Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tillie coming back!

Wow! Wasn’t expecting this! Sure hope he can stay healthy next year!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Jaxz, as our only poster to have attended the top J-school around, is it really "news" or is it, for now, a rumor, even if strong?

"Expected to come back" is not "announced he's coming back."

And through "sources" can be trusted in most major news outlets, that won't report without 3 independent corroborators. But in a tweet, he needs only "one" source, and we don't know who. Coach Few? Yeah, that's a decent source. The student trainer just giving his best guess at this point "expected" not so much.

It is hugely welcome.

We should be happy, and more hopeful, and welcoming.

But we probably shouldn't say "it's fact" until Tillie announces or GU announces.

Just IMO.
    I just realized, my own post could be read to infer that I had actually attended Ö

No, I'd never get in

Jazz on the other hand Ö

How else to explain his ability to find problems in winning the lotto?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Happy to admit I was 100% wrong....if he is healthy enough to play near his potential, he could be a All American...

This news does confirm what a source told me who claims to have talked to Tillie a few days ago. As I didn't hear it from him myself, I didn't want to post anything. But it really makes the most sense unless he had been given a guaranteed contract in Europe. Super happy for him and certainly hope that he stays healthy. I would really like to see what he can do when he's both healthy and knows that he's only got one last year to make an impression for a very high paying job.

Hope Tillie coming back is fact. I really think itís best for him all around. A degree from GU would be gold in his pocket if injuries kept raising their ugly heads. GUís good at conditioning too so - Win/win in my book. Tillie back will help the other GU bigs in the mentorship category.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Timme starts from day one or at least day two.
    Back for a post... Huge news on Tillie. I doubt Thorton ever leaves Spokane. Have a great summer guys!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Back for a post... Huge news on Tillie. I doubt Thorton ever leaves Spokane. Have a great summer guys!

Welcome back CZ!

I heard itís a three day waiting period before starting...just like for a marriage license

Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!

Quote Originally Posted by zagitup View Post

Welcome back CZ!
    Thanks! It's a big 24 hour stretch for the Zags I had to put a message out to you guys.

Just finished viewing some Thornton videos. I'm surprised that his shooting percentages was so low because he has a real nice shot. His form and techniques are solid imo. He does have a nice pull-up jump shot, and goes to the basket quite well. He has a nice left handed lay up. He has the physique to score inside. The videos also showed he's a real good passer which I'm sure Few is looking for.

What interests me about Thornton is why has he NOT blossomed as an elite point guard. He's a five star recruit out of high school and was signed by Duke. That's quite an honor. He had problems there, and it seems the same thing happened at USC as he was sent to the bench the last five games of the year last year. Is there any word about him agreeing to come to Gonzaga.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Please stay!

Drew at the 5, Killian at the 4?

I'm glad we have several months to discuss potential lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post

Could be. I expect that the pre-season practices will work things out. As excited as I am about Timme, I expect Petrusev to get the start unless he gets blown out of the water.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!
    I agree Timme is that good. My belief is he gives us more versatility off the bench but if he beats out Tillie or Petrusev for a starting spot so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post

Plenty of mins at 4-5 for Tils, Petro and Timmy. The 3 will be a key spot. Same as it ever was.

Plenty of mins at 4-5 for Tils, Petro and Timmy. The 3 will be a key spot.
    Anton is going to log big minutes at the 3-4. Corey will start at the 3, but Anton will play starter minutes.

Anton is going to log big minutes at the 3-4. Corey will start at the 3, but Anton will play starter minutes.
    Your mouth to Few's ears....

Again, welcome back for even a few moments CZ! I heard the same on Thornton several weeks ago when he announced his intent to transfer. Although he may leave Spokane without announcing a commitment to the public, I too would be shocked if he has not committed to our staff by the end of the visit (whether we the public find out or not).

And yes, Timme is the real deal. Very exciting times for Zag fans if we land Thornton. In a matter of weeks, we will have transformed a roster from a legit rebuilding year (albeit with a good but not great and inexperienced roster) to a legit top 15 type team again. Fingers crossed that this last piece comes together as planned/expected.

Your mouth to Few's ears....
    Got my fly fishing trip planned leaving June 8th we will have to see who all joins me. Epic hatch, epic trout, epic company!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Again, welcome back for even a few moments CZ! I heard the same on Thornton several weeks ago when he announced his intent to transfer. Although he may leave Spokane without announcing a commitment to the public, I too would be shocked if he has not committed to our staff by the end of the visit (whether we the public find out or not).

And yes, Timme is the real deal. Very exciting times for Zag fans if we land Thornton. In a matter of weeks, we will have transformed a roster from a legit rebuilding year (albeit with a good but not great and inexperienced roster) to a legit top 15 type team again. Fingers crossed that this last piece comes together as planned/expected.
    Only this morning then it's back to a technology detox. On the positive side I do miss the interaction on here!

Only this morning then it's back to a technology detox. On the positive side I do miss the interaction on here!
    Good to see you, caldwellzag. Can you confirm the Tillie news? All Iíve seen is the Goodman tweet but no press release so Iím still kinda on edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my fly fishing trip planned leaving June 8th we will have to see who all joins me. Epic hatch, epic trout, epic company!
    I'm in Whitefish if you ever want to wet a line....

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Good to see you, caldwellzag. Can you confirm the Tillie news? All I’ve seen is the Goodman tweet but no press release so I’m still kinda on edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am surprised there has not been a formal announcement. Expect it today. Honestly, if it wasn't this big of news I would have stayed off here, if that helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I'm in Whitefish if you ever want to wet a line....
    That's music to my ears. Idaho is going to get hit hard this summer and Montana is next summer, so I will hit you up!