Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Foster Transferring

Default Greg Foster Transferring

From Jeff Goodman Twitter:

Gonzaga freshman guard Greg Foster will transfer, source told
    @Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    From Jeff Goodman Twitter:
    Wish him well. Great kid, nice family, improving player.

Hope he considers changing positions, I feel he could be an intriguing wing/slashing prospect with his handles, size, & athleticism.

Heard he's dead set on playing PG though.

No wonder we showed interest in Kerry Blackshear recently, as we have 2 open schollies now.

Makes PG position a touch thinner... but think he saw the writing on the wall that time on the court going forward was going to be limited with next two classes coming in. Locking up Thorton would help a ton.

Best of luck to the young Mr. Foster.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

A bit surprised at the timing as this could have been a show me year with us being so thin at PG....wish him the best wherever he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    A bit surprised at the timing as this could have been a show me year with us being so thin at PG....wish him the best wherever he lands.
    This could indicate that a certain incoming grad transfer is a done deal.

Best of luck,Greg. Always a Zag!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Knowing this, I’m a little surprised we didn’t grab David Jenkins even with having to sit out a year. Maybe his shooting doesn’t outweigh his defense.

Or maybe this is a great sign that Suggs and Kessler are looking promising for our last 2 open slots for 2020. If Petrusev stays for his Junior year, we would currently be all full with the addition of those 2 guys.

Best of luck to him -- hope he lands in a spot that works.

Best of luck Greg. Sorry it didn't work out for you; hope you find a spot that does. You come across as a very fine young man.

Once a Zag, always a Zag.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Spot on. He might be a contributor on a very low Division I team.
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 06-08-2019 at 05:04 AM.

I'm no expert, but he never appeared to be comfortable on the court during the few minutes he played, and all of them were at garbage time.

If he would have stayed, I think it's likely he would have been a contributor as a junior and senior, particularly if you threw in a redshirt year. Making the leap from HS to a top 10 Division I team is not an easy task.

I had hoped for his success, for him and his dad, who I saw play at UTEP for two seasons in the 80s.

Good luck, Greg.
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 06-08-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Best of luck. I always follow the players that have transfered out and most of them have had very solid careers at various mid major schools.

I wish him well. This was the year that was going to tell us if he was a rotation guy, and I was hoping to see him make a jump this year.

He looked to be very springy but a little bit mechanical as a freshman. I was hoping that was something that would improve as his game matured past his freshman year. It seems like he can make his skill-set and athletic talent work somewhere, especially if he learns to take advantage of his size/frame to create angles and get people off balance. He has some very good qualities and I look at it more like on of those, “It’s not you, it’s me” situations on Gonzaga’s end.

Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for the program, GU is aiming higher and has entered into that realm of courting not just good college players, but elite ones.
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 06-07-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Nothing but love for Foster. Great kid, maybe he does well elsewhere. Best of luck Greg
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Agreed. Best of luck, Mr. Foster. Hope your next stop is a good one. St. Mary’s? He was interested in them the first time, though they might be full on scholarships.
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 06-08-2019 at 05:07 AM.

He will be a terrific player where ever he goes. He needs to concentrate on the SF position though not PG as his body has moved past the guard position but clearly his heart is still set on the guard slot. I'm going to predict now that he will be our next Grant Gibbs type player when he lands. Good luck to you and you will always be a Zag no matter what school you transfer too!

Smile Always a Zag

God's blessings, Greg. Thanks for being a Zag. Hoping you land at a school that's a perfect fit. You seem like a great young man.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Wish him only the best I had hopes he would stick it out and be big contributor junior and senior year

Make your choice wisely young man and I as a fan will be keeping an eye on you and your progress
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Good luck Greg and hope you find a super place to play.

Has Jim Meehan's story been posted yet? http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ng-from-gonza/

Good kid, talent needs more time, great family. Best wishes to him. I fully expected him to be a slow grower but be great by his last year. Anyway, Good luck young feller!

I was going to make a thread June 1st, it was going to be called "Who Transfers out this Summer". Decided not to post it. I think we all saw this coming. I wish Foster all the best and hope he finds the perfect situation for him.

I think it is always sad when a Zags player makes the decision to move on and transfer. He will forever be part of the GU family regardless of what his thought process was in making the decision. It’s not easy competing on a perennial top ten team by any stretch.

Foster has a future in D1, just not at PG. Been saying/posting it since he was in HS.

Bulk up, and move to a wing hybrid. He has the attributes suited to it. He showed nice flashes of rebounding, slashing, explosive athleticism, length, 6'5" or 6'6" size, good defender, & just solid enough handles to be effective.

He considers himself a PG and always has...if he is set on it, props to him and hope he finds a good fit at his next home.

I feel he should get the slow but strong or too tall WR to TE move treatment...and find a niche as a dynamic wing prospect.

Good luck to Greg. I hope only the best for you. I'm sure you'll do well, just like so many Zags who have moved on to other schools. I think you do have talent, and definitely a great body for basketball. Stay positive. And I'm quite sure you will.

Go Zags!!!
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 06-08-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Best of luck Greg! I hope you find a great school to play for and enjoy the rest of your career.