Thread: OT - Zach Collins a Gonzaga Second?

Default OT - Zach Collins a Gonzaga Second?

Is Zach Collins the second Gonzaga player to be an active player in an NBA conference finals playoff series behind John Stockton?

A pretty heady achievement, considering his contributions, and a great feather in the cap of the program.

Mods, I realize this is yet another Zach Collins thread, but I thought I would get a quicker answer to my question if I posted here. Feel free to merge with the other threads after someone chimes in with an accurate answer.

Thanks!

Who will be an NBA All Star first: Zbo, the Bonus, KO, or someone from this year's crop. Not NBA All pro, that's heady stuff. Just appear in a dreaded NBA ASG?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Who will be an NBA All Star first: Zbo, the Bonus, KO, or someone from this year's crop. Not NBA All pro, that's heady stuff. Just appear in a dreaded NBA ASG?
    Sabonis, assuming he stays with the Pacers and Oladipo recovers fully.

Right now its tough since Sabonis and Turner are kind of splitting minutes/position, but Sabonis outplayed turner and should get the nod to start.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Is Zach Collins the second Gonzaga player to be an active player in an NBA conference finals playoff series behind John Stockton?

A pretty heady achievement, considering his contributions, and a great feather in the cap of the program.

Mods, I realize this is yet another Zach Collins thread, but I thought I would get a quicker answer to my question if I posted here. Feel free to merge with the other threads after someone chimes in with an accurate answer.

Thanks!
    I was about to say Dellavadova, but I came to my senses. It’s funny how much I rooted for him in Cleveland’s Finals a few years back, compared to how much I rooted against him at SMC.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I just noticed yesterday that that Leonard guy from the Raptors, he's good.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    My gut says, based on his progression year on year, it would be Sabonis. I think Zach can get there as well. Needs to clean his game up some and reduce his fouls (although at least one of them last night was total garbage).
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    He made Elias Harris look relatively slow and unathletic when they matched up in college. It makes me feel better that Leonard is an All-World player.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post

Thanks!
    Kelly Olynyk appeared in the 2017 Eastern Conference Finals for the Boston Celtics. Indeed, he was a major factor in Boston getting that far, as he was the surprise hero of their win in the semi-finals' Game 7.

Ronny Turiaf appeared in all five games of the 2008 Western Conference Finals for the Lakers, as they defeated the Spurs, before losing to the Celtics in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    My gut says, based on his progression year on year, it would be Sabonis. I think Zach can get there as well. Needs to clean his game up some and reduce his fouls (although at least one of them last night was total garbage).
    Agreed. For all his wonderful instincts and attitude, Zbo does make some really dumb fouls. Of course he does stand out and he has an NBA rep now, plus he always looks a bit guilty. even when he's not...it seems Stotts wants to keep him out there so less of that yields more PT.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    He made Elias Harris look relatively slow and unathletic when they matched up in college. It makes me feel better that Leonard is an All-World player.
    I went to that one. How did Steven Gray look? I know he looked good

I remember every rebound seemingly bounced right to an Aztec. And it’s not like they needed help. They were long.

Great close game where we battled a foot injury
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzagger View Post

I remember every rebound seemingly bounced right to an Aztec. And it’s not like they needed help. They were long.

Cool game to be at.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I predict he’ll be an LA Clipper next year.

Turiaf started 3 games for the Heat against the Celtics in the 2012 ECF but really didn't play much overall. While he didn't get that many minutes in the Finals either, everyone who was a part of the team that stopped the Thunder dynasty from ever happening is a hero in my eyes.

Domas has been to All-Star game as Rising Star...does that count 1/2?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay.../#2541f287727f

Doesn't Ammo have two championship rings?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagnetitForce View Post
    Doesn't Ammo have two championship rings?
    Yes, but he did not appear in the Conference Finals and Finals in either season (and I don't believe he suited up for them either year, either). He did appear in two playoff games against the Thunder in the 2010 Western Conference Semifinals.

I have been corrected. Thanks everyone.

A heady achievement anyway for Zach Collins. He's one helluva player!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzagger View Post

Remember that game very clearly. I want to say we got out rebounded like 40-25 or something very close to that.