Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Mock Draft Update

Default 2019 NBA Mock Draft Update

Here is a 2019 NBA Mock Draft by Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated. This was compiled after last nights draft lottery where the Pelicans have the #1 pick.

#16 Rui Hachimura - Magic
    #25 Brandon Clarke - Blazers
    #39 Zach Norvell JR - Pelicans
    #49 Killian Tillie - Spurs

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2019-nb...182722772.html

10. Atlanta Hawks (via Dallas) – Rui Hachimura, 6-8 1/2, 230, F, Jr., Gonzaga

Hachimura is a big, strong and athletic forward who turned into an alpha dog this past season at Gonzaga. He can score at all three levels, and is still a work in progress in terms of his upside. But Hachimura’s versatility would fit well in Atlanta.

15. Detroit Pistons – Brandon Clarke, 6-8, 220, PF, RS Jr., Gonzaga

Clarke began his college career at San Jose State, then sat out a season at Gonzaga before making a huge impact this past season in Spokane. He is a high-level athlete and an elite defender who still needs to work on his perimeter shot.

https://watchstadium.com/news/nba-mo...es-05-15-2019/

jonathan givony of ESPN only has Clarke then Rui going in the draft

Norvell and Tille not even mentioned
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Here is a 2019 NBA Mock Draft by Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated. This was compiled after last nights draft lottery where the Pelicans have the #1 pick.

#16 Rui Hachimura - Magic
    #25 Brandon Clarke - Blazers
    #39 Zach Norvell JR - Pelicans
    #49 Killian Tillie - Spurs

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2019-nb...182722772.html
    Way down for Clarke. I’ve seen some top 12s for him. Rui seems right, settling in the mid teens. Not sure any other mock has ZN and Tils.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Way down for Clarke. I’ve seen some top 12s for him. Rui seems right, settling in the mid teens. Not sure any other mock has ZN and Tils.
    As Hoop referenced, saw Givony's Mock on the ESPN Ticker last night; had Clarke #11 to the T Wolves.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Is going to be interesting. I think Clarke goes before Rui. Could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Is going to be interesting. I think Clarke goes before Rui. Could be wrong, though.
    I predict Clarke to Celtics at #14
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I predict two trades, a head scratcher, and a "Ha! I told you so!" before the dust settles.

Draft day is June 20.

Every year there are some real head scratching picks and trades. The only way to figure it out is to assume that some teams fall in love with specific players that other teams don't. Overall payroll seems to be a huge factor as well (when it comes to multiplayer veteran and draft pick deals).

With the NFL draft, it is more common for teams to trade picks before specific players are taken. Rarely do I see NFL teams trade players on the same day they draft them. It seems that NBA teams will draft a player with no intention of keeping him, hoping a draft day deal can be made, and await trade offers while the draft in progress. Are Eli Manning and John Elway the NFL exceptions?
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Draft day is June 20.

Every year there are some real head scratching picks and trades. The only way to figure it out is to assume that some teams fall in love with specific players that other teams don't. Overall payroll seems to be a huge factor as well (when it comes to multiplayer veteran and draft pick deals).

With the NFL draft, it is more common for teams to trade picks before specific players are taken. Rarely do I see NFL teams trade players on the same day they draft them. It seems that NBA teams will draft a player with no intention of keeping him, hoping a draft day deal can be made, and await trade offers while the draft in progress. Are Eli Manning and John Elway the NFL exceptions?
    Elway specifically said he wouldn't sign if taken by the team with the #1 that year. Was that the Colts?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Elway specifically said he wouldn't sign if taken by the team with the #1 that year. Was that the Colts?
    It was. The Colts called him up after they drafted him and he told them they had nothing. He was a stud baseball player too though.

My hunch is that Clarke gets traded to a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    It was. The Colts called him up after they drafted him and he told them they had nothing. He was a stud baseball player too though.
    I remember that draft pretty clearly...he didn't want to go to Indy, he wanted to go to Denver where his dad coached. He signed with the Yankees and threatened to play baseball, if he didn't get what he wanted...he got his wish and the rest is history...

I was able to watch his first three games in Denver and one could easily tell he would do great things...felt sorry for Deberg, who was the starting QB until Elway proved his worth...

Sorry for the diversion...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I remember that draft pretty clearly...he didn't want to go to Indy, he wanted to go to Denver where his dad coached. He signed with the Yankees and threatened to play baseball, if he didn't get what he wanted...he got his wish and the rest is history...

I was able to watch his first three games in Denver and one could easily tell he would do great things...felt sorry for Deberg, who was the starting QB until Elway proved his worth...

Sorry for the diversion...
    proved it indeed https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rom-the-1990s/

back to the mock, pretty good diversion itself until June 20, man these things generate chatter and cheddar

Post Combine....Sports Illustrated has Rui at 11....Clarke at 25.....and Zack at 50...….didn't see Tillie listed....

I suppose it matters when you are drafted but it seems more important to me that they have a opportunity to play and actually perform..

I will be shocked if Clarke has to wait til #25 to find out where he goes...

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Me too. Most of the mocks I saw had him low to mid teens. A few in the single digits and 2 at 23, but none worse than that.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    jonathan givony of ESPN only has Clarke then Rui going in the draft

Norvell and Tille not even mentioned
    Givony is generally considered the best mock bracket expert and NBA talent evaluator on the net. Used to run draftexpress.com (it's still a site, but doesn't really get updated). Givony moved over to ESPN a couple of years ago. I trust him more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Celtics need Brandon Clarke. A defensive minded, high motor, athletic big capable of switching onto littles who is all about we not me.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Celtics need Brandon Clarke. A defensive minded, high motor, athletic big capable of switching onto littles who is all about we not me.
    I have basically ONLY watched the NBA playoffs in the Eastern region (Leonard fan, here). I know virtually nothing about NBA basketball, but from what I can see, EVERY team needs at least one, preferably two, big bad ass dudes in the middle to block the drive.

There is one play in the NBA - seemingly - one guy sets a pick, one guy drives, three guys post up for 3s. If a team cannot stop that drive, they're completely done. So, I would think that Brandon could be used by ANY team out there.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I have basically ONLY watched the NBA playoffs in the Eastern region (Leonard fan, here). I know virtually nothing about NBA basketball, but from what I can see, EVERY team needs at least one, preferably two, big bad ass dudes in the middle to block the drive.

There is one play in the NBA - seemingly - one guy sets a pick, one guy drives, three guys post up for 3s. If a team cannot stop that drive, they're completely done. So, I would think that Brandon could be used by ANY team out there.
    Same could be said about Zach Norvell as it applies to need. He's a long range bomber who can ignite a team, and his basketball IQ IMO is high. How many times did we see him make a steal, grab a rebound, or deliver a nice pass to an open teammate. Yes, I admit my bias towards Zach, who has been greatly unappreciated on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Same could be said about Zach Norvell as it applies to need. He's a long range bomber who can ignite a team, and his basketball IQ IMO is high. How many times did we see him make a steal, grab a rebound, or deliver a nice pass to an open teammate. Yes, I admit my bias towards Zach, who has been greatly unappreciated on these boards.
    Hey, it's just my opinion but think his signing made GU's recruiting what it is today...3 ESPN Top 100 in 2019 and the possibility of 3 more ESPN Top 100 recruits in 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Hey, it's just my opinion but think his signing made GU's recruiting what it is today...3 ESPN Top 100 in 2019 and the possibility of 3 more ESPN Top 100 recruits in 2020...
    That class of 2016 has been nothing short of remarkable: Tillie from France, Zach from Chicago, Rui from Japan, Zach Collins from Arizona.

2019 and 2020 have the potential to build on that class. Timme is our first major recruit from Texas (not forgetting Meech or Jeremy), and Dominick Harris is from Southern CA, so our footprint continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Zach Collins from Arizona.
    vegas

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    vegas
    Sorry...what was I thinking?

A bit O/T, but my ROTC graduating class (1976, 20 grads) was pretty damn good, no thanks to me. We ended up with a 2 star general, a couple of full bird colonels of those that made it a career. About a third of the class ended up with Ranger tabs, and over half earned their "flying snow cones" (Parachutist Badge). I have fond memories of my trip to Benning in November '76. I was invited to spend Thanksgiving weekend with Greg McCormack and his family. It included a tour of their candy cane making factory when they owned Bob's Candies.