Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rui News :)

Wonder how many endorsements Rui has already signed in Japan?

Hope he lands in good spot for his talent.

I’m still on the Rui Hachimura train, btw. Fully understand that he needs the right landing spot, but I think he could be a stud. People don’t take the context of his situation (literally didn’t understand what the coaches were saying to him until this year) into account enough.
    His instincts are concerning and I get that’s hard to develop. But again, this was the first year that he fully understood what the coaches were saying to him. And his offensive stats are great. High volume + high efficiency almost across the board. Great size + athleticism.
    He plays HARD every possession. I think he’s got what it takes to continue to improve his game. But he needs the right situation. If a team wants him to be a playmaking wing, they’re gonna be disappointed. But a dynamic scoring/stretch 4 isn’t out of his realm of possibilities
    https://twitter.com/MarkW_E01/status...927645697?s=19
    Japanese fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Wonder how many endorsements Rui has already signed in Japan?

Hope he lands in good spot for his talent.
    That is where the real money is...when he passed away Arnold Palmer was worth a estimated 750 million dollars and his total earnings on both the PGA and Senior Tour were in the 3 million range....

Can't imagine what Ichiro's net worth is....Rui is the total marketing package....

Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Have a feeling that someone will figure out that @ZagMBB forward, Rui Hachimura is a Top 6 talent. Has all of the physical ingredients and he’s just learning the game. More upside than most in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Have a feeling that someone will figure out that @ZagMBB forward, Rui Hachimura is a Top 6 talent. Has all of the physical ingredients and he’s just learning the game. More upside than most in this draft.
    For us Zag fans who have see Rui progress/improve/win hearts as a Zag .... whoever lands Rui is going to have a notable ticket sale and fan base increase. I haven't been an NBA fan. With all 3 (Brandon, Norvell and Hachimura) very likely to enter the NBA shortly I'm also very likely to begin watching a slew of NBA games. The Zag density in the NBA is just be too high for me not to want to see how they're all doing.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Rui Hachimura is a physical specimen with a shredded frame | 2019 NBA Draft Scouting Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKVF...ature=youtu.be

Geez, we're gonna miss this great kid.

It was such an amazing treat to have both Rui and Brandon this past year. I am hoping they both amaze in the NBA, and I think they will.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Zagdawg, thank you so much for your persistence in bringing the news to us!

Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    23m23 minutes ago
    More
    JUST IN: @rui_8mura, who tomorrow will become the first Japanese player drafted by an NBA team, has signed an endorsement deal with Nissin, maker of Cup Noodles. Joins other Japanese stars tennis players Naomi Osaka & Kei Nishikori as brand embassadors.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...74881026088962

Rui “Louis” Hachimura 八村 塁

@rui_8mura
    28m28 minutes ago
    More
    ドラフトを待たずして、
    まさかの日清食品から1位指名が笑��
    I didn’t know if this day would ever come. I am happy to announce I have been drafted by Team NISSIN @CupNoodle_jp @OrigCupNoodles ��

https://twitter.com/rui_8mura/status...73914880704513

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...c-b765eb495cce

Rui is a world wide phenomenon. He could get close to MJ's business reward by modern financial rewards. He won't be a high end player like Jordan but by modern standards he'll clean up financially. His market is just so big! Go Rui!! Let em know you're a Zag!! Everytime he walks out of the floor, he'll be an ad for the Zags!!

NBA Draft

Verified account

@NBADraft
    14m14 minutes ago
    More
    ������ Rui Hachimura (@rui_8mura) visits Times Square to try his first slice of New York City pizza!

��: 2019 #NBADraft presented by State Farm
    ��: Thursday, June 20
    ⏰: 7pm/et ��: ESPN

https://twitter.com/NBADraft/status/1141485189501263877

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Rui is a world wide phenomenon. He could get close to MJ's business reward by modern financial rewards. He won't be a high end player like Jordan but by modern standards he'll clean up financially. His market is just so big! Go Rui!! Let em know you're a Zag!! Everytime he walks out of the floor, he'll be an ad for the Zags!!
    Zagly, Abe.

I believe it was Tex that brought up the marketing advantage for any team that gets the rights to this young man's presence.

If only Tex's vision was used for good, as is Tommy's, instead of...

...well, then there's that...

...but who doesn't love hearing about the grandsons. I sure do. So sorry I missed you in Spokane, Tex...

Go ZAGS
    Last edited by DADoZAG; 06-19-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    In anticipation of Rui Hachimura’s drafting tomorrow, a Draft record 46 media members representing 23 outlets from Japan are credentialed for tomorrow night, more than any country outside the U.S.

Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    In anticipation of Rui Hachimura’s drafting tomorrow, a Draft record 46 media members representing 23 outlets from Japan are credentialed for tomorrow night, more than any country outside the U.S.
    Wow!

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...i-hachimura-b/

Gonzaga’s starting five at the NBA draft: Projected first-round picks Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke, head coach Mark Few and assistant coaches Brian Michaelson and Tommy Lloyd.

The bench: Lloyd’s family, because a special occasion encourages comprehensive attendance inside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Thursday promises to be a historic night for Gonzaga’s program and Hachimura, who is expected to become the first Japanese-born player chosen in the first round of the draft.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    I can't imagine the stress Rui must be operating under!

Press waiting for Rui:

Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    This is big reason why I predict Rui goes #9 to the rudderless Washington Wizards, who currently have no GM in place allowing their businessman owner, Ted Leonsis, to make the prudent business decision to draft Rui. A franchise whose star player, John Wall, is a malcontent andcurrently out through next season w ruptured Achilles could use a rising star w 1000 watt smile and entire country behind him to begin their rebuild around.

I like their coach, Scott Brooks, too.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I saw Fernando pitch at Dodger Stadium...if Rui can produce.... it will be a similar mania ...

Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    I agree with Fran. I have this feeling Rui will go in the top 10.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    This is big reason why I predict Rui goes #9 to the rudderless Washington Wizards, who currently have no GM in place allowing their businessman owner, Ted Leonsis, to make the prudent business decision to draft Rui. A franchise whose star player, John Wall, is a malcontent andcurrently out through next season w ruptured Achilles could use a rising star w 1000 watt smile and entire country behind him to begin their rebuild around.

I like their coach, Scott Brooks, too.
    Certainly looking prescient tonight. Well done.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V