Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectation as to Tillie's Plan?

Default Realistic Expectation as to Tillie's Plan?

I never for a minute thought he'd come back to GU until I heard the poor kid injured himself at a workout.

I can't imagine that a good pro team, one that invests in its athletes, would sign him until he can stay healthy.

Gonzaga provides their kids with world-class care in doctors and therapists, trainers, etc. He would have a tough time getting that level of care by himself or with a sub-par pro team.

Seems to me that the obvious best choice for him now is to come back and pray he can stay healthy.

But I don't know the time frame for any announcement. What is realistic?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Default Tillie should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I never for a minute thought he'd come back to GU until I heard the poor kid injured himself at a workout.

I can't imagine that a good pro team, one that invests in its athletes, would sign him until he can stay healthy.

Gonzaga provides their kids with world-class care in doctors and therapists, trainers, etc. He would have a tough time getting that level of care by himself or with a sub-par pro team.

Seems to me that the obvious best choice for him now is to come back and pray he can stay healthy.

But I don't know the time frame for any announcement. What is realistic?
    Tillie has several options. He can wait for the draft and if he misses out he can play in Europe. In my opinion, he is not coming back because of these options plus the injuries have convinced him to go pro. Just my humble opinion.

Without a guaranteed contract I wouldn't count on my body to provide the paycheck. A college degree will honestly be most valuable to him if he can't actually play the game he loves. I hope he's surrounded by people with his true best interests to give him the advice he needs. If that involves him leaving, I'll wish him the best from a grateful fan base.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

He needs to stay at GU. He has the chance to be a first or second option starting offensive player while proving to the scouts that he can stay healthy and continue to pursue the great academics that Gonzaga Univ. provides.....which could prove even more crucial if he cannot stay healthy and is forced to quit playing basketball. Even if he had stayed healthy thru the combine, and if some team had drafted him late in the first round, I would not have expected to see him playing in the NBA 5 years from now. I just don't think he is ready for the pros, and part of it is all the wasted time due to injuries. It's not just the lost practice time and the lost playing time, but all the time he has wasted on the court just getting into game shape and getting caught up to game speed. Where those 2 items were the primary goals for him being on the floor. Not making winning basketball plays like he is capable of doing. He's just been hurt too much to improve.

He'll be back and odds are he'll miss games or find some other reasons to not play. I know that seems unfair to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    He'll be back and odds are he'll miss games or find some other reasons to not play. I know that seems unfair to say.
    What would the odds be?

"Other reasons not to play" is an awfully odd way of putting it. I think it certainly IS unfair to say, bc there has never been an indication that any missed games were for anything but very serious injuries. That's part of the deal with him, the injuries are real, that's the problem.

I can see saying that odds are he will be back and odds are that he'll experience an injury and miss some time. but not "find some other reason not to play" - that does seem unfair to the kid. You have to have more to make an accusation like that IMO.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

"other reason not to play" is a garbage post. If you are going to say crap like that at least have the backbone to say what you mean. Do you have knowledge that Tillie did not play a game for any reason other that injury?

Not to pile on, but it was more than unfair. IMO it was an undeserved shot at Killian's integrity.

I just don't think he has the fire in his belly. I don't think he prepares or takes care of his body well enough before or after games. Other than being 6'10, I think he'd get pulverized in the NBA due to his lack of strength and coordination. I think he's constantly inside his own head. He seems scared of failure.

He reminds me like a lot of athletes I've seen over the years, on my teams, on other teams, in youth and collegiate sports, and to a certain extent in the pros, who seemingly have ongoing and reoccurring issues that on first glance appear to be bad luck.

Lock it up. This is dumb. Thx

ETA: Sry Dix
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quite the classless post.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Got it. I guess this explains Mark Few's continued effusive praise of Killian Tillie ... as a player, as a teammate and as a leader.

Thanks for clearing this up.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I love Tils.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I love Tils.
    Well, to get back on pace, do you think that he now comes back? And when do you think we'll know one way or another?
    Mark Twain.

Well, to get back on pace, do you think that he now comes back? And when do you think we'll know one way or another?
    YES. How much he contributes will be proportionate to his injuries. I'd love to see a whole season of AA play. He can likely do that if he can keep his wheels healthy.

I dont think he comes back unfortunately.
    Love the zags for life

Well know by end of this month
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

You just joined my relatively small ignore list. Lots of bs assumption in your characterization of Tillie. I found it really offensive.
    Last edited by maynard g krebs; 05-12-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    You just joined my relatively small ignore list.

I think a good team will grab him in 1st. Golden State ?
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

If he shows good at the combine then someone will take a chance on him for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    You just joined my relatively small ignore list. Lots of bs assumption in your characterization of Tillie. I found it really offensive.
    Ditto .... My ignore list got up to maybe 4-5 a year ago then I un-ignored them eventually and found their posts to be more sensitive - or they left the board. Now my ignore list numbers 1.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Sometimes sitting back and evaluating before you post something will stop you from posting this

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Ditto .... My ignore list got up to maybe 4-5 a year ago then I un-ignored them eventually and found their posts to be more sensitive - or they left the board. Now my ignore list numbers 1.
    So you're telling me I'm off your ignore list? (Not that I thought I was ever on one)