Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN sees Rui going 12th and Brandon going 13th

Default ESPN sees Rui going 12th and Brandon going 13th

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

We might not have 3 of the first 10 like Duke, but after that we are well represented.

Norvell 67

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Norvell 67
    I've seen other mock drafts where Zach is around 40.

in case you didn't click on name

RUI

Pre-Draft Analysis

Strengths
    - Elite physical profile for a modern forward with a chiseled, powerful 234-pound frame, long arms and huge hands. Finishes through contact, converting 25 and-1s through 37 games. Generated 7.9 free throws per 40 minutes last season. Can finish above the rim in space thanks to his length and hand size.
    - Mismatch scorer who can take more traditional bigs onto the perimeter and wings onto the block. Shot a career-best 41.7 percent from 3 on 36 attempts as a junior. At his best pulling up for mid-range jumpers. Can attack in a straight line with physicality. Quick and powerful in the mid-post.
    - Has the tools to be a sound defender given his length, agility and overall size. High-intangible prospect noted for his work ethic and eagerness to learn. Still has untapped potential despite his age. Can his perimeter game blossom with more freedom and space in the NBA?

Improvement areas
    - Mediocre feel for the game. Finished with more turnovers than assists every season at Gonzaga. Head-down ball-handler who misses open teammates. Predetermined with his moves. Had a 73.0 true shooting percentage (TS%) against losing teams and a 61.7 TS% against winning teams.
    - Reluctant 3-point shooter. Shoots a flat ball with his hand on top at times. Although he has good touch inside the arc and has improved throughout the pre-draft process, there are no guarantees that his jumper is totally projectable in live action. Took more pull-ups than catch-and-shoot jumpers as a junior. Career 30.9 percent from 3 on 162 attempts.

- Not the defender his tools suggest. Upright in his stance on the perimeter. Struggled to keep wings and guards in front during the season. Off-ball instincts have room to improve.

Brandon

Pre-Draft Analysis

Strengths
    - Pogo-stick athlete who finishes everything around the rim. Lob and tip-dunk threat. No. 1 finisher in college basketball in the half court (minimum 175 attempts), converting 74.3 percent of his shots at the rim. Has touch on floaters as well. Uses his leaping ability and high motor to have an impact on the offensive glass (4.4 offensive rebounds per 40).

- Versatile defender who can switch onto the perimeter and rim-protect despite his sub-par length. Picture-perfect verticality technique. Outstanding timing and instincts with quick-leaping ability. Ranks third in ESPN's Top 100 in block percentage (10.8). Blocks 4.3 shots per 40 minutes. Shot-blocking allows him to play the 5 in small-ball lineups, which is his most advantageous position offensively. Quick feet on the perimeter. Looked comfortable stepping out and defending guards like Jarrett Culver for stretches. Perfect defensive fit in the modern NBA.

- Solid offensive feel for the game. Can facilitate from the elbows. Savvy interior passer. Embraces his role. Plays a super efficient brand of basketball. Shows some potential as a jump shooter despite low volume (his 69.4 percent from the free throw line is encouraging).

Improvement areas
    - Doesn't possess elite physical tools for a modern 4/5 at 6-foot-8 with narrow shoulders, short arms and small hands. Lacks a degree of physical upside at age 22.6. Upright runner with choppy steps. Can he handle the league's jumbo bigs when he's at center?

- Offensive game is better suited for the center spot, because he doesn't space the floor as a shooter or handle the ball that cleanly. Shoots on the way down in mid-range spots. Has taken only 25 career 3s in 2,631 minutes. Upright with the ball in his hands. Predictable off the bounce, too often driving hard left and trying to spin back right.

- Lacks a degree of fundamentals defensively. Upright in his stance. Gets by on instincts and athletic gifts at this stage.

Word on the street is Zach will go early to mid second round.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Word on the street is Zach will go early to mid second round.
    Atlanta has him marked for 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Atlanta has him marked for 2nd round.
    Atlanta has three picks in round two, 35, 41 and 44. I'm curious to see how high they rate him.

ESPN has Atlanta with three picks in the 1st round too. I don't recall the Hawks having 3 1st rounders.

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/rounds

3. Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
    Norlander's mock draft projection: No. 10

Recruiting ranking: Unranked in Class of 2015

As a high schooler: "Was a bit of a mystery coming out of high school, primarily due to injury. No one on the 247Sports staff saw him play. He was out for a good stretch of two years early in his career, and then San Jose State ended up offering based on a post-injury workout. They were his only offer at the time. Clarke ended up playing his senior season, but didn't draw much attention. San Jose State knew they were getting a really good athlete, but they also saw him as a project because of how raw he was and his limited offensive skill. They took a flyer on him, developed him and by his sophomore season he was averaging 17.5 points and 8.9 rebounds a game." — Daniels

What changed: Clarke started his career in total obscurity at SJSU. He was a pedestrian freshman, then popped for 17.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.6 bpg and 2.3 apg as a sophomore. When his coach resigned, Clarke left. Gonzaga, a program known for improving the careers of transfers, coveted him and turned him into a pro. But at the time, there was no delusion of grandeur for Clarke or the Zags' staff.

