Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad to see this promising recruiting forum slide into oblivion with Caldwell's exit

Default Sad to see this promising recruiting forum slide into oblivion with Caldwell's exit

One can hope that one of the other connected recruiting board members will pick up the flag and soldier on.

Quote Originally Posted by GLJake View Post
    One can hope that one of the other connected recruiting board members will pick up the flag and soldier on.
    And for the time being, it will be The “Stuff I Saw in Twitter” Box

Give it some time - sounds like Caldwell may return at some point, and maybe the board admins can come up with someone else to moderate so that all he has to do is provide awesome information.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Where’d he go?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Where’d he go?
    Taking a hiatus because of the bickering and off topic snark.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by GLJake View Post
    It’s the quiet before the storm. Next week we should hear some news.

Somebody besides him is missing. He did a Good job. Hope we get him back.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-20-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    It’s the quiet before the storm. Next week we should hear some news.
    Why next week? At this point, I assume no new news until after NBA draft.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Maybe Caldy and Suggsy will emerge, signed and sealed, at the same time......

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Maybe Caldy and Suggsy will emerge, signed and sealed, at the same time......
    Fingers crossed

Jazz, I hope for his sake, he isn't reading anything on this site...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Jazz, I hope for his sake, he isn't reading anything on this site...
    I would like to see a Caldwell only topic where it is only posts from Caldwell. Really, that's why a lot of us are here and would be nice not to have to swim through the rest. No moderating needed.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    I would like to see a Caldwell only topic where it is only posts from Caldwell. Really, that's why a lot of us are here and would be nice not to have to swim through the rest. No moderating needed.
    +1. Then we don't have to worry about the arguing.

Of course that won't stop other people from arguing about whatever he posts in a separate thread, but the idea is nice - I miss seeing all the recruiting nuggets that he was providing!

There are many to point fingers at and I am sure that some have been pointed at me, but just to remind folks, no matter how good your intentions are, it takes two (or more) to participate in an argument.

I would serve as an admin but I’d have a very short leash for the annoying posters here. We’re talking a Few on Arop leash.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Somebody besides him is missing. He did a Good job. Hope we get him back.
    I hope we get both of them back. Spy added a lot of flavor to the board.

They could call it Caldwell's Corner. Whenever there was a new thread or post it would be must read information!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    I would serve as an admin but I’d have a very short leash for the annoying posters here. We’re talking a Few on Arop leash.
    This would be the reason that you would not be a good mod.

If you can't handle annoying posters, that is YOUR problem. It is when it goes beyond annoying that action needs to be taken, and slowly, MODerately at first.

After reading this Forum for about a decade, this is my very first post. I decided to post in this thread because I believe that I can relate to Caldwell's frustration and why he left... I would do the same. But the #1 reason I signed up is so I could use the "Ignore" feature to block those who I feel are way too negative and dysfunctional... so far I only have 3 on my list, because IMHO they are way beyond annoying. They too frequently bring super BAD to this amazing Forum for Gonzaga basketball and the GOOD it has brought us fans for many years. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by zagmeister View Post
    After reading this Forum for about a decade, this is my very first post. I decided to post in this thread because I believe that I can relate to Caldwell's frustration and why he left... I would do the same. But the #1 reason I signed up is so I could use the "Ignore" feature to block those who I feel are way too negative and dysfunctional... so far I only have 3 on my list, because IMHO they are way beyond annoying. They too frequently bring super BAD to this amazing Forum for Gonzaga basketball and the GOOD it has brought us fans for many years. Go Zags!
    Wilkommen, Herr ZagMeister!

Allow me to offer my solution to those obsessed with being "objective", to the point where it's obvious that objectivity requires pointing out the shortcomings of our players.

Take a few days out of your summer, and put your son, nephew, grandson in a Zag hoops camp. If they're old enough, let them be full time campers for the camp. I had the best of both worlds, as my then 15 YO son was a camper...he had a few days respite from Mom and Dad, while our 6 YO grandson had a few days alone with Nana and Opa.

He had a pretty good time with us, as he's gotten used to Opa's predilection to searching out his next favorite winery. He is outgoing and a knack for making new friends.

