Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Realistic Expectation as to Tillie's Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Spy... I'd say that question mark on your line-up would likely be Brock or Joel. Otherwise I agree with that line-up. Watson spells Kispert, Timme spells Tille and Petrusev
    Really, you think Joel has a shot at starting? Not saying he doesn't, but I'd be pretty shocked if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    Ponds isnt a graduate. If he transfers anywhere he has to sit a year
    Are you sure? I thought that I read/heard otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Really, you think Joel has a shot at starting? Not saying he doesn't, but I'd be pretty shocked if it happened.
    Only because he has a better knowledge of the system. Now, by mid-season, who knows.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Spy... I'd say that question mark on your line-up would likely be Brock or Joel. Otherwise I agree with that line-up. Watson spells Kispert, Timme spells Tille and Petrusev
    I do like Joel's arm length for defense...and if he can tighten handles I can see him getting big minutes.

should be a quick yes no on watching his playing time if he's got the system down.

I really hope he puts on some muscle..protect himself from hard drives.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Watson is an NBA talent, no doubt. And yes he is the 'real deal', yet he is STILL growing and discovering himself as a basketball player. He considers himself to play (4) positions and very much a tweener.

Even our Coaches don't quite know which position he will play, as Lloyd just said last week he will play the (3), yet also the (4), even the (5).

He will be a difficult projection until he masters a position or two. Also, Watson is very much still learning consistency and growing into his ever developing body and game.

This generally takes an entire year or so to figure out. He isn't ready to be the go-to, #1 option until he can fully refine/develop his game. I compare him to Brandon Clarke, a terrific talent who took a season or two to really discover who, what, and which type of role/position he can play and be the best, most efficient at.

I agree, he won't redshirt, yet I feel he'll be a slow starter within in our structured system. It will take him a half season or more to play with the type of freedom he is used to and to take his game to the next level. Its not quite there yet....but it will be.

I suspect Anton to declare after his Sophomore year, yet not really on any one-and-done radars for next season.
    The Clarke comparisons do not match up since Brandon could not shoot until this year. Watson is at best a 2 year player. He will be the guy out of this class. Has the skill and work ethic to start from day one and will push Kispert to play the two or come off the bench by the end of the season. Not sure how many games you watched him play at Prep, but they run a structured system built on defense and sharing the ball. What makes Watson so good is his ability to pass and put the ball on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I do like Joel's arm length for defense...and if he can tighten handles I can see him getting big minutes.

should be a quick yes no on watching his playing time if he's got the system down.

I really hope he puts on some muscle..protect himself from hard drives.
    It's weird because I watched the Euro U18's this past summer and he was dominant; slashing to the hoop, pull up 3's, attacking relentlessly, he looked like an alpha male. Yet for us, he seems to really lack confidence. Hopefully that changes this upcoming season.

It's weird because I watched the Euro U18's this past summer and he was dominant; slashing to the hoop, pull up 3's, attacking relentlessly, he looked like an alpha male. Yet for us, he seems to really lack confidence. Hopefully that changes this upcoming season.
    he's one of those guys who would probably thrive playing for romar...zags not a great fit from a system perspective.

Ayayi did look great w U18 French team; whatever system they ran allowed the players to just go on instinct more than set plays. As has been mentioned, playing in an apparently much more structured offense that relies on players reading the D and then making split second decisions to run play x, y or z based on what the D does is like learning a new game.

Ayayi was 17 when he moved to U.S., lots of talent in front of him each year, now he is in year 3 of his process. I’m hoping a switch flips and he now knows Zags system well enough to play without having to think too much...loose, confident and smart is how he needs to play. Big year for Joel Ayayi coming up; he’s either gonna show marked improvement and earn key minutes this season or not. If not, hard for me to believe it will ever happen for him w Zags.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1