Thread: Highly Recommended: WarrenNolan.com's NET rankings site

Default Highly Recommended: WarrenNolan.com's NET rankings site

http://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/net

This site doesn't just give you the rankings (GU is at #3 today), but the best part is the nitty gritty report and team sheets which not only show how many quad 1 wins a team has, how many quad 2 wins a teams has, but it also explains what whole quad business is about. For example:

Quadrant 1 (Q1): Home (1-30) Neutral (1-50) Away (1-75)
    Quadrant 2 (Q2): Home (31-75) Neutral (51-100) Away (76-135)
    Quadrant 3 (Q3): Home (76-160) Neutral (101-200) Away (136-240)
    Quadrant 4 (Q4): Home (161-353) Neutral (201-353) Away (241-353)
    The nitty gritty team report shows you, for example, that GU's win at Washington is still considered a quad 1 win because it was a genuine road game against a Husky team that is #56 in the NET. During Few's interview with Rothstein this week the coach spoke about the importance of the USF win. It's not just a win. USF has a NET of #100. Because it was a true road game, it gave GU a quad 2 win. GU has these opportunities (as of TODAY) to get these quad 1 and quad 2 wins:

St. Marys = possible quad 1 road win
    Pepperdine = possible quad 2 road win
    BYU = possible quad 1 road win
    St. Mary's = possible quad 2 home win

However, St. Mary's is sitting at #33 in the NET. They could easily turn into a possible quad 1 home win.

This, of course, doesn't consider the WCC tourney, where the Zags figure to only play two games. They will likely have the chance to pick up another quad 1 neutral win, and possibly a quad 2 neutral (say, against a team like USF).

Compare all this with SDSU, who is considered GU's top competitor for a #1 seed in the west. As it stands right now, the Aztecs have no chance (even at the MWC tourney) to collect anymore quad one wins. They have some quad 2 possibilities:

at BSU = possible quad 2 road win
    at Nevada = possible quad 2 road win

They have no possible quad 2 home wins left. For the MWC tourney in Vegas, the best that SDSU can expect is a possible quad 2 neutral win against Utah State (who is #53 in the NET today). If the Aggies get below 50, then it becomes a possible quad 1 neutral win.

(Note that when I say something is a possible quad 1 home win, a possible quad 2 road win, and a possible quad 1 neutral win...….they all mean the same thing. A quad 1 win at home matters as much as a quad 1 win on the road).

It is for these reasons why one bracketologist I know feels that Gonzaga could lose at St. Mary's, for instance, but win all their remaining games, but if SDSU even drops one game, Gonzaga will be the #1 seed in the west. The Aztecs just don't have the resume.

BTW - The WCC is #9 in the NET, and is just BARELY behind the A-10. The MWC is at #10, and the WCC is WAY ahead of them.

Thank you for the analysis .. I believe the announcers alluded to this same thing during the LMU game last night (the fact that GU has more opportunities to build resume than does SDSU).

https://bracketologists.com/ is also very nice.

Has much of the same data and an interesting "net bracket".

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Thank you for the analysis .. I believe the announcers alluded to this same thing during the LMU game last night (the fact that GU has more opportunities to build resume than does SDSU).
    I thought Seth Davis was remarkably down the middle last night, noting what it's like for the Zags when we have a conference road game. For example:

Zags @ USD - attendance 4549
    SMC @USD - 1713
    USF @ USD - 1642

Zags @ LMU - 3534
    SMC @ LMU - 1437
    Pepp @ LMU - 1427

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I thought Seth Davis was remarkably down the middle last night, noting what it's like for the Zags when we have a conference road game. For example:

Zags @ USD - attendance 4549
    SMC @USD - 1713
    USF @ USD - 1642

Zags @ LMU - 3534
    SMC @ LMU - 1437
    Pepp @ LMU - 1427
    Zags have the same effect at UNC and UW as well. It doesn’t matter where they go on the road, they are a marquee attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Zags have the same effect at UNC and UW as well. It doesn’t matter where they go on the road, they are a marquee attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know that from personal experience: OK State, K State ("neutral site" Wichita), Memphis, Creighton, College Station, and Nashville (another "neutral" site).

Link from the OP has been added to our "library" here:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ats-Blogs-More

Thanks, CDC