Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tillie coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Got my fly fishing trip planned leaving June 8th we will have to see who all joins me. Epic hatch, epic trout, epic company!
    You have piqued my interest, I too leave around the same time for hopefully an epic hatch. Salmonflies or Brown drakes?

Quote Originally Posted by MEZAG View Post
    You have piqued my interest, I too leave around the same time for hopefully an epic hatch. Salmonflies or Brown drakes?
    Both. Brown drakes first then salmonflies after. Hoping to catch both at the peak, it has been pretty wet and a late wet this year, so hopefully they come off "normal" time wise.

Only this morning then it's back to a technology detox. On the positive side I do miss the interaction on here!
    And a great Zags morning it is! I'm glad you're refreshing your batteries on the technology detox if it means you are able to drop by from time to time like today.

While we have you, any words on Jalen Suggs that we can dissect inside and out as we continue to wait on hopefully landing our highest rated recruit in program history?

Appreciate all of your insight. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    And a great Zags morning it is! I'm glad you're refreshing your batteries on the technology detox if it means you are able to drop by from time to time like today.

While we have you, any words on Jalen Suggs that we can dissect inside and out as we continue to wait on hopefully landing our highest rated recruit in program history?

Agreed. We need something that we can meticulously pore over for the balance of your sabbatical.

Stick around Caldwell. We miss ya!
    Back for a post... Huge news on Tillie. I doubt Thorton ever leaves Spokane. Have a great summer guys!

We are in the calm before the storm period. There is a reason our staff passed on Jenkins and Ellis and others. 2020 is headlined by a two headed monster right now, the staff wants to make it a three headed monster and maybe after Kraziness a four headed monster of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Stick around Caldwell. We miss ya!
    Today is it for me for a few weeks. I got to get myself ready to go slam the Brown's! That being said I will pop in from time to time, just not daily or weekly.

We are in the calm before the storm period. There is a reason our staff passed on Jenkins and Ellis and others. 2020 is headlined by a two headed monster right now, the staff wants to make it a three headed monster and maybe after Kraziness a four headed monster of monsters.
    Suggs and Kessler?!

I am glad for Ballo.
    He said he called off visits to other colleges during his recruitment after he visited with French speaking Ayayi and Tillie. None of the other schools offered players with his home language, and I think he called it 'heaven.'

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Suggs and Kessler?!
    Yes

Both. Brown drakes first then salmonflies after. Hoping to catch both at the peak, it has been pretty wet and a late wet this year, so hopefully they come off "normal" time wise.
    I was hoping maybe for a Suggsfish.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Yes
    Wow! Number 1 class in the country I’d imagine!

Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/me...or-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/201...or-season.html

With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!! #zagup

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Suggs and Kessler?!
    Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?
    Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.
    He would be a legacy at UGA but he has said that UGA is not a lock. Duke is looking at him pretty hard too and they have had even greater success of putting big men in the NBA...who knows what the future brings...no crystal ball here and like I said, am sure we wouldn't turn him down if he was interested...we have already had one bench player that was a one & done...stranger things have been known to happen...

With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

With the assumed addition of Thornton, it looks like the Zags have a full house. Oregon only has six scholarship players at the moment, but it's a fairly strong starting lineup w/ four guys were top 50 or better recruits and the reported #1 juco guy last yr, and they'll pick up a couple more transfers/late signees.

Sounds like that ship has sailed.

Miss a couple days and look what happens.

Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!
    A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Can learn an awful lot from each other.

[[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Miss a couple days and look what happens.

A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I heard it’s a three day waiting period before starting...just like for a marriage license
    Wait, what?

Hmmm, another one I might've had wrong.

Oh, wait, you mean waiting for the marriage LICENSE BEFORE the marriage, and not waiting for three days after the marriage to have personal license to ….

Ah, that clears it up. I think I'm in the clear …. I think.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ‘ship #SeniorSZN à Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?

Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/me...or-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/201...or-season.html

I am so geeked about Tils returning I can hardly sit down. I knew all along he would make the right decision. About Payton though, he is starting his senior year, so if he transfers, won't he have to sit out a year? Tils will have graduated by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ‘ship #SeniorSZN à Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?
    Love me some tille tille. Going to have monster year
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Not surprised.....happy for us and him.

Work hard this summer and with a little luck...might make AA.