• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by LocalNative View Post
    It did "need to take place", anything to shut the guy up with his foolish opinions. Im only loyal to the zags, not a saboteurs feelings. Also it was posted for our future zags to see not everyone is onboard with questioning the coaching staff or the guy's they bring in.
    As the moderator of the Whelping Box, you need to stop. Spy has been a part of this board for a long time and has his opinions. There are times Spy and I do not see eye to eye, but he has the right to his opinion. Do I personally think he went to far on Thorton, yes I do, but I think you have completely overstepped your bounds as a member of these boards by the personal insults and are risking being suspended or banned. Please keep the conversations on the recruit, not on personal attacks.

Comment

• mgadfly
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      As the moderator of the Whelping Box, you need to stop. Spy has been a part of this board for a long time and has his opinions. There are times Spy and I do not see eye to eye, but he has the right to his opinion. Do I personally think he went to far on Thorton, yes I do, but I think you have completely overstepped your bounds as a member of these boards by the personal insults and are risking being suspended or banned. Please keep the conversations on the recruit, not on personal attacks.
      So a joke that a loudmouth is a Saint Mary’s fan crosses the line while repeated negative posts about the actual recruit is getting a pass because Spy has been here a long time? Wow. I agree with Spy, but I made one post about it. The SMC post was fine and does make a valid point to recruits who might see Spy (or my) post and be a bit unsettled.

How long does someone have to be here before they get the benefit you’re giving Spy?

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mgadfly View Post
        So a joke that a loudmouth is a Saint Mary’s fan crosses the line while repeated negative posts about the actual recruit is getting a pass because Spy has been here a long time? Wow. I agree with Spy, but I made one post about it. The SMC post was fine and does make a valid point to recruits who might see Spy (or my) post and be a bit unsettled.

How long does someone have to be here before they get the benefit you’re giving Spy?
        Have you read half of the post in this thread. I have told Spy to knock it off as well. If you would like to take over being the moderator go for it dude.

The joke crossed the line, as I was already trying to put the Spy fire out and that post did nothing to help. But also the two follow up post after I told him to stop were out of line as well.

Neither poster gets a pass, but once you are asked to stop, STOP!

Comment

• exclusivelee
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2013

Way to derail a thread.

Caldwell has posted a few times here mentioning that Thorton will probably be a Zag. We need a PG with college experience. He is one. His shooting could be a bit better. Not many other options at this point

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
          I will say it again but we probably shouldn't hate on a player who will probably be in a Gonzaga uniform next year.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Caldwell, you're doing a great job.

Really enjoy this forum & all the info you provide.

Keep up the good work.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bigblahla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post

Keep up the good work.
              Ditto.... appreciate all you do Caldwell .... by the way 50 last time we went to eat it looked like you were sitting on a lot more than 50... ... can't help it... I haven't poked the bear for awhile...

Go!! Zags!!!
              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post

Keep up the good work.
                +1
                Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• zagfan1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

I am personally not sure this move is necessary for GU right now. I think the best decision is to wait till after the timeline has passed for the NBA draft to see who is available. I would say this is a good move if another guard is leaving the team outside of the guys that have already been discussed. It could also make sense if we know we may not be in the mix for one of those guards who withdraw from the draft and can immediately transfer to another team. I would also have to think Nix is still a possibility even though his camp has kept everything hush hush. My recommendation is for the team to be patient. A guard will come our way that will be a great fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X