Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tillie coming back!

Default Tillie coming back!

According to Jeff Goodman, Tillie will be returning. Big News! Now stay healthy and show the scouts what you can do!

A little surprised and a lot excited!

I hope he can kick ass, stay healthy and put together an AA campaign. Would be super rewarding to watch that after all he's dealt with.

Fromm twitter:
    Jeff Goodman
    ‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
    28m28 minutes ago

Gonzaga’s Killian Tillie is expected to return to school, source told @Stadium. HUGE news for the Zags. If he can stay healthy, could be a guy who moves into first-round lock conversation a year from now.

Great news. Welcome back, Tils. Do your thing. Best recruit in years; six stars.

This is great news. We were just given a gift from the Gods of Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Great news. Welcome back, Tils. Do your thing. Best recruit in years.
    Jaxz, as our only poster to have attended the top J-school around, is it really "news" or is it, for now, a rumor, even if strong?

"Expected to come back" is not "announced he's coming back."

And through "sources" can be trusted in most major news outlets, that won't report without 3 independent corroborators. But in a tweet, he needs only "one" source, and we don't know who. Coach Few? Yeah, that's a decent source. The student trainer just giving his best guess at this point "expected" not so much.

It is hugely welcome.

We should be happy, and more hopeful, and welcoming.

But we probably shouldn't say "it's fact" until Tillie announces or GU announces.

Just IMO.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

This one references Goodmans tweet.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ng-to-gonzaga/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This one references Goodmans tweet.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ng-to-gonzaga/
    Great news. I hope and expect his return may be the best since Karno came back after his tough back injury. We all know how that turned out.

The beat goes on.....

I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year. He needs to laser focus on his training and nothing else. If he starts the season strong, stays healthy, and can improve next season, the sky is the limit. He can't limp through next season if he wants a career in basketball. Really hoping he can stay healthy. The kid has worked so hard for so long he has earned a break in basketball and in life.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year. He needs to laser focus on his training and nothing else. If he starts the season strong, stays healthy, and can improve next season, the sky is the limit. He can't limp through next season if he wants a career in basketball. Really hoping he can stay healthy. The kid has worked so hard for so long he has earned a break in basketball and in life.
    Well said! I'm just hoping he gets back to full health.

I think we’re good, Dix. Just enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Jaxz, as our only poster to have attended the top J-school around, is it really "news" or is it, for now, a rumor, even if strong?

"Expected to come back" is not "announced he's coming back."

And through "sources" can be trusted in most major news outlets, that won't report without 3 independent corroborators. But in a tweet, he needs only "one" source, and we don't know who. Coach Few? Yeah, that's a decent source. The student trainer just giving his best guess at this point "expected" not so much.

It is hugely welcome.

We should be happy, and more hopeful, and welcoming.

But we probably shouldn't say "it's fact" until Tillie announces or GU announces.

Just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year.
    I'm not sure there really is National team opportunity for him this off season. He's too old for the u-19 & I doubt he'd be in contention for the senior team at this point, especially with the injuries.

Let the lineup discussions begin!!

I’m happy for me that he’s coming back. I feel bad for him but he really is poised to launch himself into Round 1 draft status next year. He doesn’t seem to have the alpha scoring mentality of Olynyk but he does have the opportunity to be an All-American player next year, as was already mentioned. Our defense instantly got better, too.

Now we have a senior, a leader and a team captain. I feel good about Tillie getting a degree.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Like Karno, Tillie will be surrounded with great physical therapists, weight training and medical to get him back to 100%. Tough to do this outside of Gonzaga if he didn't get drafted. Win for both sides. Great to have him back!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great news! Tillie and Timme w Petrusev is sweet bigs rotation + time for Zhakarov or Ballo to dip their toes in too.

https://youtu.be/fGDQ9IukMOc
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Now we have a senior, a leader and a team captain. I feel good about Tillie getting a degree.
    This is huge factor! Corey. Not there yet. We just got A huge boost at many levels.

is Tillie the last guy on the team that was in the Championship game? I think so.

- welcome back!
    - timing is great, thornton in town visiting, just one more good selling point........hope he commits, he could be the last piece to the puzzle.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Huge news for the Zags. I'm heart broken for Killian - in that his body has really been a problem.

But I am so excited for him to have the opportunity to prove what he can do. We know he can do it. Now he just needs to show the NBA execs that he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Let the lineup discussions begin!!

I’m happy for me that he’s coming back. I feel bad for him but he really is poised to launch himself into Round 1 draft status next year. He doesn’t seem to have the alpha scoring mentality of Olynyk but he does have the opportunity to be an All-American player next year, as was already mentioned. Our defense instantly got better, too.
    Ok...

Thornton
    Gildor
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev....all of the sudden we’re a very mature team

Watson
    Timme
    Ravet
    Foster
    A couple of the other freshmen perhaps

Gives Watson, Timme and Ravet time to adjust. They will be terrific off the bench though! This could be a fun year after all.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Ok...

Thornton
    Gildor
    Kispert
    Tillie

Watson
    Timme
    Ravet
    Foster

Gives Watson, Timme and Ravet time to adjust. They will be terrific off the bench though! This could be a fun year after all.
    I’m hoping Ayayi has a developmental “gets it” growth spurt and proves comfortable enough in Zags system this season to earn backup SG minutes behind Gildor while Ravet covers backup PG minutes. Also hoping one of Zhakarov or Ballo earns backup minutes at the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Ok...

Thornton
    Gildor
    Kispert
    Tillie

Watson
    Timme
    Ravet
    Foster

I’m hoping Ayayi has a developmental “gets it” growth spurt and proves comfortable enough in Zags system this season to earn backup SG minutes behind Gildor while Ravet covers backup PG minutes. Also hoping one of Zhakarov or Ballo earns backup minutes at the 5.

Timme starts from day one or at least day two.