Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectation as to Tillie's Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    He'll be back and odds are he'll miss games or find some other reasons to not play. I know that seems unfair to say.
    Its unfair because its completely at odds with the facts. You're entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.

With out fail, those who know about how Tillie prepares his body have nothing but good things to say about him. He is know as a model teammate and a player with an excellent feel and knowledge of the game.

There is absolutely zero information from anyone suggesting that Tillie doesn't put in the work to keep himself healthy. In fact, if anything there has been ample evidence to the contrary.

But, for some inexplicable reason, you post on a public message board a disparaging remark about him that flies in the face of the facts. Why would you do that?

I am curious, what do people believe Tillie's plan to be?

I know that he has declared and that he can pull back at some time. Has HE stated what his intentions are if he doesn't appear to be getting drafted?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I never have put anyone on ignore. I just take it our brains are wired differently and we root and see things differently.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am curious, what do people believe Tillie's plan to be?

I know that he has declared and that he can pull back at some time. Has HE stated what his intentions are if he doesn't appear to be getting drafted?
    Nope, we've got no idea. And what should people on the internet do if they don't know? Speculate!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Norvell has a guarantee.

Guaranteed money, and at very least some type of contractual agreement awaiting him.

Tillie has neither at this point.

An invite to Combine was last minute due to numerous declines. Its awesome he was invited yet nearly did not.

He should return.

The gamble is ridiculously high otherwise.

Tillie, unlike any other player for Gonzaga has a chance to really improve his stock. Norvell was a late 1st Round, likely 2nd Round this year or next. Tillie can prove himself and others he is an elite prospect.

Not just a few draft spots, rather from Undrafted, or late 2nd Rd flyer, to a Lottery Pick type status.

It should be a no brainer IF he is seriously focused/reconsidering NBA.

If he is thinking Europe or a volleyball career, then by all means, go for it. Realize your goals and be paid to do what you love.

If he wants mega money, or to stick in NBA, coming back is his best option. It should be the only option at this point.

Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
    37s38 seconds ago
    More
    DeAndre Hunter, Chuma Okeke and Killian Tillie have withdrawn from the NBA Combine, the league office just informed all 30 teams that they will not be available for interviews tonight. Feel free to start speculating as to why (promises, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jonathan Givony

Verified account

@DraftExpress
    37s38 seconds ago
    More
    DeAndre Hunter, Chuma Okeke and Killian Tillie have withdrawn from the NBA Combine, the league office just informed all 30 teams that they will not be available for interviews tonight. Feel free to start speculating as to why (promises, etc).
    I'm speculating "promises." My bet is he was told to stay healthy and he'd be picked up as an undrafted free agent if he goes undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I'm speculating "promises." My bet is he was told to stay healthy and he'd be picked up as an undrafted free agent if he goes undrafted.
    I suspect it's due to health reasons and/or limiting teams to assess his ankles, feet, etc.

He can now pick and choose his workouts to teams which have shown interest or he likes. Also, buys him more time to heal.

Keep in mind, Killian averaged 6 mpg, 3 rpg last season.

It's not his current status he is being drafted on, rather his past results and future potential.

The mystique of Tillie is worth more than the current condition/state of Tillie.

I think Tils stays in the draft, gets picked (late 1st, early 2nd) and will be in an NBA uniform come opening night this October. If he is withdrawing from the combine because of injuries (which has NOT been reported, so far as I know) then perhaps I'll retract my prediction, but my understanding is that Tillie's injury woes aren't the result of chronic injuries and if that's the case, NBA teams know it. We all know that the NBA drafts on potential, and we all know that Tillie has enormous potential as an NBA player, so the notion that he "needs" to come back to do this or that in order to get drafted in the future doesn't hold up for me. He already came back once to improve his draft stock (I suspect he would have been a 2nd round pick last year), I don't think he needs to do it again.

From the news tonight on TV I thought to be a statement that he has withdrawn from the NBA draft. If that's the case any chance he comes back here?
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Spokesman said he was seen in spokane limping around after withdrawing from combine.
    Love the zags for life

If you can't run, you can't workout.

Speculation can go in any direction from there.
    I miss Mike Hart

I have to believe Tillie returns for his senior year. Good veteran leader for us to mentor the young bigs we have a stable of.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I have to believe Tillie returns for his senior year. Good veteran leader for us to mentor the young bigs we have a stable of.
    yes please

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Gilder
    ?
    Kispert
    Tillie
    Petrusev

Provided the ? is a pretty good player this is a very good starting 5 and with the young pups coming off of the bench, a lot of room for growth. If not Ravet as the “?” my dream scenario would be Shamorie Ponds or Ky Bowman if they pull out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    my dream scenario would be Shamorie Ponds or Ky Bowman if they pull out of the draft.
    Ponds isnt a graduate. If he transfers anywhere he has to sit a year

Spy... I'd say that question mark on your line-up would likely be Brock or Joel. Otherwise I agree with that line-up. Watson spells Kispert, Timme spells Tille and Petrusev
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

From Tillie's Instagram feed yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Spy... I'd say that question mark on your line-up would likely be Brock or Joel. Otherwise I agree with that line-up. Watson spells Kispert, Timme spells Tille and Petrusev
    I would put the money on him returning to Gonzaga for his last year and Watson RSing.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    I would put the money on him returning to Gonzaga for his last year and Watson RSing.
    Watson?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Watson is the real deal who could be a one and done so I'd be surprised if he redshirted.

I'd be shocked to see any of the incoming bigs RS....I don't think any of them are 4 year guys.

Watson is NOT redshirting...

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Watson is the real deal who could be a one and done so I'd be surprised if he redshirted.
    Watson is an NBA talent, no doubt. And yes he is the 'real deal', yet he is STILL growing and discovering himself as a basketball player. He considers himself to play (4) positions and very much a tweener.

Even our Coaches don't quite know which position he will play, as Lloyd just said last week he will play the (3), yet also the (4), even the (5).

He will be a difficult projection until he masters a position or two. Also, Watson is very much still learning consistency and growing into his ever developing body and game.

This generally takes an entire year or so to figure out. He isn't ready to be the go-to, #1 option until he can fully refine/develop his game. I compare him to Brandon Clarke, a terrific talent who took a season or two to really discover who, what, and which type of role/position he can play and be the best, most efficient at.

I agree, he won't redshirt, yet I feel he'll be a slow starter within in our structured system. It will take him a half season or more to play with the type of freedom he is used to and to take his game to the next level. Its not quite there yet....but it will be.

I suspect Anton to declare after his Sophomore year, yet not really on any one-and-done radars for next season.

Ballo might be the only RS of the group... and that might be a very big might.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death