Thread: Next year's tv

Default Next year's tv

Who is going to be carrying Zag games next year ? I have always been able to watch all zag games with Dish Network with espn and Root Sports. Will it be the same next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Who is going to be carrying Zag games next year ? I have always been able to watch all zag games with Dish Network with espn and Root Sports. Will it be the same next year ?
    I would fully expect that to be the case for those with Dish/Directv. I personally will be seeking alternative options due to irreconcilable differences with Directv after being a 22 1/2 year subscriber. It's not the same Directv it was before the At&t takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
    I would fully expect that to be the case for those with Dish/Directv. I personally will be seeking alternative options due to irreconcilable differences with Directv after being a 22 1/2 year subscriber. It's not the same Directv it was before the At&t takeover.
    I disagree 100%. I think it’s still been great. Not had a problem at all

ETA: I don’t know you’re situation or you’re area so you’re experiences are totally different than mine
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
    About 6 mos ago I was fed up with DirecTv and called them. The customer retention service knocked about 40% off my bill after I pointed out that I'd been a loyal subscriber for over 20 years. I do agree that ATT has changed DTV negatively.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

The garbage you get for the rather ridiculous fees from cable and Dish / Direct TV is disgusting. We are considering going the "Cut the Cord" route. If we do, is Root NW available through any of the subscriptions such as Hulu, Apple TV, Netflix or other? It's a deal breaker if I can get my Zag games somehow. Currently for $15 more monthly via Direct TV in AZ I am able to get all the Zag games not on ESPN or networks but I sure dislike the programming that goes with their packages otherwise.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    The garbage you get for the rather ridiculous fees from cable and Dish / Direct TV is disgusting. We are considering going the "Cut the Cord" route. If we do, is Root NW available through any of the subscriptions such as Hulu, Apple TV, Netflix or other? It's a deal breaker if I can get my Zag games somehow. Currently for $15 more monthly via Direct TV in AZ I am able to get all the Zag games not on ESPN or networks but I sure dislike the programming that goes with their packages otherwise.
    I don't believe there are any streaming services carrying Root NW. The "whole TV programming thing" is a pure scam, just a quasi monopolistic system designed to squeeze every cent they can out of the public. There could be some IPTV outfits that carry Root but, of course, they carry certain risks since they are illegal operators.

The best option for those game are WCC TV. The quality is still pretty sketchy and you do risk not getting all the games, but it is becoming an added source.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Everything I've found has the games recorded. I can't handle not watching live.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Everything I've found has the games recorded. I can't handle not watching live.
    Me either. Internet streams or Hulu are highly unrealiable too, as I’ve learned while dealing with live sports. Yeah missing one game isn’t bad for most and most will call it “reliable” especially if it’s only a game vs Pepperdine but I can’t deal. I’ll never cut the cord until they make me
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Grrrrrriz is not happy about this dang it. Well, thanks for the great input anyway folks. All you good lawyers out there should sue somebody Isn't holding addicted Zag fans hostage illegal??

A free-standing, subscription or PPV, Zag BB app.....is the panacea.....

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    The best option for those game are WCC TV. The quality is still pretty sketchy and you do risk not getting all the games, but it is becoming an added source.
    "Sketchy" is high praise for that POS....but it's all we got for about a dozen lame games....

By virtue of the fact that so many of us want to see Zag games, broadcasting them is deemed valuable. The University and the broadcasting companies know this and will place a premium on that value.

The thinking that an ‘al carte’ type service will make it cheaper for us fans to watch is in error. The al carte model that is emerging will at a minimum ensure business entities maintain their current revenue levels while more likely be designed to increase revenue streams.

There will be no ‘silver bullet’ that lets you cut the cable and only watch Zag games for free or cheaply. Zag games are valuable, we will have to pay a premium to watch them. Even if you cut the cable, you will have to pay somewhere.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I remember listening to Zag games on one of these back in about 1959. In particular I remember listening to GU vs Bradley when the Bulldogs went on an Midwestern swing.

Birddog

Not to date us. Birdmeister: KGA......

Good ole Smilin Sylvans, west 227 Riverside! Or Boyle Oil singing sisters. I got that stuff even in Missoula in those days. Oops! Tipped my hand...I'm old.

I believe Abe to be correct in that the GU games were broadcast on KGA. Griz brought back memories of Starlit Stairway which was sponsored by the Boyle Fuel Co (which was located very near GU on Division St). Starlit Stairway first appeared on KXLY back in the 50's and the twins were the Sylte (sp?) Sisters for the first several years. They were later replaced. Leon Boyle would appear occasionally with his wife (name escapes me) on the commercials. I remember that there frequently were participants that played the accordion and it always seemed to be "Lady in Spain". I think the local accordion teacher regularly sent top students to audition for the show.
    http://mvbarer.blogspot.com/2011/04/...l-company.html
    Birddog

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

I cut the cord. Went with Hulu. I get most of the channels I watched on Dish and DirectTV. I get ESPN but not Root and for those games that are Root, I will just listen to the radio stream. I may miss seeing a few games but I am saving close to $100.00 per month. I won’t go back. I thought Dish was good but after my two years with them was up, they jumped my price up by $40 per month then seemed surprised that I would cancel. I even have a cloud based recording option with Hulu and no crappy equipment that I have to mess with.

I had youtube tv last year; it was pretty good except for no Root. Can drop and restart any time. For Root games I go to the gym and get in about20-30 miles on the recumbent stationary bike.