Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invited to the Green Room for 2019 NBA draft

I belong to PETA......horse racing is a moral outrage, especially at Santa Anita....

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Except for the first 3 picks, I think the other teams are sending out false signals as to who they want. Rui at 20? LOL, that will be seen as a steal a few years down the road, much like Giannis falling to the Bucks.
    Rui seems like he'll be a GREAT pick for whoever gets him at any spot outside top 3-4. He brings so much more than talent and upside. He will tap into a rich market that will pay for his salary on merchandising sales alone (maybe a slight hyperbole on that one). Not to mention the boost in ticket sales that he will generate with Japanese market. Ichiro did it here in Seattle market and we already had a glimpse of what it looked like while Rui was at GU.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Like it or not... it is part of branding for the player. Their agents want them to be there. That picture on the stage is a great image builder.

I for one am very happy for them... and love the fact that they get to be there... not many do get to be there.
    It's wonderful.

And there is nothing wrong with an agent wanting to brand them with that. One would be negligent if one didn't pursue that option.

Being on the stage at the draft equates to being on the "stage" of the court as a first year player, budding star.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Caught the tail end of an interview with Bilas on ESPN last night. Not sure of the context, but they were showing Rui highlights & Jay was saying he was a "potential" NBA All-Star.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

I’m actually pretty excited for NBA Draft tomorrow night. A first thanks to BC and Rui. Hope they both go top 12. I actually think both WILL get picked higher than predicted.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I think a lot of times guys get moved up, or down in this case, just to keep people clicking on their mock drafts. I've seem Rui in a lot of 16-20 spots recently and I don't think he gets past the Hawks if they keep both picks. As for Clarke, I think he is a good fit with Minnesota and I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the top 15 picks. I am thinking he probably goes in the 9-12 area.

Very good article about BC and his unique path to the NBA draft posted on The Athletic today.

This quote from a different article about the Celtics is good example of why I think The Athletic has best sports writing out there:

They have no obvious Horford succession plan. Robert Williams showed some high-flying potential as a rookie but remains a stick figure in a league of mature art.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I think a lot of times guys get moved up, or down in this case, just to keep people clicking on their mock drafts. I've seem Rui in a lot of 16-20 spots recently and I don't think he gets past the Hawks if they keep both picks. As for Clarke, I think he is a good fit with Minnesota and I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the top 15 picks. I am thinking he probably goes in the 9-12 area.
    If one is going to buy on the "trend" they simply can't do better than Rui.

Rui seemed to be a different player every year for GU, bc of his explosive potential finally all clicking.

I would expect that trajectory to continue on an NBA team where he can concentrate on learning basketball "at work" and coached up by a very solid and large team of experts.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Japanese fan

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    Please don't forget us, Skimhvn, once your brother, our brother, turns the corner.

You have brought so much to this forum, a perspective most of us could never have. Blessed be you and your family...

Go ZAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by DADoZAG View Post
    Please don't forget us, Skimhvn, once your brother, our brother, turns the corner.

You have brought so much to this forum, a perspective most of us could never have. Blessed be you and your family...

Go ZAGS!
    I've had fun from Zag as well, looking forward to next year Zag too!
    Japanese fan

Quote Originally Posted by Skimhvn View Post
    I've had fun from Zag as well, looking forward to next year Zag too!
    Yes, your thoughts and posts are going to always be appreciated. Shows us that Zag heart lives forever.

It was great seeing that the two Zags stay tight, too. Lots of guys to sit down with, yet each of our guys sat with his brother.
    Mark Twain.