X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I need to clarify I am doing this for me and me only. I did not attend to throw spy under the bus as there were plenty more that were just as guilty. I just knew from the PM complaints that most knew spy was involved. The problem I have is now Spy is feeling the heat and it's not fair to him, that's not okay either. I am making the choice put the blame on me. I love Gonzaga, but I am taking time for me. Hopefully by the time I come back Jalen Suggs and Walker Kessler are both Zags.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      Thank you everyone for the kind words. I need to clarify I am doing this for me and me only. I did not attend to throw spy under the bus as there were plenty more that were just as guilty. I just knew from the PM complaints that most knew spy was involved. The problem I have is now Spy is feeling the heat and it's not fair to him, that's not okay either. I am making the choice put the blame on me. I love Gonzaga, but I am taking time for me. Hopefully by the time I come back Jalen Suggs and Walker Kessler are both Zags.
      Please lay off spy and others we are one family here, the Zag family.

Comment

• EEzag
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
        +1 more. Please remember that there are more people that appreciate your work than there are that cause you problems.
        +1 Seriously. Love your content. Enjoy the rest. We should all consider a small break

Comment

• gonzagafan62
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
          Caldwell,

I'm logging in for the first time in at least a month. I too needed out. I do still check the Whelping Box but was finding that less and less fun too.
          There are too many on here and elsewhere who delight in making others miserable. You are certainly not one of them.

I support your decision and will sign off again. Not sure I'll ever sign on again.
          Amen brother.
          Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Oct 2008

Let's go!!!

Love this post. Makes me hopeful that great news is still on the horizon as it relates to Zags recruiting, and also makes me hopeful that caldwell will return at some point.

Comment

• Zagceo
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Thank you for your work and take care of yourself.

Yes we are all one family and this to shall pass.

Comment

• Mantua
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Thank you for the fun we’ve had in this forum, Caldwell.
                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

Thanks for all you did Caldwellzag. I gave up years ago, trying to dig up recruiting information. The hate on this board is toxic. GU Boards was a better place with you and you did a tremendous job.

Reminder: Parents of players read this cr@p.

One more thing. I think this should have a different name, maybe "Gonzaga Recuiting". Some people have no clue what "The Whelping Box" is. JMO.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Yeah, but often it's good to get away from the family, and live your own life. 22 years ago, we moved from El Paso to Irving, primarily for greater educational opportunities for our kids. Another big reason was that my wife wanted to "spread her wings". Within a few years, 3 of her sisters moved to the area, with several nieces and nephews making the move in recent years. Too much of a good thing becomes...too much. lol

As an(other) aside, the way I viewed our players changed drastically two summers ago, when we made the trip to Spokane, the stated reason to enroll my son in a hoops camp. My personal reason was to get back to campus for the first time in 15+ years. I won't rehash the stories of our interactions with several players, but to see how they interacted with everyone was heartwarming, especially now that I'm an Opa.

I'm cool with constructive criticism, but I'm not cool when it hurdles into negativity. Most, if not all, of our players have been subject to unwarranted criticism, questioning their decisions to pursue their careers, or even their heart/toughness.

Ironically, Big D's favorite player remains Killian, whom he has yet to meet in person. As for me, I love them all. Of all the pictures I've taken over the years, this one with Rui is special to me, the wallpaper on my phone, bringing a smile to my face numerous times each day. I'd like to say it should be titled, "Class of 2016 Welcomes First Commit of the Class of 2029", but that's a bit far in the future. The purity of both smiles, the exuberance of youth, unsullied by the challenges and setbacks in life. I saw that same smile from Rui as he was riding his bike around campus, it's genuine.

Enjoy your time off from the Board, CZ, and we'll see you down the road.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

When it’s the same people that constantly drive others to be off the board it should be time to perma Ban those same members. Just my $.02. DONT care what they say or how they do it. It’s ridiculous, really especially when you tell Same members to stop and they don’t listen, they get banned for a month and never learned either.
                      Last edited by gonzagafan62; 05-15-2019, 09:03 AM.
                      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• willandi
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                        When it’s the same people that constantly drive others to be off the board it should be time to perma Ban those same members. Just my $.02. DONT care what they say or how they do it. It’s ridiculous, really especially when you tell Dame members to stop and they don’t listen, they get banned for a month and never learned either.
                        There is, and can be no permanent ban. Just a change of user name and possibly a different internet provider, whether actual or one of the other ones.
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                          Thanks for all you did Caldwellzag. I gave up years ago, trying to dig up recruiting information. The hate on this board is toxic. GU Boards was a better place with you and you did a tremendous job.

One more thing. I think this should have a different name, maybe "Gonzaga Recuiting". Some people have no clue what "The Whelping Box" is. JMO.
                          By and large, this is a great place with good people. There are a few with difficult personalities and a couple who bring out the worst in others.

That said, I sincerely hope that those who contribute and make this place exceptional will persevere, ignoring the weeds and enjoying the flowers.

Comment

• ZagBlue
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post

This is a great post. Caldwell did a tremendous job and will be missed.
                            I can’t stress enough what the above post mentioned: recruits and their parents read boards such as this and they do process the toxicity unfortunately. So, everyone, think before you post for a myriad of reasons. I’m not saying recruits make decisions based off of chat boards but IF the hard work of our staff is even slightly damaged because of such posts, then that means we are hurting the program we love.
                            Now, until Caldwell returns, I think we should start a new post chain on here (I will do it) where only legitimate information and insight is posted. No need to respond to those posts unless you have other true information. We can leave the opinion banter to other chains/discussions but this will allow for one chain of only true insight and none of the other bs. I will start that chain momentarily with some insight and I hope that everyone adheres to the above parameters since we all want info and our moderator has taken a rightful leave.

Comment

• bigblahla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Conversations written or spoken come from a positive or a negative position, rarely neutral.... instead of being negative about any particular idea or player express your opinion in a positive way... I got a polite, yet to the point, azz chewing by NJZ and LIZF via PM years ago after Danny "frickin" Pariseau and the Broncos knocked off the Zags in Spokane, and other than a few bumps it changed the way I post here... the fact is none of what is said on this board will influence Coach and staff in their decisions.... but it can have an influence on prospects, current players and their families... and to watch Zag fans battle here gets a little sickening after awhile... a sign of maturity is knowing when to be quiet.... continued belaboring of the same point over an over says more about individual egos than Zag fandom.... no one wins, everyone loses... the fact that mods have to step in and stop the bickering is sad but funny... grown keyboard warriors fighting it out is comical at first and then it becomes pathetic.... it's not about me or you it's about our TEAM, The Gonzaga Bulldogs.... state your opinion, if someone disagrees, that is their opinion, right or wrong it is not up to anyone else here other than mods to correct them.... friendly debate is one thing.... I'm sure we all can agree we have seen it escalate beyond that.... it's big boy time for all of us here... peace to all....

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• HoopsMcFadden
                                Redshirt
                                • Feb 2007

it is a wise man who takes the high road. caldwellzag, you are the reason i visit the Whelping Box. i respect your choice(s) in this matter, and how you handle yourself on this forum in general, and wish you the best moving forward. i will, of course, hope for your return as soon as you're ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X