Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Derryck Thornton Thread v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Really quiet on this one...
    Yeah, it's been a while since one of our insiders chimed in about this particular player.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Really quiet on this one...
    He did mention that he wanted to visit St. Johns after us.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    True. But many didn’t expect him to make it there.

At any rate, no details about the visit itself.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Saint johns is a dumpster fire. Hard to envision him going there.

Interesting that he is still at GU on his birthday (which is today, May 30th). I though he was scheduled to visit Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good sign?

Had to go back for seconds on those tacos!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

The official ZagMBB twitter account decided to follow Derryck today
    Also recently followed him on Instagram too

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    The official ZagMBB twitter account decided to follow Derryck today
    Also recently followed him on Instagram too
    I thought that they only followed players who have committed to the zags...........

The way kids announce their intentions these days they may find out faster following him on social media.

He hasnt posted on social media since January (twitter) --and Instagram in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    He hasnt posted on social media since January (twitter) --and Instagram in November.
    He posted on Instagram this week of him in the Kennel. Was on his story. Keep your eyes on social media this weekend.

Just FYI I never use this computer, but it was signed in so I thought I would say hi and keep an eye out for a VC this weekend into early next week at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He posted on Instagram this week of him in the Kennel. Was on his story. Keep your eyes on social media this weekend.

Just FYI I never use this computer, but it was signed in so I thought I would say hi and keep an eye out for a VC this weekend into early next week at the latest.

...thanks for the heads up?
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post

Thanks CZ
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

We’ve heard next to nothing about how the visit went and now the weekend has come and gone. Just repeating the obvious, but it seems unusually quiet given that it’s a high value target.

No news is bad news

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    No news is bad news
    If, during his visit, the staff and the team members felt that he wasn't a good fit so he wasn't offered, why would that be bad news?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

No news is bad news
    Or... maybe... just maybe it means there just isn't any news.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If, during his visit, the staff and the team members felt that he wasn't a good fit so he wasn't offered, why would that be bad news?
    when you start from a flawed premise (if we had offered, they'd have accepted/announced by now), it sure leads to some silly conclusions.

To some people, all news is bad news.

No news is bad news
    Disagree completely and whole heartedly.

The only recent “news” is Post #108 which IMHO is VERY, VERY good news.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    when you start from a flawed premise (if we had offered, they'd have accepted/announced by now), it sure leads to some silly conclusions.
    My premise was "If he wasn't offered".

How is not bad news a silly conclusion?

My premise was "If he wasn't offered".

How is not bad news a silly conclusion?
    the premise i was referring to:
    It would seem, to me, that since he was reported to be here on Tuesday and Wednesday that he would either have been offered or not. My thought is that had he been offered he would have accepted.
    maybe you've backed off the above, but since you've posted similar in multiple threads about multiple players, i figured you really meant it.

anyway, yes you couched it with an "If"... but the conclusion i was referring to was the jump from not having heard anything to we didn't want him and didn't offer, which isn't supported by any other info i've seen or heard-- but which you presented as though it was the likely/default explanation.

but you're right, taken at face value and in a vacuum, that post holds together fine. i just think you took the wrong fork in the road a step earlier, leading to that post.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    premise:

maybe you've backed off the above, but since you've posted similar in multiple threads about multiple players, i figured you really meant it.

anyway, yes you couched it with an "If"... but the conclusion i was referring to was the jump from not having heard anything to we didn't want him and didn't offer, which isn't supported by any other info i've seen or heard-- but which you presented as though it was the likely/default explanation.

but you're right, taken at face value and in a vacuum, that post holds together fine. i just think you took the wrong fork in the road a step earlier, leading to that post.
    You are right about the first post. Sorry. I still feel like IF he had been offered he would have accepted. I might have been wrong, but given a choice of a Top 10 team and going to the dance and a dumpster fire at St Johns, it just seems that there is only one choice.

The question about that is, was he offered or not, and we won't know until someone speaks one way or the other.

I was really just responding to the 'no news is bad news' post from Jazz, and trying not to be insulting about it.

You are right about the first post. Sorry. I still feel like IF he had been offered he would have accepted. I might have been wrong, but given a choice of a Top 10 team and going to the dance and a dumpster fire at St Johns, it just seems that there is only one choice.

The question about that is, was he offered or not, and we won't know until someone speaks one way or the other.

I was really just responding to the 'no news is bad news' post from Jazz, and trying not to be insulting about it.
    I highly doubt that ZAGMBB started following him on Twitter and Instagram shortly after discovering we not only didn’t offer but didn’t want him. They don't follow a lot of former recruiting targets except Kasun.