"We did not think of him as that," Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. "I don't think we spent a lot of time thinking about the NBA. At that point he was a remarkable athlete but the skill, we were worried about the shooting. It was really limited. But to his credit, by the time he got to Gonzaga for his redshirt year, he'd made a huge jump from all the tape we saw when he was at San Jose State. His last game was in March. By the time he was out our place in September he had already changed the fundamentals of his shot and all that. Once he started playing with us his redshirt year, we knew we had a high-level player and all conference-level player."

Clarke was also ridiculous in practices during his redshirt year and made significant advancement. He initially was assigned on scout teams to guard Johnathan Williams III, who was one of the better players in America as a senior.

"He had days in practice, I remember specifically several times making him not guard [Williams] because he had this uncanny ability to block his jump hook," Few said. "Not coming over on help from the side, but guarding him one-on-one. That's hard to. I was like, 'OK, you don't get to guard J3 anymore. This isn't realistic. There's not a guy in the NCAA who can do this."

Clarke would have been an unlikely draft pick had he stayed at SJSU, toiling at the bottom of the Mountain West. Instead, last season, Clarke became arguably the best defender in college basketball and showed why he was one of the 10 best athletes in the sport as well. Gonzaga's defense had never squeezed opponents to a slower tempo than last season, with Clarke at the center of the scheme. Combo that with his soft touch from 8-12 feet out, and he's a tantalizing prospect.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...chool-players/

ESPN did a pre draft special last night and did an hour long mock draft, didn't have Brandon in the first round...great "expert picks"

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    ESPN did a pre draft special last night and did an hour long mock draft, didn't have Brandon in the first round...great "expert picks"
    They had him going to the Celtics at #22. I had to watch it as I couldn't believe they didn't have him going in the first round. I don't see him lasting until that pick but to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    They had him going to the Celtics at #22. I had to watch it as I couldn't believe they didn't have him going in the first round. I don't see him lasting until that pick but to each their own I guess.
    Well that’s what I get for watching while sampling whiskeys

From what I saw fast forwarding on it, sampling whiskeys was the only way to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    From what I saw fast forwarding on it, sampling whiskeys was the only way to watch it.

I think Brandon has a very good chance of being a Celtic after seeing their money situation. Actually Brandon will fit in anywhere. Rock solid kid. Rui........have they ever set forth a money making campaign for him... two of the best kids we've ever had as a duo. I have to chuckle a bit though when Duke has 3 lottery kids and no title to show for it. We ose 4 talented kids. Few has a big job cut out for him. Go Zags...

NBA Draft

Verified account

@NBADraft
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    The fellas head from Media Day Social Circuit to @nbacares Packing Project & @jrnba Clinic at @BasketballCity in NYC! #NBADraft

https://twitter.com/NBADraft/status/1141416395961438209

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    NBA Draft

Verified account

@NBADraft
    4h4 hours ago
    More
    The fellas head from Media Day Social Circuit to @nbacares Packing Project & @jrnba Clinic at @BasketballCity in NYC! #NBADraft

https://twitter.com/NBADraft/status/1141416395961438209
    Rui is regal.

Dynamic duo: History awaits Gonzaga, Rui Hachimura, Brandon Clarke at NBA draft

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...i-hachimura-b/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Dynamic duo: History awaits Gonzaga, Rui Hachimura, Brandon Clarke at NBA draft

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...i-hachimura-b/
    There are Dreamers, there are Visionaries.

Dreamers can see a tomorrow, a concept of some form of Utopia.

Visionaries see today, and every step it takes to realize the Dreamer's tomorrow.

Thank you, Mr. Lloyd, for your Vision.

Go ZAGS!
    Last edited by DADoZAG; 06-19-2019 at 07:54 PM. Reason: because it's better

Brandon Clarke

Verified account

@brandonclarke23
    49s49 seconds ago
    More
    Finally the day has arrived. DRAFT DAY! Excited to see what the future holds ���������� @ New York City - Manhattan - Nyc https://www.instagram.com/p/By8LM2QB...=1wsawl505e1qs

yahoo sports has
    clark to minnesota 11
    rui to charlotte 12

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-dr...173034161.html

As long as one of them end up in Charlotte I’ll be happy.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Why did Hachimura go 9 and Clarke 21 when many prognosticators predicted 12 and 13 respectively??? I think its because of their upside and Hachimura's was higher. Are they right???? Are there any statistics on this. IE Drafting on their upside.

Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke.

Wow! What a show!
    I miss Mike Hart

Go get em Zags ---- going to be paying some attention to the NBA now.

Clarke was a steal at #21. I foresee some freezing cold takes on this one in a few years
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!