Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tillie pulls out of combine

Default Tillie pulls out of combine

posted elsewhere.

Early entry players have until May 29 if they decide to pull out of the draft and return to school. Missing the combine erased an opportunity for Tillie to compete against the nation’s top players but the decision is understandable if he’s not able to put his best foot forward in front of NBA teams.

Tillie could still work out for NBA teams, if his ankle cooperates, leading up to the May 29 deadline.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...nba-draft-com/

I love Tillie, but the word is out how injury prone he is. Has a history prior to Gonzaga as well the last few years. I hope it's just fluke but it seems like a trend.
    America's Team!

Most agents tell players to miss the combines unless they are 100%. Josh did same (decided not to go) at G league Elite camp yesterday due to a nagging turf toe. He has been in LA for the last couple weeks working out with Sabonis and some other NBA guys and thats when the toe thing flared up. He has workouts scheduled in 3 cities with 3 different NBA teams over the next week and they thought resting the toe in preparation for those work outs was the best business decision.

the dreaded turf toe strikes again. I was at the Ariz tourney game in S.D. when zags got railroaded. Was fun to beat Marcus Smart and OSU the game before though. Best of luck to Josh.

I wonder if Killian just might hang it up. I feel horrible for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I love Tillie, but the word is out how injury prone he is. Has a history prior to Gonzaga as well the last few years. I hope it's just fluke but it seems like a trend.
    What connected sources have you gotten this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    What connected sources have you gotten this information from?
    Unfortunately, Tillie's injury woes are public information. Tillie was injured prior to coming to Gonzaga. In fact, he was out for an entire year. Tillie then got injured (famously) just prior to our Sweet16 game in 2018 vs. Florida State. Then Tillie got injured at the start of this last season and missed a big chunk of the season. Then he got injured again after he came back and missed even more games. Most recently, he was injured while at a work out for an NBA team, not able to finish the work out.

Could be. Great player and a better person.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I wonder if Killian just might hang it up. I feel horrible for the kid.

Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    To recap:

Iowa State's Marial Shayok
    Ole Miss's Terence Davis
    Tulsa's Dequan Jeffries
    Nevada's Cody Martin
    Miami's Dewan Hernandez
    UCF's Tacko Fall
    Auburn's Jared Harper
    Iowa's Tyler Cook
    Syracuse's O'Shae Brissett
    Mississippi State's Reggie Perry

Advance to the NBA Combine

I feel like Tillie is the difference between hoping for a top 4 seed, and hoping for a seed. Though I think we'll eventually be just fine.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I feel like Tillie is the difference between hoping for a top 4 seed, and hoping for a seed.
    would like to agree with you, but the injury bug is a tough one to overcome, whether he stays or not. really sucks for him

Wondering if anyone can help me with the new draft rules? With Tillie pulling out of the combine, hes not eligible to return to school after the draft if he goes undrafted, right? He would have to withdraw at the earlier deadline or forgo his last year? If this has been covered and I missed it I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Wondering if anyone can help me with the new draft rules? With Tillie pulling out of the combine, hes not eligible to return to school after the draft if he goes undrafted, right? He would have to withdraw at the earlier deadline or forgo his last year? If this has been covered and I missed it I apologize.
    No he cannot go through draft. Deadline is May 28th or something. I don’t know exact date off top of my head
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    No he cannot go through draft. Deadline is May 28th or something. I don’t know exact date off top of my head

May 29th.

I thought guys could go through the draft and return to school if undrafted - assuming they met certain criteria. Like didn’t take money from any agent. They have until 5pm the Monday after the draft to inform the school AD that they intend to return.

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...nges-explained

"Agents will be permitted to pay for meals and transportation for players and their families during the agent selection process and for meetings with pro teams, if changes are made to existing agent acts and state laws."

"Players can also now return to school after going undrafted without losing eligibility, but only if they participated in the NBA combine."

Thursday, June 20
    2019 NBA draft

It could be that a grad transfer may become available after the draft on June 20, as a FYI.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    May 29th.

I thought guys could go through the draft and return to school if undrafted - assuming they met certain criteria. Like didn’t take money from any agent. They have until 5pm the Monday after the draft to inform the school AD that they intend to return.
    They can like willandi pointed out, but since Tillie did NOT participate in combine, that is no longer an option
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Default did tillie contract with an agent???

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    They can like willandi pointed out, but since Tillie did NOT participate in combine, that is no longer an option
    if he did not ...then coming back is still an option

Quote Originally Posted by realtydog View Post
    if he did not ...then coming back is still an option
    Yes also correct, but I was referring to mojos comment where he stated he thought players could go through the draft undrafted. Tillie can’t do that. He now has his deadline
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    [url]... "Players can also now return to school after going undrafted without losing eligibility, but only if they participated in the NBA combine..."
    interesting to me that they base it on players attending, rather than being invited to, the combine. if you get injured: 1) your draft stock becomes more difficult to gauge, 2) you'll probably have to miss the combine. that seems like a weird group to specifically exclude from this benefit. makes me wonder if the wording was just poorly thought out? "invited" would seem to function equally well as a filter to limit the eligible group to those the NBA had expressed an interest in, which i understand to be the purpose of the clause.

Thanks for the info. Guess we'll know soon if Tillie is back or not.

These new rules are so confusing to me. It doesn't seem as if anything is set in stone. I'll just be glad when we hear something solid one way or the other. I REALLY hope Tillie and Filip both come back. I hope Killian takes the summer to heal his body. Our incoming class is going to be amazing but it would be nice to have the bonus of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    interesting to me that they base it on players attending, rather than being invited to, the combine. if you get injured: 1) your draft stock becomes more difficult to gauge, 2) you'll probably have to miss the combine. that seems like a weird group to specifically exclude from this benefit. makes me wonder if the wording was just poorly thought out? "invited" would seem to function equally well as a filter to limit the eligible group to those the NBA had expressed an interest in, which i understand to be the purpose of the clause.
    I agree. It should be based on the invite and not the attending.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Its odd we asked Norvell, point blank, what his draft intentions were, yet no one has asked Tillie yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Its odd we asked Norvell, point blank, what his draft intentions were, yet no one has asked Tillie yet?
    Maybe Tilli isn't sure what his intentions are just yet. That would be my guess - and it's just that. Plus, whatever he intended at the end of school, he then sprained an ankle at a workout, and was seen "limping around Spokane" since - so, if he had plans after the season, he would at least have to refigure those plans based on this injury, it would seem to me.

Just a guess.

Since there's no penalty for waiting, it seems smart to me to get as much information as possible.

With Zach, I guess his mind was made up and he had all the info he needed to make his mind up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.