Thread: Zykera Rice to Participate in Sino-International Women’s Basketball Challenge

Post Zykera Rice to Participate in Sino-International Women’s Basketball Challenge

Zykera Rice to Participate in Sino-International Women’s Basketball Challenge

Former Zag selected as part of 3D Global Sports China All-Star team

SPOKANE, Wash. – Former Gonzaga women's basketball player Zykera Rice has been selected to the 3D China Women's All-Star Team, part of the 3D Global Sports programs out of Canada. Rice, along with 10 other players, will represent 3D Global Sports in the annual Sino-International Women's Basketball Challenge.

"I'm extremely blessed to be part of such a solid team and have the opportunity to travel to China," Rice said. "I feel like it will help me to continue to gain exposure and experience, only this time a little farther from home."

Rice and the 3D China Women's All-Star Team will face China's Senior National Women's Team in three exhibition games between May 31 and June 4 as part of the Sino-International Women's Basketball Challenge. China will be participating in these exhibition games to help prepare for the FIBA 2019-20 Asia Games and Olympic Tokyo Games. Each of the three games will take place in a different city The challenge opens on Friday, May 31 in Nantong, Jiangsu Province, then moves to the Qingdao, Shandong Province on Sunday, June 2nd before ending with the third and final game on Tuesday, June 4th in Changzhou, Guangdong.

Rice attended training camp with the Seattle Storm beginning on May 5 and saw action in the Storm's first preseason game against the Phoenix Mercury on May 15; she was waived shortly thereafter. Rice is one of nine former Zags to have been either drafted or invited to a WNBA camp.

Below is the full roster for the 3D China Women's All-Star Team:

Name Height Former Team

Presley Hudson 5-6 Central Michigan, Seattle Storm (WNBA)
    Maggie Lucas 5-10 Penn State, Indiana (WNBA), Landerneau Bretange (France)
    Ashley Morrissette 5-10 Purdue, Washington (WNBA), Dynamo-NPU (Ukraine)
    Andreona Keys 5-10 Purdue, Dynamo-NPU (Ukraine)
    Brittany McPhee 6-0 Stanford, Perth Lynx (Australia)
    Reyna Frost 6-1 Central Michigan
    Jessica Kuster 6-2 Rice, Ragusa (Italy)
    Zykera Rice 6-1 Gonzaga, Seattle Storm (WNBA)
    Sharon Houston 6-3 IU Northwest, Mardin BSB (Turkey)
    Jose-Ann Johnson 6-4 Duquesne, Panionios (Greece)

Gonzaga Article Link

wonderful news and well deserved....congratulations Zee....

and how refreshing to read Zag news...

Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    ....and how refreshing to read Zag news...
    Please feel free to post all of the "Zag" news that you find. We all would like to keep up with the current and past lady zag teams.

While we are all waiting for new "Zag" news to be posted, several of us spend hours looking up information on the Zags and other teams, reformat the information, create charts and graphs and post the information and pictures that we think the board members might find interesting.

I personally take offense to have you keep posting snarky comments on the non-zag news that others have PM'd me and posted on this board thanking me and others for taking the time and effort to post the information.

The simple solution is don't read the non-zag news if you don't find it interesting and let the others continue to enjoy it.

Did you notice that the KG thread on recruiting already has 137 views? Maybe you have no interest, but clearly a lot of other people do.

ZagDad

My cousin's husband, Carl Berman (Director of Ops for the team), texted me a photo of the team this morning and as soon as I can figure out how to upload it, I'll post it. They are in Qingdao now. Their first game is tomorrow night against the Chinese Senior National Women's team.

Zaglaw,

Do you know if the game is going to be streamed and at what time the game is?

Thanks,

ZagDad

ZagDad -

Sorry to not reply sooner. I've been offline. At any rate, it looks like the game is/was (?) at 7:30 pm China time. The 3D Global Facebook page says there will be streaming links, but I've not seen them. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/3DGlobalSports/

I'll see if I can get any further info from Carl.

Zaglaw

Game 1 is in the books.

After a 50-49 halftime close game, The National Team of China took advantage of mistakes made by 3D Global Sports-Canada and cruises on to win (96-74) at home in front of a crowd of 3,450 people!

3D Player of the Game vs Team China in Game 1 was Maggie Lucas. She went crazy with 17 points in the first 5minutes of the game and finished with 36, while shooting 90% from the 3.

I did not find any box score, but here is some links to some pictures and videos of the game:

Picture Link: https://www.facebook.com/3DGlobalSpo...type=3&theater Click on the picture to bring up the pictures that you can scroll through
    Video #1 Link: https://www.facebook.com/3DGlobalSpo...type=2&theater
    Video #2 Link: https://www.facebook.com/3DGlobalSpo...type=2&theater

ZagDad

The officials would not let Z start yesterday's game because her fingernails were too long. They ended up taping them, although I'm a little unclear on how that solved the issue.

Games 2 & 3 for 3D Global Sports-Canada are in the books. In Game 2, the 3D Global Sports-Canada played much better but fell in overtime 92-85. Game 2 player of the game for 3D Global Sports-Canada was Ashley Morrissitte, formally of Purdue by scoring 16 pts, 5 assists and 2 steals.

In Game 3, 3D Global Sports-Canada fell 102-77. Game 3 player of the game for 3D Global Sports-Canada was Brittany McPhee, formally of Stanford by scoring 16 pts, 3 assists and 3 steals.

Game 2 Highlights (some with "Z") at link: https://www.facebook.com/3DGlobalSpo...type=2&theater

Zee had at least a lay-up and a short jump in the middle of the key in Game 2 as shown in the highlight video.

No Game 3 highlights have been posted.

ZagDad