Thread: June 6, 2019. ESPN Top 25: Zags at 7.

Default June 6, 2019. ESPN Top 25: Zags at 7.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...top-25-2019-20

With all the grumbles around the board, this new ranking list may have been overlooked. 5 months to go till tip. ESPN thinks we've dropped a position. As best I can tell we have 3 Top 100 Bigs coming in. With Corey, Tillie and Petusev coming back, we're in good shape. Adding Brock and Adnon…..only solidifies our position. I think we're 1 guard away from Top 5. Few's biggest challenge won't be acquiring more talent. I'm thinking it'll be how these present talent meshes as a team. Lots to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post

With all the grumbles around the board, this new ranking list may have been overlooked. 5 months to go till tip. ESPN thinks we've dropped a position. As best I can tell we have 3 Top 100 Bigs coming in. With Corey, Tillie and Petusev coming back, we're in good shape. Adding Brock and Adnon…..only solidifies our position. I think we're 1 guard away from Top 5. Few's biggest challenge won't be acquiring more talent. I'm thinking it'll be how these present talent meshes as a team. Lots to look forward to.
    Agree Doc, "meshing" I think will be the key to our early success this season...with a front loaded schedule the kids will have to learn to offence as well as adjust to the speed and defence of D1 bball for GU to realize success...

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post

Admon Gilder is a great addition but I don’t think Zags current roster merits Top 10 preseason ranking. A fantastic front court without high quality backcourt to feed the bigs and play lockdown D and keep the defense honest by knocking down 3’s is not what I think of as Top Ten team.

Either Ravet is really special, Ayayi has given coaches reason to believe he can play substantial role in the backcourt this season, or there is an incoming immediately eligible PG we just don’t have official word about. Lacking some such scenario, I am not drinking the kool-aid just yet.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Admon Gilder is a great addition but I don’t think Zags current roster merits Top 10 preseason ranking. A fantastic front court without high quality backcourt to feed the bigs and play lockdown D and keep the defense honest by knocking down 3’s is not what I think of as Top Ten team.

Either Ravet is really special, Ayayi has given coaches reason to believe he can play substantial role in the backcourt this season, or there is an incoming immediately eligible PG we just don’t have official word about. Lacking some such scenario, I am not drinking the kool-aid just yet.
    Nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag .... but I'm thinking "there is an incoming immediately eligible PG we just don't have official word about"

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag .... but I'm thinking "there is an incoming immediately eligible PG we just don't have official word about"
    As usual, GoZags continues to pick my interests. I won't be able to rest well until we find out who THAT is!

I agree with this ranking. There is more to this team than many fan HERE believe.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    As usual, GoZags continues to pick my interests. I won't be able to rest well until we find out who THAT is!

I agree with this ranking. There is more to this team than many fan HERE believe.

Go Zags!!!
    I thought it's Derryck Thornton and we're just waiting for him to make an official announcement.....right?

Zach Braziller, sports reporter for the New York Post, Tweeted yesterday that he was told that it's unlikely Derryck Thornton would visit St John`s like was originally the plan. I thought that had to be a great sign for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan101 View Post
    I thought it's Derryck Thornton and we're just waiting for him to make an official announcement.....right?

Zach Braziller, sports reporter for the New York Post, Tweeted yesterday that he was told that it's unlikely Derryck Thornton would visit St John`s like was originally the plan. I thought that had to be a great sign for us.
    That’s an interesting development.