Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 starters?

Default 2019-20 starters?

I'll give it a shot;

Tillie, petro, kispert, Ayayi, Gilder........not bad. 2 seniors, and 3 year starter junior, an offensive minded soph post guy, and a defensive minded soph guard.

Good mix.

Thornton (time will tell)
    Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Timme
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Thornton (time will tell)
    Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Timme
    That’s my guess for the starters with Watson getting 20-25 minutes between the 3-4 spots, and Petro getting 20 minutes as a front court sub. Ravet gets about 10 minutes a game, and Ayayi has a chance to grab 5-7 if he works hard.

I think it will be: Tillie, Petrusev, Kispert, Gildner, and Thornton. Second team will be Timme, Ballo, Watson, Ravet, and Arlauskas.

Thornton - Gilder - Kispert - Timme - Tillie

Ravet/Ayayi the 1/2 guards off bench. Foster on mop up crew. (or possibly even a sophmore r.s.)

Petrusev the 1st big off bench. Watson the second big, sees time at the 3 as well.

Ballo/Zahkarov/Arlauskas fight to earn rotation time, 1 or 2 could redshirt. (my highest bet on Martynas redshirting)

Hope I’m wrong but I think ayayi gets as much playing time next year as he did this past year lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Would love for Ayayi to get some good experience this summer with the French team and come back ready to contribute (even as a backup).

Thornton (Ravet if no Thornton)
    Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev

Timme (4) and Watson (3) super subs who earn 20 mpg or more
    Ravet and Ayayi earn 12-15 mpg
    Arlauskas and Zhakarov get leftovers

Ballo RS
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev

Ballo RS
    Nobody puts Baby (Shaq) on the bench! LOL
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev

Ballo RS
    If Ravet and Ayayi earn 12-15 mpg each, Thornton (theoretical) and Gilder would only get 25-28 mpg. They’ll be playing around 33-37 mpg in all the games that matter (non-blowouts).

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

Ravet/Ayayi the 1/2 guards off bench. Foster on mop up crew. (or possibly even a sophmore r.s.)

Petrusev the 1st big off bench. Watson the second big, sees time at the 3 as well.

Ballo/Zahkarov/Arlauskas fight to earn rotation time, 1 or 2 could redshirt. (my highest bet on Martynas redshirting)
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    If Ravet and Ayayi earn 12-15 mpg each, Thornton (theoretical) and Gilder would only get 25-28 mpg. They’ll be playing around 33-37 mpg in all the games that matter (non-blowouts).
    Could be, but what is Ravet assist to t/o ratio next year?

Asking for a friend.

Even. That’d be my guess. But only because he’s a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    I'll give it a shot;

Tillie, petro, kispert, Ayayi, Gilder........not bad. 2 seniors, and 3 year starter junior, an offensive minded soph post guy, and a defensive minded soph guard.

Good mix.
    have you heard good things about ayayi's development from josh or something?

Have my doubts Tillie will start. He may be the better 6th man. I do think Thornton, Gilder, Petro, Watson and Timme would be a frightening lineup. Tillie, Corey ( no offense), Ravet. Any of the 3 could be front liners.
    After catching up on Timme, I do not see how he wouldn't be the beast we need this year. His motor is the best I've seen since Jon Brockman from UW.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

I want a do over because your post here OntZag reminds me we all may be overlooking Watson a bit:

Thornton
    Gilder
    Watson
    Timme
    Tillie

The length on the court w this lineup is incredible...both bigs mobile enough to switch in man v man D.

Just imagining possibilities. Above lineup more likely to be seen in key stretches of the game not starting together because if Kispert and Petrusev and Ravet all sub in together the team D falls off a cliff. Above lineup more of a knockout punch group not starting unit.

Side note: now that draft withdrawal date has passed it seems if Thornton is coming aboard that announcement should happen soon Why delay?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Have my doubts Tillie will start. He may be the better 6th man. I do think Thornton, Gilder, Petro, Watson and Timme would be a frightening lineup. Tillie, Corey ( no offense), Ravet. Any of the 3 could be front liners.
    After catching up on Timme, I do not see how he wouldn't be the beast we need this year. His motor is the best I've seen since Jon Brockman from UW.
    If Tillie is healthy, he will start. Few values his Seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Don't forget that we could see some 3 guard sets: eg Ravet-Thornton-Gilder // Thornton-Gilder-Ayayi

So I don't think there is necessarily a hard 80 man cap on the guards. My gut says Watson will see more time at the 4 than the 3 and Martynas will see little time at all as a freshman. So a good chance the bulk of CK's backup minutes come from the guards.

I want a do over because your post here OntZag reminds me we all may be overlooking Watson a bit:

Thornton
    Gilder
    Watson
    Timme
    Tillie
    Now we're talking. Some of the previous lineups were pie in the sky. Ayayi?

When making out these line-ups. some seem to forget that Kispert was a starter as a Freshman, before hurting his ankle, over Norvell. He has started most of his time with Gonzaga, once he healed up. He is one of two returning upperclassmen, with Tillie coming back.

I agree that it isn't starting as much as who is in at the end that really matters, and Kispert was also in at the end of games last year.

Kispert will start.

The line-up will be determined in practices leading up to the season.

My expected line-up:

Ravet
    Gilder
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev

off the Bench:

Timmie
    Watson
    Zakharov/Ballo
    Thornton (?)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Now we're talking. Some of the previous lineups were pie in the sky. Ayayi?
    I have not followed the Thornton transfer news that closely, but it seems you guys are pretty certain he is coming to Spokane, so if thats the case then yes , absolutely, he would start at one of the guard spots.

I have Ayayi in there just because there isnt much to choose from. The only guard returners are he and Foster and the only newcomer is a 6 foot freshman (that I have obviously never seen play) but one who I have read on this board has issues defending HS players. Ayayai seemed like the logical choice

Ravet reminds me of Pangos/Ravio. Undersized offensive minded PG, with clear defensive liabilities out of HS.

And just like Pangos, I see Ravet starting his Freshman year, he may not start the first game, but fairly early he will earn his spot in the starting rotation.

PG- Ravet
    CG- Gilder
    SF- Kispert
    PF- Tillie
    PF- Petrusev

Off the bench: Timme, Watson, Arlauskus, Ayayi (or txfer)
    Redshirt: Zakharov, Ballo

I see more Raivio in him than Pangos. But we’ll see.

As for starting, I don’t see it unless we fail to nab a grad transfer pg.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    I have Ayayi in there just because there isnt much to choose from. The only guard returners are he and Foster and the only newcomer is a 6 foot freshman (that I have obviously never seen play) but one who I have read on this board has issues defending HS players. Ayayai seemed like the logical choice
    fair enough, thanks for the explanation.

Oumar Ballo isn't planning to redshirt. From yesterday: