ESPN Bracketology (5-16-19).....amazing Zags a 2 seed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

ESPN Bracketology (5-16-19).....amazing Zags a 2 seed.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Looks like even without the 3 (maybe 4) leaving us, Joey still think we have a majorly winning team. We'll know more after the draft but we do know 3 are leaving.. I think we'll be alright. Big question mark is Tillie.

Top 10 come October (crossing fingers).
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Absolutely more meaningless than most.

With one exception.

The fact that we're a two seed with most our team leaving is a testament to Mark Few and staff, and their ability to now field a team that will be top 10 near every year. That is what I am seeing. Recognition that Few and company are now at a level that the expectation, with recruits and transfers is that we'll have a team that is top 10, 15, or so, and I think that DOES mean something.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• OntZags
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Jan 2017

I think it is about time people stop complaining about Gonzaga not getting respect nationally from the media. Because those days are long gone. GU has been getting lots of love in recent years.

We'll see how the rest of the offseason plays out but this team could possibly contend for such a high seed. They also might just sneak into the tourney if things go awry.

Comment

• Goshzagit
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

Lose 4 starters and our 6th man & 8th man declare for NBA draft.

2 seed on reputation and respect alone.

Incredible, really.

Comment

• zagdontzig
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post

With one exception.

The fact that we're a two seed with most our team leaving is a testament to Mark Few and staff, and their ability to now field a team that will be top 10 near every year. That is what I am seeing. Recognition that Few and company are now at a level that the expectation, with recruits and transfers is that we'll have a team that is top 10, 15, or so, and I think that DOES mean something.
          Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
          Lose 4 starters and our 6th man & 8th man declare for NBA draft.

2 seed on reputation and respect alone.

Incredible, really.
          These.
          Originally posted by Reborn
          Go Zags!!!
          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Zagger
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post

With one exception.

Yeppers. Helps that there are some good guys coming in too. Lots of time between now and November .... It’ll be fun to watch a slew of new Zags + see how those returning have improved. Should be a whole different flavor of Zags what with Rui, Brandon, Zach and Josh gone .... and likely 1-2 others.

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

And I suppose you would be just as unenthused if we were a 10 seed? No. It’s earlyand you ant hang hour hat on ‘tis but it means we have a very good team coming up. Better than most of the nation.

Comment

• Malastein
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

If they were ranked as the number one team, I literally wouldn’t care at this point. There’s a lot of pieces to bring together at this point!
                The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• MickMick
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

What is there? Something like 300+ players with the mindset that it is time to move on from college ball or their current team? This snapshot in time reflects that.

There are a heck of a lot of teams that are potentially in the rebuild/reload mode right now. The roster churn in modern college basketball is nothing short of breathtaking.

Any speculation at this particular time is based upon any given program's track record and certainly can't take rosters into account. The grad transfers haven't even all committed yet.

Now, more than ever, you have to take into account the teams that will retain the majority of their roster. Isn't SMC one of those? (even though I hate their transition to a dribble isolation offense)
                  I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

College basketball rankings: Texas Tech jumps in early Top 25 And 1 after bringing in talented transfers

team logo GONZAGA

Coach: Mark Few

2018-19 record: 33-4

Notable players definitely gone: Brandon Clarke, Rui Hachimura, Zach Norvell, Josh Perkins, Geno Crandall, Jeremy Jones

Other expected departures: N/A

Notable players expected to return: Corey Kispert, Killian Tillie, Filip Petrusev, Joel Ayayi

Expected additions: Admon Gilder, Drew Timme, Anton Watson, Pavel Zakharov, Oumar Ballo, Martynas Arlauskas, Brock Ravet

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                      • Feb 2007

Appreciate the confidence they have in Few and Co. but I think the youth of this team will slow the progression some. 20+ wins will happen... don't see 30 in the cards... don't see high 20s in the cards and I think that is what would be needed for a 2 seed. My gut says Zags drop 4 or so in OOC and probably 2 in conf. Ceiling is probably 5 or 6 seed. JMHO
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• EEzag
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Aug 2007

I don't know. If our defense comes together (this will be a frustrating year for missed assignments) this team is going to be a lot of fun. 2 seed would be this teams ceiling though. Gut feeling says a 3 to 4 seed with some serious momentum. We drop 2 in the WCC, just too much talent vs. not enough.

Comment

• SageOfZagville
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Feb 2007

We are really going to miss Brandon's rim protection. I don't see anyone filling those shoes coming in. That being said, I'm excited to see the progress of this new young team. It might take 3/4 of the season before they start to gel offensively and defensively

Comment

• IowaSERE
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Oct 2008

A 2 seed would mean no more than 3 loses all season. Just don't see that happening

Comment

• spike_jr
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                              A 2 seed would mean no more than 3 loses all season. Just don't see that happening
                              It would also mean that GU would be in Spokane the first weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X