Thread: Seventh Woods --North Carolina transfer

Default Seventh Woods --North Carolina transfer

Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
    10m10 minutes ago
    More
    North Carolina transfer Seventh Woods has Gonzaga in his final 3. The 6'2 junior pg averaged 2.5 points, 2.1 assists, & 0.9 steals in 10.8 mpg. Had career high 14 pts vs GU this year. Likely would redshirt, willing to walk on if no scholarships available

"Last season, he scored a career-high 14 points in the 103-90 win over Gonzaga on Dec. 15. The biggest drawback is that Gonzaga is 2,600 miles away from Columbia.

“Gonzaga ... had one of my best college games ever against them. They realize what they can do and what I’m capable of and what I can do to bring to the team,” Woods said. “They know what kind of player they will be getting out of me.”

https://amp.thestate.com/sports/coll...mpression=true

Interesting. Willing to walk on... Somewhat of a Jeremy Jones type situation?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Maybe as a walk on--- just dont see him being as good as the kids we are recruiting nowadays to take up a scholarship. He did play very well verse us last year in Chapel Hill though!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Maybe as a walk on--- just dont see him being as good as the kids we are recruiting nowadays to take up a scholarship. He did play very well verse us last year in Chapel Hill though!
    Who didn’t?

The article was about him possible joining South Carolina and their lack of scholarships. He is not planning on taking any visits and will probably make his decision in the next couple of weeks. Stated Gonzaga was a long way from home.

So he will sit a year and play a year.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Nah. We played horrible defense at the first part of the year. We’ve got better now and on the griddle. Good player though.

He will never be a scholarship player at GU. Walk-on maybe, but doubt he even really considers us other than to try to get a scholarship from one of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He will never be a scholarship player at GU. Walk-on maybe, but doubt he even really considers us other than to try to get a scholarship from one of the other two.
    Welcome back. I will try to behave here.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Thanks CZ for confirmation. Kinda what I thought last night. Seems like we are a third school filler. Not hat I wouldn’t be happy to have him aboard - I absolutely would, but felt we were not really in it.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Welcome back CZ. To echo this, always keep in mind that just because a player lists a school does not mean that the school is open to fully welcoming that player. We saw it with Jenkins and we are seeing it here with Woods. Just because we make a phone call or put out a feeler (which we should do with every single transfer that we might have interest in) does not mean that we have offered such player. It does however, often lead to that player including schools like Gonzaga in their list.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Welcome back CZ. To echo this, always keep in mind that just because a player lists a school does not mean that the school is open to fully welcoming that player. We saw it with Jenkins and we are seeing it here with Woods. Just because we make a phone call or put out a feeler (which we should do with every single transfer that we might have interest in) does not mean that we have offered such player. It does however, often lead to that player including schools like Gonzaga in their list.
    Thanks. Gonzaga is a huge household name to put on your list of schools. Puts the pressure on other schools.

Thanks. Gonzaga is a huge household name to put on your list of schools. Puts the pressure on other schools.
    So glad you have returned Caldwell...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    So glad you have returned Caldwell...
    Temporary for today only. With Tillie's return I had to pop in.

Come back soon for Suggs?

Thanks for stopping by. See you in June when Suggs commits.

Quentin Grimes is a name to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Quentin Grimes is a name to keep an eye on.
    Here's an interesting comp:

Just if you haven’t seen the news from yesterday. Woods going to South Carolina.