Brooks Koepka
    Jordan Spieth
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Phil
    Matt Kuchar
    Dustin Johnson
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

Those are pretty good picks JB...….Rory just shot 61 to win.....Koepka is for real and finally people are realizing it....and Spieth is getting his confidence back.....

Back in the 60s the first time I played Pebble Beach..... after watching the Crosby...... and after 7 holes I was 1 over with a bogy on 6 of all things.... then I hit my drive on 8 and when I got to my ball there was a Come to Jesus Moment....I was 11 over on the rest of the holes.... in perfect weather....

The third shot on 14 is pretty much impossible...it you hit the green you are likely to go out of bounds....over the years I learned to hit it to the right of the front bunker and either have a chip and run or a lag putt for a possible par....or not....

The modern pros will be 12 under if the weather is good and the greens are fair....the course plays counter clockwise and favors a fade as Trevino once said....you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen...

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Koepka... is playing solid golf right now.
        Tiger... got a feeling Master's wasn't a fluke and Memorial run showed signs of old Tiger
        Fowler... look no other reason other than I just want the kid to finally win a big one.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• mtzaga
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Brooks Koepka
          Patrick Cantlay
          Justin Rose

Every time Joe Buck says "what a shot"...take a drink.

Comment

• former1dog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Look, I know in golf all of these guys earn it. You can’t be a good or even mediocre pro golfer without really paying your dues under pressure.

That said, I actively root against Brooks Koepka. He just seems like one of those entitled jocks you remember from high school and I think he comes across as an A1 a-hole.

He’s probably a nice kid, but I haven’t seen it.

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Bart,

What were the green fees in the 60’s?

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                Bart,

What were the green fees in the 60’s?

$50 for 18 plus you had to have a 15 handicap and hire a caddy or rent a cart.....I got to play it in 82 just before the open and they let us play without a cart or caddy ….back then you could buy a yearly pass at a public course in Eastern Washington for $100.....

The game is still on at # 8 but I see they modified the greens on 13 and 14 to make them playable....the most difficult green is on one....they changed #2 from a par 5 to a par 4 …...also rebuilt #4 and #5 (very difficult)…. put the ocean in play on 6......moved the tee back across the road on 17 and added some 5 or 6 hundred yards to the course including about 70 or so to 18....

The greens are very small so you seldom 3 putt....but Rose only took 22 putts in 18 holes …. amazing...that is the equivalent of 14 under par on the greens...

Comment

• jbslicer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Gary Woodland becomes the first US Open winner to have played basketball in Allen Fieldhouse. ��������

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                    Look, I know in golf all of these guys earn it. You can’t be a good or even mediocre pro golfer without really paying your dues under pressure.

That said, I actively root against Brooks Koepka. He just seems like one of those entitled jocks you remember from high school and I think he comes across as an A1 a-hole.

He’s probably a nice kid, but I haven’t seen it.
                    Not so sure about that. Brooks came up through a non-traditional, via sub-top level tour, and excelled. Yeah, he comes from money in some ways, but it wasn't like his PGA career was just handed to him
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Green fees at PB now are about $700 …..with a caddy and a tip...

I caddied for a few years after I retired.....on the LPGA Tour....most women professionals are nice and friendly and polite....most of the PGA players I met were spoiled country club brats....not all...most...

The fairway metal over the bunker on 14 and the pitch off the green at 17 were very very brave especially on the back nine in the final round of the US Open....Woodland deserved to win and he broke Tigers 12 under record...

Comment

Working...
                      X