Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Darren Rovell

Verified account

@darrenrovell
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    In anticipation of Rui Hachimura’s drafting tomorrow, a Draft record 46 media members representing 23 outlets from Japan are credentialed for tomorrow night, more than any country outside the U.S.
    This is big reason why I predict Rui goes #9 to the rudderless Washington Wizards, who currently have no GM in place allowing their businessman owner, Ted Leonsis, to make the prudent business decision to draft Rui. A franchise whose star player, John Wall, is a malcontent andcurrently out through next season w ruptured Achilles could use a rising star w 1000 watt smile and entire country behind him to begin their rebuild around.

I like their coach, Scott Brooks, too.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

I saw Fernando pitch at Dodger Stadium...if Rui can produce.... it will be a similar mania ...

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        Fran Fraschilla

Verified account

@franfraschilla
        2h2 hours ago
        More
        Have a feeling that someone will figure out that @ZagMBB forward, Rui Hachimura is a Top 6 talent. Has all of the physical ingredients and he’s just learning the game. More upside than most in this draft.
        I agree with Fran. I have this feeling Rui will go in the top 10.

Go Zags!!!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Comment

• webspinnre
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
            This is big reason why I predict Rui goes #9 to the rudderless Washington Wizards, who currently have no GM in place allowing their businessman owner, Ted Leonsis, to make the prudent business decision to draft Rui. A franchise whose star player, John Wall, is a malcontent andcurrently out through next season w ruptured Achilles could use a rising star w 1000 watt smile and entire country behind him to begin their rebuild around.

I like their coach, Scott Brooks, too.
            Certainly looking prescient tonight. Well done.
            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
              Certainly looking prescient tonight. Well done.

+1. Nice call Flex!
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Thanks web and sitting! I’m psyched for Rui. Homer for sure here but imo he was tightest lookin dude to walk the stage last night...bright smile, joyful, grateful and confident.

Side note: ESPN reporter’s interviews w players immediately after walking the stage were mostly great but she was completely tone deaf and cringe worthy in interviewing Matisse Thybulle. Sure, one question about heart wrenching loss of his mother is ok (I guess...sort of) but he was clearly quite emotional about it and struggling to maintain his composure... so she asks him follow up question along lines of “..and so what did your mother mean to you?” I felt so bad for him and lost all respect for that reporter. Can’t imagine being 20-21 years old and in midst of probably biggest day of my life then get grilled on national tv about the most devastating experience of my life.
                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Cool quote from WaPo article:

“I ,act that I talked to Coach [Mark] Few this morning. He told me a few things that were very important to me as a coach that you want in a player,” Coach Scott Brooks said of a phone conversation he had with Gonzaga’s coach. “He works. He works every day. He said you’re never going to ever worry about him in that area. And he has the talent, and with that work ethic we feel we can have a really good two-way player. With our roster, obviously we have a lot of decisions to make. But he has a pretty good opportunity ahead of him. Like with all rookies and young players in this league, there’s a learning curve. We’re looking forward to meeting with him tomorrow and start that process right away.”

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Nine things you have to know about Rui Hachimura

TOKYO (Japan) - Here are nine facts you should know about the Japanese basketball superstar!

Comment

• ZagNut08
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Not that I expect much from the New York Times...

"The moment is not lost on the 6-foot-8 Hachimura, who spent three seasons in relative anonymity at Gonzaga, in the West Coast Conference. Though he held his own media day for Japanese reporters when he was at Gonzaga, the draft is, in effect, his American debut."

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post

"The moment is not lost on the 6-foot-8 Hachimura, who spent three seasons in relative anonymity at Gonzaga, in the West Coast Conference. Though he held his own media day for Japanese reporters when he was at Gonzaga, the draft is, in effect, his American debut."
                        good grief

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post

Wow. But then again, there is a reason why people don't focus much attention to the NYT sports section. News, life stories, etc... all good... sports... comes off as an afterthought. Couldn't name one sports writer for them but and much as I despise the NY Post, they have produced a couple a very good sports reporters. Same with the Daily News.
                          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• sonomajoe
                            Redshirt
                            • Mar 2018

Rui doubters in DC:

D.C. Sports Bog
                            ‘Empty stats.’ ‘A project.’ ‘Quite a stretch.’: Wizards’ Rui Hachimura pick earns low marks

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Brenna Greene

Verified account

@BrennaGreene_
                              23m23 minutes ago
                              More
                              A few notes from Rui’s presser:

-Scotty Brooks says Rui has “it”, that Few wouldn’t say one bad thing about him
                              -Rui called the media contingent small ��
                              -After frosh season, Few told Wizards Rui was going to be GU’s best player
                              -Tommy Lloyd emailed Rui every week of recruitment

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sonomajoe View Post
                                Rui doubters in DC:

D.C. Sports Bog
                                ‘Empty stats.’ ‘A project.’ ‘Quite a stretch.’: Wizards’ Rui Hachimura pick earns low marks

https://wapo.st/2RuHcJr
                                Comments in WaPo article were far more balanced. I even had 10 or so likes on my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X