Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN sees Rui going 12th and Brandon going 13th

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    Why did Hachimura go 9 and Clarke 21 when many prognosticators predicted 12 and 13 respectively??? I think its because of their upside and Hachimura's was higher. Are they right???? Are there any statistics on this. IE Drafting on their upside.
    On Sportscenter, SVP was discussing how the draft was odd this year in regards to player evaluation being all across the board for the different teams. Nassir Little went way later than they thought, Memphis was stoked to see Clarke fall as far as he did, and some teams had Rui ranked in the 20s.

Although they play different positions, I think Clarke has Andre Iguodala-type upside. This obviously depends on him developing an outside shot, but I think Clarke can defend a SF without problems, and may be one of the few guys who could actually challenge a James Harden step back (if there is such a thing) and also stick with him off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    Why did Hachimura go 9 and Clarke 21 when many prognosticators predicted 12 and 13 respectively??? I think its because of their upside and Hachimura's was higher. Are they right???? Are there any statistics on this. IE Drafting on their upside.
    The general consensus in DC media is that while Rui didn't have the highest ceiling of available players, he had a higher floor. Wizards were more interested in stability and consistency than super star potential. They got two mature, stable players in Rui and Schofield.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Couldn't agree with you more. He has the highest PER of any collegiate other than Zion. PER is weighted more to offense and Clarke is a superb defender.

Both tremendous character young men.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    The general consensus in DC media is that while Rui didn't have the highest ceiling of available players, he had a higher floor. Wizards were more interested in stability and consistency than super star potential. They got two mature, stable players in Rui and Schofield.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk