Thread: Ot. The beAt goes on

Default Ot. The beAt goes on

The beat goes on in Tucson.

Former McDonald's All-American Jordan Brown, who played the 2018-19 season for Nevada and entered the transfer portal in April, has committed to Arizona.

Brown announced his decision on Twitter.

"I want to begin by thanking the city of Reno for filling Lawlor every night and making it a great atmosphere for my first year of college," Brown wrote. "The love and support you showed us was something I'll never forget ... but with that being said, I would like to announce that I will be continuing my college career at the University of Arizona."

Brown, a 6-foot-10 power forward, was ranked No. 33 in the ESPN 100 for the 2018 class. He was the highest-ranked recruit to commit to Nevada since Luke Babbitt pledged in 2008. Arizona had been involved in his original recruitment, as was UCLA and California, but Brown chose the Wolf Pack.

He was a highly touted player coming in but didnt blow me away with what he did at Nevada. Granted he was behind some heavy hitters so will see what AZ can do with him.
    America's Team!

Had to imagine this withAz asst. last h being fined and given a small term away. Who is shielding the be higher ups? It’s just got too many kids (Ayto. And others) being looked at! It’s like Calipari in 2010 pure tell Teflon!!

Rule of thumb number one: never transfer to a school that stands higher in the pecking order than your original university. Even when NV struggled at times in MWC play, he still could not get off the pine. Well, he will get a redshirt year at Zona, but if it doesn't pan out, this is the end of the division one line for him. D-2 or NAIA after this. He should've gone to a school like Belmont (if they have a schoolie). Of course I say this and he'll score 22 in the Kennel in 2020.

Well...several impactful transfers to Gonzaga transferred from schools lower in the pecking order. So much for that theory. (Wesley, Mathews, NWG, probably more)

Brown didn't do much at Nevada, but too soon to give up on a kid after 1 season. Jeter rotted on the bench for 2 years at Duke and had a nice season at Arizona last year.