Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rui News :)

Is it me, or does Rui look like Little Richard in that photo?
    But we don't play nobody.

18 points & 9 rebounds in a scrimmage game vs Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    18 points & 9 rebounds in a scrimmage game vs Denver.
    In their first NBA scrimmage in Orlando, the Denver Nuggets defeated the Washington Wizards, 89-82. Bol Bol led the way for the Nuggets with 16 PTS, 10 REB and 6 BLK, while Nikola Jokić added 16 PTS, 7 REB and 7 AST in the victory. Rui Hachimura tallied a team-high 18 PTS and 9 REB for the Wizards.

Westbrook to the Wizards. Oh noooo!!! The curse of Westbrook affects another old dog Zag. Hopfully Rui can survive the ball hog, stat stuffing Westbrook. I can't believe the wizard's would go this way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Westbrook to the Wizards. Oh noooo!!! The curse of Westbrook affects another old dog Zag. Hopfully Rui can survive the ball hog, stat stuffing Westbrook. I can't believe the wizard's would go this way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing. Nearly as bad a development for Rui, as having Larry Brown as Ammo's first coach in the pros. Zag players come from an offensive system that is predicated on ball movement and finding the open man. Larry ran the triangle in Charlotte, and now Rui has to try and further his development with a ball hog on his team. I'm not sure that John Wall would have been any better than Westbrook.

Rui to miss 3 weeks with an eye infection in both eyes.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...infection-eyes
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

He had 24 points on 10-12 shooting in last night’s loss to Portland.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401282283

Bradley Beal is out for Wizards tonight. Rui’s stats after 3 quarters in Beal’s absence:
    29pts; 11-14 shooting; 3-3 from three;8 rbds

FREE RUI. He can be a star if asked to do more than just space the floor so Westbrook and Beal can play one-on-one
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Westbrook is a ball hog....Sabonis became a All Star when he escaped from him..

Fantastic game tonight!

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401307507

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

The broadcast crew kept saying that Rui needs to extend his range......NBA players are just amazing....so big...so fast....so athletic .... seems like they can all shoot threes...

...thanks for sharing. Also on ESPN's website today. Nicely done Rui

Still only 23 years old. He'll be breaking out soon. Maybe next season or the one after it he might very well start getting into the All-Star conversation. With the minutes he's getting, it's only a matter of time.

He hasn’t changed much statistically between his first and second season, granted he now plays with a very high usage player in Westbrook. He plays like a cross between Carmelo and Kawhi with his defense clearly being closer to Kawhi. His interior game just looks a lot more like Kawhi’s. He hasn’t shown the ability to lead a team offensively night in and night out, but he could be a really good number 2 scorer on a successful team. Rui still has a tendency to drift in and out of playing at a high level. If he can ramp up his consistency then he could really break out. Otherwise, he is still a fun player to watch when his game is on but otherwise a middle of the road starter. I sometimes wonder if he is too nice and not the intense competitor night in and night out to really become a star.
    Getting vaccinated isnít a political issue. Itís a statistical issue of which the evidence of the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines are abundantly clear. Staying unvaccinated is denying reality around you.

Big double-double tonight from Rui to help the Wizards stave off elimination.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Big double-double tonight from Rui to help the Wizards stave off elimination.
    Rui had a huge game - 20 points on 8-12 shooting, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block to go with a dagger three-point shot in the closing moments to secure the win.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.