’s nothing there, time to move on. The NCAA is a joke.
    I'd love to say you are wrong about this... but don't see it happening. I'm with you... this will probably get the UNC cheating scandal treatment.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

If they let these level one violations go with a slap on the wrist, then Pacific, SMC, and the WCC should sue the NCAA.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    If they let these level one violations go with a slap on the wrist, then Pacific, SMC, and the WCC should sue the NCAA.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    +1
    + another one.

It "may" be interesting to see if new recruits stick with Arizona if they get punished for their "alleged" violations. Sean Miller thought he was on the phone ordering food from "Grub Hub."

Then again, do you want recruits who committed to Arizona in spite knowing of all of the alleged violations and possible consequences?

SMC was hard after UNR transfer JORDAN Brown (GU had offered also?) who supposedly narrowed his choices to the Arizona's, one other and the Gaels. JORDAN Brown picked Arizona a couple of days ago. I was hoping.

My guess is that The School Most Likely to be Censured by the NCAA is Creighton.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    My guess is that The School Most Likely to be Censured by the NCAA is Creighton.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Yeah... not blue-blooded enough... they'll get the full-force while everyone else skates.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

My thoughts,

IMO UNC was a totally separate issue was taken advantage of not only athletes but also the general student population. UNC claimed it was an academic issue, not a student athlete issue so it made it easy for the NCAA to ignore, rightly or wrongly. The NCAA never indicated there was any violations, just that they were going to investigate.

This current issue specifically contradicts the "student athlete" image that the NCAA continues to try and maintain. In this case (according to the article) Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports on Wednesday

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward, and you'll see consequences."

I am hopeful that you will see some significant penalties come out of this. Other than Kansas, I don't think the NCAA has any problem significantly penalizing any of the nine (9) teams listed in the article above and beyond Kansas. Keep the cream of the crop in the ACC, Big-10, SEC in tact and smack the others giving the impression, that if the blue bloods don't get their house in order it could happen to them.

At least we can dream, that the NCAA would be fair about things, but based on past performance...…..

San Francisco better watch out.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    My thoughts,

IMO UNC was a totally separate issue was taken advantage of not only athletes but also the general student population. UNC claimed it was an academic issue, not a student athlete issue so it made it easy for the NCAA to ignore, rightly or wrongly. The NCAA never indicated there was any violations, just that they were going to investigate.

This current issue specifically contradicts the "student athlete" image that the NCAA continues to try and maintain. In this case (according to the article) Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports on Wednesday

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward, and you'll see consequences."

I am hopeful that you will see some significant penalties come out of this. Other than Kansas, I don't think the NCAA has any problem significantly penalizing any of the nine (9) teams listed in the article above and beyond Kansas. Keep the cream of the crop in the ACC, Big-10, SEC in tact and smack the others giving the impression, that if the blue bloods don't get their house in order it could happen to them.

At least we can dream, that the NCAA would be fair about things, but based on past performance...…..

San Francisco better watch out.

ZagDad
    We can also dream that the new press spokesman for the NCAA is Agent Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    + another one.

It "may" be interesting to see if new recruits stick with Arizona if they get punished for their "alleged" violations. Sean Miller thought he was on the phone ordering food from "Grub Hub."

Then again, do you want recruits who committed to Arizona in spite knowing of all of the alleged violations and possible consequences?

SMC was hard after UNR transfer JORDAN Brown (GU had offered also?) who supposedly narrowed his choices to the Arizona's, one other and the Gaels. JORDAN Brown picked Arizona a couple of days ago. I was hoping.
    Gonzaga recruited Jordan Brown for a period when he was in high school but dropped him. He could go 50/50 ND. A redshirt year might work wonders for him and turn him into the player that many projected him to be. Or he could go the other way, and end up at some D-2 school. I personally feel he should've chosen St. Mary's. The family is not that far away from Moraga, and Randy and his staff do an excellent job at player development.

No team is going to have anything happen that really matters in the big picture. At least not any team that is a blue blood or main program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Gonzaga recruited Jordan Brown for a period when he was in high school but dropped him. He could go 50/50 ND. A redshirt year might work wonders for him and turn him into the player that many projected him to be. Or he could go the other way, and end up at some D-2 school. I personally feel he should've chosen St. Mary's. The family is not that far away from Moraga, and Randy and his staff do an excellent job at player development.
    As someone who doesn't know anything about his situation, other than doing more with less than so many other teams do every year, I expect some Pac-12 school to nab Randy every off-season.

I wonder if Brandon Williams has ever given a thought to where his career would be now if he had not re-chosen AZ and Sean Miller. I do hope the best for him, I just wonder if he has ever given it a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I wonder if Brandon Williams has ever given a thought to where his career would be now if he had not re-chosen AZ and Sean Miller. I do hope the best for him, I just wonder if he has ever given it a thought.
    If Caldwellzag is correct, then Brandon will find out soon enough about where he WISHED he would be playing next season...