Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tillie pulls out of combine

Killian should do whats best for him......I don't know if that means another year at GU...although that would be wonderful.....

good luck to him in whatever he chooses....

fwiw, Tillie is enrolled and actively participating in GU Summer Classes (session 1). He's also been on campus recently.

Norvell, Clarke, and Hachimura are no longer active as GU students.

Evidently, Killian is still interested in completing credits at GU. While Summer courses aren't nearly as demanding, they still take work/time/effort to complete.

If he was "100% locked in" as Norvell declared, its not very likely he'd be taking a couple classes while intensely preparing for the upcoming Draft.

Either way, its a sliver of hope, unlike the other 3...

Appreciate the scoop

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    fwiw, Tillie is enrolled and actively participating in GU Summer Classes (session 1). He's also been on campus recently.

Evidently, Killian is still interested in completing credits at GU. While Summer courses aren't nearly as demanding, they still take work/time/effort to complete.

If he was "100% locked in" as Norvell declared, its not very likely he'd be taking a couple classes while intensely preparing for the upcoming Draft.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Interesting...he would have a huge opportunity to build his stock back up by returning. With that said, I will root for him if he decides to continue with the draft.

I also smell the possibility of some freshmen disgruntled at the prospects of their respective PT. We're stacked in the front court. *zips up fire suit*

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I also smell the possibility of some freshmen disgruntled at the prospects of their respective PT. We're stacked in the front court. *zips up fire suit*
    Maybe that's why PZ was/is talking about being 2020 instead of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Over the last 2 years, people behind Tillie on the depth chart have seen plenty of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    Over the last 2 years, people behind Tillie on the depth chart have seen plenty of playing time.
    Ouch...

Hugely talented basketball player, would welcome him back in any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Ouch...
    I wasn't trying to take shots at Tillie as much as I was trying to illustrate what you would say to a kid you want in the program next season. Tillie doesn't play 30+ minutes a game due to lineups, foul trouble, and unfortunately, injuries. The coaches will remind the new guys of this and let them know they have to be engaged are ready to go.

Thanks for the news. I certaainly hope he is a Zag next year. It would really help the team. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for the news. I certaainly hope he is a Zag next year. It would really help the team. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Go Zags!!!
    NCAA requires that for a school to pay for room and board for a scholarship basketball player in the summer they have have to be enrolled in summer school.

Even if Tillie wasnt coming back, it makes sense from a financial standpoint for him to be enrolled in summer school.

Love the kid. Hope he makes it back. Everything depends on his foot. So far we know nothing since his injury. I hope he can play. If he cannot play, I'm not sure what's in the cards for his academics/other scholarship support.. Maybe GZ/BZ might know. I don't remember this type of situation over the past 40 years or so.

Can we PLEASE dial back the injury speculation? From everything I have ever read, it wasn't much more than a sprain... now we are on here speculating he'll never play again... well one poster said he would find a reason to not play next season. With every post it seems the speculation gets worse and worse... I am waiting for the post where he has become a double amputee.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Can we PLEASE dial back the injury speculation? From everything I have ever read, it wasn't much more than a sprain... now we are on here speculating he'll never play again... well one poster said he would find a reason to not play next season. With every post it seems the speculation gets worse and worse... I am waiting for the post where he has become a double amputee.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    Maybe that's why PZ was/is talking about being 2020 instead of 2019.
    Source? Never heard this before now.

From Sam Vecenie at The Athletic (May 22, 2019):

Killian Tillie, Gonzaga: Tillie ended up having to withdraw from the combine. He suffered a sprained ankle at a workout with the Hawks prior to the combine. The feeling around the league is that, after a season where few evaluators got a chance to see him after he suffered multiple injuries, Tillie would do well to return to school unless he can get in front of executives to do more workouts prior to the May 29 deadline. Some teams are big fans of Tillie long-term, but he needs to find a way to stay healthy after such a tough year.
    https://theathletic.com/984128/2019/...-with-bol-bol/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    It was in the Whelpling forum somewhere...people were asking if he could do that since he had already signed his LOI. Someone with better searching skills then me might be able to point you to the correct thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    NCAA requires that for a school to pay for room and board for a scholarship basketball player in the summer they have have to be enrolled in summer school.

Even if Tillie wasnt coming back, it makes sense from a financial standpoint for him to be enrolled in summer school.
    Thanks Milehigh and good stuff. Have you heard if he’s made a decision or if he’s leaning one direction over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    It was in the Whelpling forum somewhere...people were asking if he could do that since he had already signed his LOI. Someone with better searching skills then me might be able to point you to the correct thread.
    It was speculation and I remember it as being shot down immediately.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hugely talented basketball player, would welcome him back in any capacity.
    Yup, a certain Wooden front runner if healthy all year

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    Yup, a certain Wooden front runner if healthy all year
    Absolutely everything is different about next year if a healthy Tillie plays next year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

At the expense of sounding trite, I still want what is best for Tillie. I certainly think he would be a great keeper for next year and would be in a great position to provide mentorship and leadership to the new guys. One of my biggest concerns with all of the guys leaving is, who will show the next iteration of Zags the Gonzaga way? This can be done in sort by the coaches but I feel that you really need players to help pass down the team culture and program legacy.

I'm sorry, but I'm ready to move on from Tillie and Zack as well. Both of them can win you games, but also either totally dissappear, or shoot you out of games. I'm excited about our new guys

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm ready to move on from Tillie and Zack as well. Both of them can win you games, but also either totally dissappear, or shoot you out of games. I'm excited about our new guys
    That's your right, of course, but I don't paint both of them with that particular brush. Tils does so much more on the court than shoot, and his BB IQ is very high. if anything, like Josh was, he's too unselfish. Just MO.