• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Both. Brown drakes first then salmonflies after. Hoping to catch both at the peak, it has been pretty wet and a late wet this year, so hopefully they come off "normal" time wise.
    I was hoping maybe for a Suggsfish.

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
      Yes
      Wow! Number 1 class in the country I’d imagine!

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Oct 2008

Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/me...or-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/201...or-season.html

With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

Comment

• zagbeliever
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Jan 2013

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!! #zagup

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
            Suggs and Kessler?!
            Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?

Comment

• ZagBlue
              Kennel Club Material
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?
              Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
                Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.
                He would be a legacy at UGA but he has said that UGA is not a lock. Duke is looking at him pretty hard too and they have had even greater success of putting big men in the NBA...who knows what the future brings...no crystal ball here and like I said, am sure we wouldn't turn him down if he was interested...we have already had one bench player that was a one & done...stranger things have been known to happen...

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

With the assumed addition of Thornton, it looks like the Zags have a full house. Oregon only has six scholarship players at the moment, but it's a fairly strong starting lineup w/ four guys were top 50 or better recruits and the reported #1 juco guy last yr, and they'll pick up a couple more transfers/late signees.

Sounds like that ship has sailed.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

Miss a couple days and look what happens.

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                    Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!
                    A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!
                    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Can learn an awful lot from each other.

[[/B]
                      Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                      Miss a couple days and look what happens.

A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                        I heard it’s a three day waiting period before starting...just like for a marriage license
                        Wait, what?

Hmmm, another one I might've had wrong.

Oh, wait, you mean waiting for the marriage LICENSE BEFORE the marriage, and not waiting for three days after the marriage to have personal license to ….

Ah, that clears it up. I think I'm in the clear …. I think.
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
                          6h6 hours ago
                          More
                          See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ‘ship #SeniorSZN à Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?

Comment

• SorenTodd45
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
                            Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/me...or-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/201...or-season.html

I am so geeked about Tils returning I can hardly sit down. I knew all along he would make the right decision. About Payton though, he is starting his senior year, so if he transfers, won't he have to sit out a year? Tils will have graduated by then.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                              Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
                              6h6 hours ago
                              More
                              See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ‘ship #SeniorSZN à Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?
                              Love me some tille tille. Going to have monster year
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

Not surprised.....happy for us and him.

Work hard this summer and with a little luck...might make AA.

Comment

Working...
                                X