X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

To kdaleb's point, I believe Few has said something to the effect "there's a lot of rubber left on the tires" in regard to Rui.

You are correct Abe, the guy didn't mince words.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
      50 nothing like holding back how the author really feels! Lol
      Never seen the word “mocked” used that way. Maybe he meant it double entendre?

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by kdaleb View Post
        I think a lot of the authors critiques of Rui are pretty spot on. I think the piece he's missing in all of his critiques is Rui's amazing growth to date. He's really only played two years at an elite level, and as we can attest, his growth in all areas of his game has been phenomenal. I agree that his defense as is won't be good enough for the NBA. And he definitely missed passing opportunities. But I think he has more growth and development potential even than most one-and-done players - he just hasn't spent that much time learning basketball yet.
        Progressed more than any player we've had, and it's not even close. Couldn't get on the floor as a frosh, and no, it wasn't all language.

He'll learn, fast.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

All that hyperbole looks like the product of a 14 year old trying to get attention.....it is sad to see how our culture has evolved ….. he has some points to make but he lost me with his shock jock style...

Author Ben Pfeifer...I tried to Google him but didn't find out anything useful ...
          Last edited by bartruff1; 05-29-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Did Rui kick his dog or something... damn.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
              Did Rui kick his dog or something... damn.
              Perhaps Domas should have a few words with the author, to set him straight about his former teammate at GU.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

to be fair, rui's mental understanding of the game lags far behind the physical side...and being smart in general doesn't always equate to high basketball iq...there is certainly a function of natural "feel" for the game that rui may just not possess or be able to develop which goes beyond x's and o's.

Comment

• webspinnre
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                  to be fair, rui's mental understanding of the game lags far behind the physical side...and being smart in general doesn't always equate to high basketball iq...there is certainly a function of natural "feel" for the game that rui may just not possess or be able to develop which goes beyond x's and o's.
                  Yep. There are certainly some valid criticisms in the piece, though they go a bit over the top. It's the one reason I'd say that while he's got a high ceiling, his floor is probably lower than someone like Clarke.
                  I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• zagbeliever
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Jan 2013

Tell us how you really feel..... Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Writer is certainly verbose. I could only get through about half of that. He's looking to nitpick negatives, and overlooking Rui's massive year to year improvement over three seasons, and ignoring the fact that he was way behind the curve after growing up in a country where the basketball isn't very good.

Not someone to be taken seriously imo.

Comment

• Zagceo
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2013

Wonder how many endorsements Rui has already signed in Japan?

Hope he lands in good spot for his talent.

Comment

• Skimhvn
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2017

I’m still on the Rui Hachimura train, btw. Fully understand that he needs the right landing spot, but I think he could be a stud. People don’t take the context of his situation (literally didn’t understand what the coaches were saying to him until this year) into account enough.
                          His instincts are concerning and I get that’s hard to develop. But again, this was the first year that he fully understood what the coaches were saying to him. And his offensive stats are great. High volume + high efficiency almost across the board. Great size + athleticism.
                          He plays HARD every possession. I think he’s got what it takes to continue to improve his game. But he needs the right situation. If a team wants him to be a playmaking wing, they’re gonna be disappointed. But a dynamic scoring/stretch 4 isn’t out of his realm of possibilities
                          Japanese fan

Comment

• bartruff1
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                            Wonder how many endorsements Rui has already signed in Japan?

Hope he lands in good spot for his talent.
                            That is where the real money is...when he passed away Arnold Palmer was worth a estimated 750 million dollars and his total earnings on both the PGA and Senior Tour were in the 3 million range....

Can't imagine what Ichiro's net worth is....Rui is the total marketing package....

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
                              2h2 hours ago
                              More
                              Have a feeling that someone will figure out that @ZagMBB forward, Rui Hachimura is a Top 6 talent. Has all of the physical ingredients and he’s just learning the game. More upside than most in this draft.

Comment

• Zagger
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
                                2h2 hours ago
                                More
                                Have a feeling that someone will figure out that @ZagMBB forward, Rui Hachimura is a Top 6 talent. Has all of the physical ingredients and he’s just learning the game. More upside than most in this draft.
                                For us Zag fans who have see Rui progress/improve/win hearts as a Zag .... whoever lands Rui is going to have a notable ticket sale and fan base increase. I haven't been an NBA fan. With all 3 (Brandon, Norvell and Hachimura) very likely to enter the NBA shortly I'm also very likely to begin watching a slew of NBA games. The Zag density in the NBA is just be too high for me not to want to see how they're all doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X