Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whelping Box

Default Whelping Box

I have already PM'd Kitz about this, but I want to put this out there for everyone.

I am taking an extended technology break. I may check in here once a week or so, but for the most part I am going to be off technology. Over the past several weeks the Whelping Box has become more and more negative between users and I honestly don't like it. I need the break from technology for myself, but how everyone on every different side just attacks fellow users has made me sick. I have tried to put the fires out, but you guys keep going at it. At the core of everything we are humans first and the people on the other side of the screen are humans as well, we need to start treating each other like that. Whether we like what someone says or not, should not matter, we are humans and we need to treat people with respect.

I know the latest issue had to do with Spy and his over kill on Thorton, but it wore on me to have to ask multiple times for Spy to stop and for others to stop. There were many personal attacks that were made and that makes me mad, as you are attacking someone at the human level over their opinion on a recruit.

I need this type of online negativity out of my life for awhile, so I am stepping away from a job that I have really enjoyed of moderating the Whelping Box. I loved dropping some of the hints on recruits to you, but it's not worth my mental sanity. There are so many great people on here it is sad that the mob has to attack and run people off. I know other long time posters that have taken the silent approach as well, I think everyone needs to look in the mirror and ask why we are so ruthless to people (we probably don't know) online, when we would not be that way in person.

For now, I am out and no clue when/if I will return.

Go Zags!

Dang, sorry to hear that caldwell, I never really posted in here but often followed what was going on.

You are very appreciated, hopefully we all can have a look in the mirror and listen to your plea. At the end of the day we are all fans of this great program and negativity does not suit us as all.

Be well, hope to see you back again soon.

Wish that wasn’t the case, but most of us (probably all of us, really) have enjoyed your work and knowledge. Huge loss. Hope all is well on the personal side, and please come back as regularly as you can.

Well, that blows but not unexpected. This board has very much ventured to the negative side over the past few years, I agree. I almost feel like this site is getting to the point that it may implode upon itself. I wish there was just a zero tolerance policy on personal attacks and eliminate those from the board (moving forward). In any case, I guess I may as well go as well as the main reason I came here was for the insight on recruiting you provide.

Have a nice break and hopefully you pop back in...

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I have already PM'd Kitz about this, but I want to put this out there for everyone.

I am taking an extended technology break. I may check in here once a week or so, but for the most part I am going to be off technology. Over the past several weeks the Whelping Box has become more and more negative between users and I honestly don't like it. I need the break from technology for myself, but how everyone on every different side just attacks fellow users has made me sick. I have tried to put the fires out, but you guys keep going at it. At the core of everything we are humans first and the people on the other side of the screen are humans as well, we need to start treating each other like that. Whether we like what someone says or not, should not matter, we are humans and we need to treat people with respect.

I know the latest issue had to do with Spy and his over kill on Thorton, but it wore on me to have to ask multiple times for Spy to stop and for others to stop. There were many personal attacks that were made and that makes me mad, as you are attacking someone at the human level over their opinion on a recruit.

I need this type of online negativity out of my life for awhile, so I am stepping away from a job that I have really enjoyed of moderating the Whelping Box. I loved dropping some of the hints on recruits to you, but it's not worth my mental sanity. There are so many great people on here it is sad that the mob has to attack and run people off. I know other long time posters that have taken the silent approach as well, I think everyone needs to look in the mirror and ask why we are so ruthless to people (we probably don't know) online, when we would not be that way in person.

Go Zags!
    Sorry buddy if I caused any of this. I stopped as soon as you asked me too and even started a new thread but unfortunately as soon as that one went up, a few posters decided to attack me in it instead of making it about the thread topic. A similar string of posts just occurred on the main board and it has been brought to another mods attention. As I mentioned in another thread, this board eats its own worse than almost any board that I've seen. It's pretty sad.

Any chance you could just stop in and post your tasty morsels? - Forget the whole moderator biz. It’s a nasty, thankless position.

Sleep on it. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post

Go Zags!
    Good luck CZ.

I kinda wish a few others would make your solution theirs ... i.e. just voluntarily take several weeks off/away from these forums.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Very sorry that putting out all the fires and playing peace keeper has weighed on you like this. Hope to see you back posting sooner than later. You will be greatly missed in the time being. All the best!

I hope you change your mind CaldwellZag. You have been my favorite GUBoards poster for quite some time now!!

All the best to you regardless of what you decide to do.

Good choice.

Spending much time talking to folks online is pretty bad for you.

Just fantastic - this is why we can't have nice things. CaldwellZag was doing a tremendous service to this board and now its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Just fantastic - this is why we can't have nice things. CaldwellZag was doing a tremendous service to this board and now its gone.
    Yup. Damn you’re the only reason I’m here. I might just have to put it away too. Thanks for everything man. This was was cool with you GZ and BZ, and the other BZ too. Imma cry in my hole now. Thanks for the memories
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Come back! We all love you. Come back.

The attacks on Thornton were the epitome of stupid in the first place. He will be a very good Zag and will form a great defensive and leadership heavy backcourt with Gilder.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Come back! We all love you. Come back.

The attacks on Thornton were the epitome of stupid in the first place. He will be a very good Zag and will form a great defensive and leadership heavy backcourt with Gilder.
    Pretty much but said posters don’t like to just see only the positives. Only negatives. Sigh. It was a good run. All good things come to an end.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Caldy, you were far and away the most refreshing new voice we’ve seen on this board in years. Rest up, come back.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Sorry buddy if I caused any of this. I stopped as soon as you asked me too and even started a new thread but unfortunately as soon as that one went up, a few posters decided to attack me in it instead of making it about the thread topic. A similar string of posts just occurred on the main board and it has been brought to another mods attention. As I mentioned in another thread, this board eats its own worse than almost any board that I've seen. It's pretty sad.
    Not sure why it would take someone asking you to stop for you to realize the constant additional posts weren’t adding anything to the conversation. Quite the opposite really. Hopefully a lesson is learned here.

This is very unfortunate indeed.

Take a much needed breather Caldwell. Hope the board can prove to you we learned from this, so you can feel comfortable coming back.

This board was so dope a few weeks ago. Rest up Caldwell, we all understand where you're coming from

You will be missed Caldwell -- rest up.

Sorry to hear it, but much respect to you Caldwell. Please know that the silent majority loved your insight and service to all us Zag fans. Look forward to your hoped for return.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    Sorry to hear it, but much respect to you Caldwell. Please know that the silent majority loved your insight and service to all us Zag fans. Look forward to your hoped for return.
    +1

Not a problem, mate, enjoy the break. We greatly enjoy everything you've done. Frankly, maybe other people could be found to moderate things here, and you could simply keep providing the amazing insights you do, when you return.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Well that's just sad. Gonna miss Caldwell... his posts are the main reason I log on during work breaks and my down time at end of day. Hate that misbehavior has caused him to take leave. Rest up Caldwell.. hopefully everyone can use your absence to evaluate behavior and think twice before shooting off a post or perhaps not read unintended tone in someone else's post.

Caldwell.... Sad to see you go and will be glad when you return.... you have been top shelf as the mod for the Whelping Box... gonna miss your insight... come back soon...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Caldwellzag's contributions here were a huge breath of fresh air (for lurkers like me), and helped us escape the toxicity rampant on this board lately. What a shame that some are allowed to continue with their insults and blusterings at the cost of losing CZ's humble and valuable insights. We'll miss you CZ.

Strike's comment was the very first thing I thought of too- this is why we can't have nice things.

For shame.

Rats. Legit interesting content gone.