• MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Tillie pulls out of combine

posted elsewhere.
  • Zagceo
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

Early entry players have until May 29 if they decide to pull out of the draft and return to school. Missing the combine erased an opportunity for Tillie to compete against the nation’s top players but the decision is understandable if he’s not able to put his best foot forward in front of NBA teams.

Tillie could still work out for NBA teams, if his ankle cooperates, leading up to the May 29 deadline.

Gonzaga forward Killian Tillie will not be attending the NBA Draft Combine after all. Tillie, Auburn’s Chuma Okeke and Virginia’s De’Andre Hunter withdrew from the combine.

Comment

• HenneZag
      Zag for Life
      • Aug 2012

I love Tillie, but the word is out how injury prone he is. Has a history prior to Gonzaga as well the last few years. I hope it's just fluke but it seems like a trend.
      America's Team!

Comment

• MileHigh
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Jul 2014

Most agents tell players to miss the combines unless they are 100%. Josh did same (decided not to go) at G league Elite camp yesterday due to a nagging turf toe. He has been in LA for the last couple weeks working out with Sabonis and some other NBA guys and thats when the toe thing flared up. He has workouts scheduled in 3 cities with 3 different NBA teams over the next week and they thought resting the toe in preparation for those work outs was the best business decision.

Comment

• gonstu
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

the dreaded turf toe strikes again. I was at the Ariz tourney game in S.D. when zags got railroaded. Was fun to beat Marcus Smart and OSU the game before though. Best of luck to Josh.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I wonder if Killian just might hang it up. I feel horrible for the kid.

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
              I love Tillie, but the word is out how injury prone he is. Has a history prior to Gonzaga as well the last few years. I hope it's just fluke but it seems like a trend.
              What connected sources have you gotten this information from?

Comment

• former1dog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                What connected sources have you gotten this information from?
                Unfortunately, Tillie's injury woes are public information. Tillie was injured prior to coming to Gonzaga. In fact, he was out for an entire year. Tillie then got injured (famously) just prior to our Sweet16 game in 2018 vs. Florida State. Then Tillie got injured at the start of this last season and missed a big chunk of the season. Then he got injured again after he came back and missed even more games. Most recently, he was injured while at a work out for an NBA team, not able to finish the work out.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Could be. Great player and a better person.
                  Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                  I wonder if Killian just might hang it up. I feel horrible for the kid.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
                    4m4 minutes ago
                    More
                    To recap:

Iowa State's Marial Shayok
                    Ole Miss's Terence Davis
                    Tulsa's Dequan Jeffries
                    Nevada's Cody Martin
                    Miami's Dewan Hernandez
                    UCF's Tacko Fall
                    Auburn's Jared Harper
                    Iowa's Tyler Cook
                    Syracuse's O'Shae Brissett
                    Mississippi State's Reggie Perry

Advance to the NBA Combine

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

I feel like Tillie is the difference between hoping for a top 4 seed, and hoping for a seed. Though I think we'll eventually be just fine.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                        I feel like Tillie is the difference between hoping for a top 4 seed, and hoping for a seed.
                        would like to agree with you, but the injury bug is a tough one to overcome, whether he stays or not. really sucks for him

Comment

• bdmiller7
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2017

Wondering if anyone can help me with the new draft rules? With Tillie pulling out of the combine, hes not eligible to return to school after the draft if he goes undrafted, right? He would have to withdraw at the earlier deadline or forgo his last year? If this has been covered and I missed it I apologize.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                            Wondering if anyone can help me with the new draft rules? With Tillie pulling out of the combine, hes not eligible to return to school after the draft if he goes undrafted, right? He would have to withdraw at the earlier deadline or forgo his last year? If this has been covered and I missed it I apologize.
                            No he cannot go through draft. Deadline is May 28th or something. I don’t know exact date off top of my head
                            Qualified for 25 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

13 Sweet Sixteens (8 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Mojo13
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                              No he cannot go through draft. Deadline is May 28th or something. I don’t know exact date off top of my head

May 29th.

I thought guys could go through the draft and return to school if undrafted - assuming they met certain criteria. Like didn’t take money from any agent. They have until 5pm the Monday after the draft to inform the school AD that they intend to return.

Comment

Working...
                              X