What you will find with these camps is the unbelievable accessibility to the players there for the summer. They volunteer their time at these camps, and make themselves available for pictures, autographs, and friendly conversations. Corey took time out from his evening workout to give personal instruction to my grandson. Josh played my son in a game of one on one, and Jesse Wade's brother invited Big D to join him on the court while the Wade family was shooting hoops.

For me, it was all capped off by seeing Eric McClellan shooting free throws at about 10 PM, long after the campers had departed for the day. We had a brief but friendly conversation. He told me he was back at GU for personal reasons, and to "get his head right." As one who had not been on campus for 16 years, I completely understood his point of view.

We weren't even close to winning a mythical award for campers who traveled the farthest, and we drove up from Texas. My DFW alumni chapter shirt drew a few remarks, but there were kids from the East Coast, and I heard there were a few foreigners in attendance.

I try not to wear rose colored glasses, and I admit my objectivity may be a bit clouded. However, spend a few days around them, and see if it doesn't change your attitude about the Zag way of doing things, and how we're members of an ever growing Zag family.

Then, when all else fails, feel free to employ the Ignore feature on those who just can't get the message.

This belong here?

Top 10 prep star Jaden McDaniels picks ... Washington

Jaden McDaniels was never your typical high school basketball superstar, and his recruitment was not your typical recruitment. There was never going to be a grand announcement live on ESPN, picking from a row of hats on a table while America waited breathlessly.

Instead, with no hint or warning, McDaniels quietly posted a picture on social media Tuesday at 10:03 p.m. of him in a purple Washington jersey with the message: “I’m staying home.” That’s it.

McDaniels’ other four finalists, named back in September, were Kentucky, UCLA, Texas and San Diego State – where his older brother, Jalen, spent three years before turning pro earlier this spring. UCLA, Texas and SDSU essentially stopped recruiting him weeks ago, according to several sources, leaving Kentucky and Washington to battle for the 6-foot-10 McDonald’s all-American from the Seattle suburb of Federal Way.

At Washington, McDaniels will join fellow top 10 prep prospect Isaiah Stewart, a 6-9, 245-pound power forward, and four-star guard RaeQuan Battle. The Huskies also will add Kentucky transfer guard Quade Green.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Wilkommen, Herr ZagMeister!

Allow me to offer my solution to those obsessed with being "objective", to the point where it's obvious that objectivity requires pointing out the shortcomings of our players.

Take a few days out of your summer, and put your son, nephew, grandson in a Zag hoops camp. If they're old enough, let them be full time campers for the camp. I had the best of both worlds, as my then 15 YO son was a camper...he had a few days respite from Mom and Dad, while our 6 YO grandson had a few days alone with Nana and Opa.

He had a pretty good time with us, as he's gotten used to Opa's predilection to searching out his next favorite winery. He is outgoing and a knack for making new friends.

What you will find with these camps is the unbelievable accessibility to the players there for the summer. They volunteer their time at these camps, and make themselves available for pictures, autographs, and friendly conversations. Corey took time out from his evening workout to give personal instruction to my grandson. Josh played my son in a game of one on one, and Jesse Wade's brother invited Big D to join him on the court while the Wade family was shooting hoops.

For me, it was all capped off by seeing Eric McClellan shooting free throws at about 10 PM, long after the campers had departed for the day. We had a brief but friendly conversation. He told me he was back at GU for personal reasons, and to "get his head right." As one who had not been on campus for 16 years, I completely understood his point of view.

We weren't even close to winning a mythical award for campers who traveled the farthest, and we drove up from Texas. My DFW alumni chapter shirt drew a few remarks, but there were kids from the East Coast, and I heard there were a few foreigners in attendance.

I try not to wear rose colored glasses, and I admit my objectivity may be a bit clouded. However, spend a few days around them, and see if it doesn't change your attitude about the Zag way of doing things, and how we're members of an ever growing Zag family.

Then, when all else fails, feel free to employ the Ignore feature on those who just can't get the message.

TZF another excellent post in helping us keep our perspective about those that play for GU...it is a special place, with special people and I envy you and others that were able to be educated at GU and are willing to share their experiences, WHICH imo allows us to feel "closer" to the players and the school itself...THANKS!