Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whelping Box

I don't post much, but I read this form a lot. This form was my favorite and CaldwellZag was the reason for that. Thanks CaldwellZag.
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

I have been reading this board for many, many years, back to old versions long before the transition to the Spokesman format we use today. Just in the past year or two, I began posting once in a while.

Caldwell, what have brought to the board has been awesome! The WB is the first section I check, thanks to Caldwell! I certainly hope that when the dust settles, you will still come back and share your insights on possible recruits. Thanks for all you have done Caldwell!

Go Zags!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Caldy, we hardly knew ye.

Dammit. I enjoy facts, and Caldwell brought them. People who post who have sources is a rare (and valuable) commodity around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

[QUOTE=NontradZag;1464705]Dammit. I enjoy facts, and Caldwell brought them. People who post who have sources is a rare (and valuable) commodity around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    Maybe if/when Caldwell comes back it would be better to lock the W.B. and only let Caldwell post. I'm willing to bet the vast majority only came to read Caldwell's content anyways.

As for the negative content, I don't get it. If someone is getting under your skin, use the 'Ignore' feature. Quit fueling the fire.

[QUOTE=EEzag;1464712]
    Quote Originally Posted by NontradZag View Post
    Dammit. I enjoy facts, and Caldwell brought them. People who post who have sources is a rare (and valuable) commodity around here.

Maybe if/when Caldwell comes back it would be better to lock the W.B. and only let Caldwell post. I'm willing to bet the vast majority only came to read Caldwell's content anyways.

As for the negative content, I don't get it. If someone is getting under your skin, use the 'Ignore' feature. Quit fueling the fire.
    If somebody is getting under somebody else’s skin on an internet message board that bad, that person(s) needs to grow up. They must find it awful hard to function in every day life.

[QUOTE=EEzag;1464712]
    Quote Originally Posted by NontradZag View Post

Maybe if/when Caldwell comes back it would be better to lock the W.B. and only let Caldwell post. I'm willing to bet the vast majority only came to read Caldwell's content anyways. Agree completely

Caldwell understand and sorry to see you leave...please take care of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Please lay off spy and others we are one family here, the Zag family.
    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post

If somebody is getting under somebody else’s skin on an internet message board that bad, that person(s) needs to grow up. They must find it awful hard to function in every day life.
    Please heed caldwellzag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Please heed caldwellzag
    No thanks. I’m tired of people being babies. It’s time to grow up. Nothing written here has been so bad that it crossed a line. If somebody doesn’t like the criticism then maybe it’s time to look at themselves. Believe it or not nothing is owed to any of us here.

I appreciate what Caldwell provided and wish he didn’t feel like he needed to step away but it is what it is. We’ll still get the information when it comes out at the end of the day. GU basketball and GU Boards will go on.

Did you idiots seriously run off our best insider?

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Hahaha

Please. Stay on topic.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Please. Stay on topic.
    haha. That is the topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    haha. That is the topic!
    was just about to post this! good one!

Oh the irony...

Yet another example of "No good deed goes unpunished". A few piss ants and a profusion of petulant posts upset the apple cart. Caldwell, you'll be missed. I didn't bother to follow recruiting till you started this.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Darn, just as I was getting more used to remembering to come here.

Caldwell, you are appreciated deeply.

But definitely take what time you need. You made it sound even bigger than GUB, and I think that makes a ton of sense. Get out and smell some real flowers, re-charge, see if some folks here can grow up, and then re-engage when ready.

Know that your work was deeply appreciated, and that your posts were also good conversation.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Please. Stay on topic.
    I guess I forgot the sarcasm emoji!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I guess I forgot the sarcasm emoji!
    I suspected your sarcasm. Good one.

I haven't been reading the whelping box for awhile but with Caldwell stepping away I went back and read the threads about Thornton. I have to say that I completely understand where Caldwell is coming from. It is actually disturbing to read the comments. I wouldn't even know what to do if I was the moderator. So taking a "break" seems to me completely appropriate but sad in the context of this board. Hopefully in addition to provide a needed break he inspires a renewed look at how we communicate, particularly in relation to the young men involved.

The Whelping Box seems pretty calm lately. I love it. Maybe Caldwellzag will be back in June.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    The Whelping Box seems pretty calm lately. I love it. Maybe Caldwellzag will be back in June.
    +1
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Yes please!