Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Foster Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Good lord, you have to be at least 60 to know who their son, Ricky Nelson, was.
    ...Or if your first car in highschool had an old radio that was stuck on 101.1FM oldies station. That said, I was definitely more aware of the other Ozzy, Mr. Osborne, and am more familiar with his family than Harriet and Co.

Where all the combatants from the original thread? Any bans forthcoming?

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Garden party hit the charts in 72, if you never heard it your folks didnt play the radio in the car. You were 10.
    Yoko brought her walrus, there was magic in the air.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Where all the combatants from the original thread? Any bans forthcoming?
    Lost in Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Lost in Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.
    When will they ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Pete Seeger, Kingston Trio, then Peter, Paul & Mary. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    ...Or if your first car in highschool had an old radio that was stuck on 101.1FM oldies station. That said, I was definitely more aware of the other Ozzy, Mr. Osborne, and am more familiar with his family than Harriet and Co.
    FM 101.1??? I don't think car radios had FM capability in the 60's, my parents had a 1970 98 Olds and it only had AM and no 8-track either...

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Pete Seeger, Kingston Trio, then Peter, Paul & Mary. . .
    Well I need to mention Gonzaga's own....the Chad Mitchell Trio.....as I was in school with Chad and Mike and Mike.....they had a pretty nice run....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Well I need to mention Gonzaga's own....the Chad Mitchell Trio.....as I was in school with Chad and Mike and Mike.....they had a pretty nice run....
    Chad Mike and Mike reminded of Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl.

https://youtu.be/TN6UAzYY8qg

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Good lord, you have to be at least 60 to know who their son, Ricky Nelson, was.
    You must have stubbled across the 1959 movie "Rio Bravo" John Wayne classic sometime. My Rifle, My Pony, and Me

Greg landed at St. Joe's... best of luck to him.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

From Twitter:
    Jeff Goodman
    ‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops

St. Joe’s has landed Gonzaga freshman point guard Greg Foster, source told @Stadium. Will sit and have three left.

Wow. Interesting.

Best of luck Greg!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Wow. Interesting.

Best of luck Greg!
    Of course it doesn't matter now...…. but wasn't he a 6'5" four star point guard ? I hope he finds what he is looking for but I was looking forward to see him play at Gonzaga.....has he made any kind of statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Wow. Interesting.

Best of luck Greg!
    Per Meehan, Greg's Dad & the new St. Joe's Coach were on the 76'ers staff together a while back.

Make's a lot of sense now.

And again, good luck Greg.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Of course it doesn't matter now...…. but wasn't he a 6'5" four star point guard ? I hope he finds what he is looking for but I was looking forward to see him play at Gonzaga.....has he made any kind of statement ?
    was a 3-star recruit by Rivals & 247. Ranked 278th by 247, & outside the Top-150 for ESPN & Rivals.

ESPN updated their ranking shortly after Greg committed to us, promoted to 4*, and ranked Top-20 for his position at #20.

His Senior season (post commitment) was a slight disappointment as he lost his starting role, and averaged 7 ppg on the year.

I like Greg Foster, wish him the best, and think he'll do well at St Joe's. Have a feeling it won't be at PG though. I don't see a lead guard at all. Doesn't have the right posture/style/touch/vision for that role; however, his attributes are superb. Good length, defense, explosive, and athletic. Had nice feel for the game, and can really move around the court well, seemed to rebound really well for his size/position, and this showed in HS and at Gonzaga. Also, has a penchant for getting to the rim once in the lane.

Add 15lbs of muscle/size this transfer off-season and move to a slashing combo guard/wing hybrid, and his stock, effectiveness, and god given ability will shine through.

As I've posted many times before, even before he stepped foot on campus, I see Greg as a wing, yet I've also heard he's dead-set on PG. Its like the clear-cut TE who wants to play QB in a way.

I still feel Greg could have been an asset at Gonzaga, but by all accounts, wasn't really open to moving positions. I asked that direct question to a former player and was told he wanted to remain at PG.

I respect it as its his decision and future, yet when we check in 2 yrs and see how he's doing, I have a feeling he'll be playing off the ball as a really good slasher with above average handles.